1.Ref:-Kasba PS case no- 200/07 dtd 01.08.07 u/s 14 Foreigner’s Act and adding section 489/489
In this case, the officers of SOG of CID WB arrested one most wanted criminal of Bangladesh National namely Shajedul Islam @ Iman @ Swapan Sarkar (38 years) S/o Lt Abdulla Harun Of 4/A , House no 39/A, Dhanmandi, Bangladesh Dhaka,At Present 23/A Rabindrapally, P.S,- Baguihati, District-North 24 Parganas on 08.12.2007, who took shelter in Baguihatai area ( North 24 Pargana) as an Indian citizen procuring some fake documents viz: driving licence,passport ,ration card,etc. He was also involved in circulating FICN notes in India, from whom 6 pcs of Fake Indian Currency Notes valued Rs. 3500/- were recovered and seized.
2. On 31.12.07 one of the associate of Iman @ Shajedul Islam namely Gopal Das (25) S/o-Lt Gurupada Das of Marakpur,Habra P.S-Habra Dist-24 Pgs (north) was arrested with recovery of some Fake Indian Currency Notes valued Rs 1000/- and the same were seized.
3. On 01.12.07 in pursuance of source information, S.I C.N.Chakraborty, S.I D.Das, S.I S.Mukherjee and force of Railway & Highway Crime Cell,CID,West Bengal duly accompanied by S.I B.Halder O/C Durgachak P.S held raid at the Godown of Mahesh Gupta, resident of 10 Guha lane,Ghusuri,P.S Bally and seized and recovered 153 bags Plastic granules of Haldia Petrochemicals valued rs.2,50,000/- as stolen recovered property of Durgachak P.S Case no. 100/07 Dt.30/11/07 u/s 407/120B I.P.C and arrested one accd. Anand kr. Jaiswal s/o Lt. Kamala Prosad Jaiswal of 21/2 K.T.Naskar Lane,P.S Malipanch ghora, Howrah in c/w the above referred case.(CID controlled case).
4. Ref: Kanksa PS Case No: 163, Dt: 02.12.07. u/s 468/471/379/411/413/414IPC.
On 02.12.07. afternoon in pursuing a secret information passed on by Motor Theft Squad of CID WB, Kanksa PS police helped in nabbing one person suspected to have one stolen Scorpio car having Reg No: WB 20G 1197 and also arrested five criminals who were on board. During checking some forged documents of the vehicle in the name of one Saheb Ali Mondol of Bongaon (one of the five arrestees) were recovered. Also one forged Driving License was recovered. On checking it was found that the engine and chassis nos as found on the body of the car do not match with the nos noted in the forged RC Book.
During investigation it has came to light that this is a gang of stolen car dealers, who also prepare forged documents in respect of stolen cars. Further raid was conducted and another member of this gang , viz. Shabu @ Akhtar Sk of Raghunathgaunj, Murshidabad was arrested and another such Scorpio car having Reg No: WB 42 K 7881 was also recovered and seized. One Xerox of the RC book, purportedly false/forged has transpired Saheb Ali’s name as the owner of the said vehicle.
Investigation has also revealed that the first registration is false/ forged as per report of RTA Alipur. In respect of the second vehicle it has been found from Mahindra & Mahindra Co. Ltd. that the chassis no is not of any vehicle of Mahindra. Hence the chassis number has been tampered.
One customer who was targeted by this gang for selling the second vehicle has already been cheated of an amount of RS 2,00,000/- in the name of selling this car to car him as a genuine vehicle.
That person has already made a confessional statement before Court. Date of FSL examination has been fixed.
5. On 10.01.2008 night in pursuance of a secret information a team of CID WB Narcotic Cell held raid from 01.00 hrs to 05.00 hrs at Panchkhela, Dakshinpara, PS Kaliganj, District Nadia and recovered 2 kg 500 grams of opium from the house of Abbas Ali Sk (35) s/o Lt Daud Seikh of Panchkhela. Accused Abbas Ali managed to escape on getting the smell of police. Over this incident, Kaliganj PS Case No. 7 dated 10.01.2008 u/s 17( C ) /18(B)/25 NDPS Act was started on the complaint of Inspector Shri P S Dey of Narcotic Cell,CID,West Bengal, against Abbas Ali. At the same time police held raid in the adjacent house of Abbas Ali and recovered 3 (three) quintal (approximate) Poppy straw from the house of i) Asbahar @ Habolo Seikh (32 years) s/o Lt Abdul Hamid @ Lachim Sk and ii) Patu Sk s/o do both are of village Panchkhela Dakshinpara, PS-Kaliganj, Nadia. Both the above noted accused persons were arrested and forwarded to the court in c/w Kaliganj PS Case No. 08 dated 10.01.2008 u/s 15 ( C )/29 NDPS Act. The case was started on the complaint of Inspr. Shri M.K.Banerjee of Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal. The value of recovered Opium Rs. 2 Lakhs (approximately) and Poppy straw Rs. 20000/- (approximately).
39. Tehatta PS Case No. 18/08 dated 18.01.2008 u/s 18(B)/17/25 NDPS Act.
During raid on 18.01.2008 early morning by Narcotic Cell, CID,WB One Sukdeb Mondal and Subuomoy Mondal @ Subhankar Mondal both s/o Joydeb Mondal of Chhoto Nalda Uttarpara , PS-Tehatta were arrested and 4 Kgs 300 grams opium was recovered from their possession.
6. Kalyani PS Case No. 34(02)(06) u/s 341/326/302/34/120(B) IPC SC No. 20(08)07 in the Court of Ld. ADJ First, Krishnanagar, Nadia was investigated by SI Atish Chatterjee of MTS Section. The trial of the case ended on 12.12.2007 with conviction of the principal accused Tapan Bhowmick @ Tapa s/o Lt. Haripada Bhowmick of Dakshin Chandamari PS Kalyani Dist: Nadia in this case . The accused was found guilty u/s 302/34, 326/34 IPC , 25(1A)/27 Arms Act. On 13.12.2007 Ld. ADSJ pronounced the punishment of the convict Tapan Bhowmick @ Tapa which is as follows:-
RI for Life and fine of Rs.10000/- id RI for further 6 (six) months for offence u/s 302/34 IPC.
RI for 05(Five) years and fine of Rs. 5000/- -id RI for further 3 (three) Months for offence u/s 326/34 IPC.
RI for 07(Seven) years and fine of Rs.5000/- ,id RI for further 3( three) months for offence u/s 25(1A) Arms Act.
RI for 10( ten) years and fine of Rs.5000/-, id- RI for further 3(three) months for offence u/s 27(2) Arms Act.
All the sentences to run concurrently.
In this case a total number of 5 persons were arrested including the convict, Tapa. The other accused persons were 1.) Ardhendu Sekhar Paul @ Bhola Paul 2.) Bedananda Halder, Krishna Kr. Sharma @ Rabi, Gobinda Das, all of Kalyani , Nadia. Out of them Ardhendu Sekhar Paul @ Bhola was charged with 120(B) IPC & the other three accused were charged with 326/34 IPC & 307/34 IPC.
7. On 02.08.2006 evening three dreaded criminals viz. Nazrul Sk of Kanta Mani PS Kulatali, South 24 Pargana, Osman Ali of Madhabpur PS-Kultali & Golam Kausar of Kankinara Bazar PS Jagatdal hired a Maruti Van vide registration number WB02E-6765 from Joynagar area, South 24 Pargana posing as customer for going to Tarakeswar, Hooghly. Reaching near Ma Manasha Dhaba at Buddha Park More, on Kalyani Expressway, Nadia they aimed an improvised fire arm to the driver and snatched away the vehicle from his possession and fled away towards Hooghly through Vidyasagar Setu. On receiving this information from a local person IC Kalyani PS and men rushed and nabbed the miscreants on way with help of Hooghly district police. A case was started ref: Kalyani PS Case No. 216 dated 02.08.2006 u/s 392/397/411/120(b) IPC & 25/27 Arms Act over this incidence The case was eventually investigated by Motor Theft Section, CID, West Bengal with active participation of a group of officers and men of CID West Bengal. On 22.01.2008 Ld Additional Sessions Judge FTC (1) Kalyani Court passed sentence convicting the afore noted three persons with RI for 12 years.
8. A notorious extortionist cum kidnapper cum murderer cum dacoit of Naihati area namely Sk Bacchu was arrested after a period of nine long years on 05/01/08 by SI Aniruddha Chatterjee, SI Chandranath Chakraborty, SI Dipankar Das and men of CID West Bengal in c/w the side noted case where Sk Bacchu @ Sk Abdul Salam had murdered one Sanjit Das, Ex Panchayat Pradhan, Shibdaspur on 03/07/07 as he was organizing groups against Sk Bacchu for not giving extortion money.
The offending firearm and vehicle involved in the crime was recovered and seized. The associates of Sk Bacchu namely, Md Pappu Sardar, Firoj Sardar and Sk Mohasin Ali were arrested. The act is quite appreciable.
The accused is also involved in the following cases:-
1. Jagatdal PS Case no. 200/98 u/s 394 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act.
2. Naihati PS Case no. 82/99 u/s 447/323/427/506/34 IPC & 9(B) IE Act
3. Naihati PS Case no. 91/99 u/s 384/302/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act, 9(B) IE Act.
4. Habra PS Case no. 353/99 u/s 302/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act, ¾ E.S Act.
5. Habra PS Case no. 354/00 u/s 395/397 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act
6. Naihati PS Case no. 23/00 u/s 392/506 IPC
7. Amdanga PS Case no. 31/01 u/s 395 IPC
8. Naihati PS Case no. 18/01 u/s 399/402/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act.
9. Naihati PS Case no. 129/01 u/s 241/323/506 IPC
10. Naihati PS Case no. 56/03 u/s 364/302/34 IPC
11. Amdanga PS Case no. 21/02 u/s 399/402/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act.
12. Naihati PS Case no. 28/04 u/s 302/307/120B/34 IPC
13. PR NO. 248/01 u/s 110 CrPC.
14. Bizpore PS Case no. 202/06 u/s 399/402/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act.
15. Bizpore PS Case no. 9/07 u/s 399/402/34 IPC, 4/5 E.S Act.
16. Bizpore PS Case no. 40/07 u/s 392/397411 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act.
17. Bizpore PS Case no 148/06 u/s 385 IPC.
9. This refers to Naihati PS Case no. 115/07 dt. 03/07/07 u/s 302/34 IPC, 25/27 Arms Act, added section 120B IPC. I.O – SI Aniruddha Chatterjee of DRBT Cell, CID WB. One pistol of 7.65 MM and one live 7.65 mmcartridge were recovered from his possession. Md. Papu Sardar (20) s/o Md. Siraj Sardar of Mehalpur Dhanyakuria PS Barasat, District-24 Pargana North was also arrested on 11.01.2008 in c/w same case and one White Maruti Van , Xerox copy of Registration Certificate and Driving license of Pappu were recovered from his possession. On 17.01.2008 another accused person Sk Mahasin Ali @ Feto s/o Lt Sk Murtaja of Shibdaspur Madhyapara, PS-Naihati , District-24 Pargana North was arrested .
10. On 22.01.2008 Officers and men of SOG Section, CID West Bengal arrested one Eshaq Ali s/o Lt Saukat Ali of Tanti Bazar Sonapatti PO-Sadarghat, PS-Kotwali , Dhaka, Bangladesh in c/w Kasba PS Case No. 200 dt 01.08.2007 u/s 14 Foreigner’s Act & adding section 489B/489C/120B IPC.
11. Ref:Shibpur PS Case No. 15 sated 16.01.2008 u/s 468/471/120B/121/121A/124/420 IPC & 3 / 4 Official Secret Act 1923 & 14 Foreigner’s Act. On 15.1.08 at about 16.00 hrs one Arabinda Biswas (39) S/o- Jitendranath Biswas of Nabasan P.O+ P.S –Bagnan Dist- Howrah submitted a written information to the officer incharge of SOG cell CID WB to the effect that he is an ex-employee of CRPF and presently working as a broker of land. One Bhakti Samanta informed him that he had got information from one Musharaf of Bagnan/Howrah that Bangladesh Security Agency is recruiting Indian ex-army providing lucrative salary. His relative Alamgir is the contact man of the said agency. Then he along with Bhakti Samanta,Musharaf met with said Alamgir residing temporarily at Babupara,Ajamgachi,Bagnan Dist-Howrah.
He could know that said Alamgir is a Bangladeshi national and offered him the job of Security agency of Banladesh and asked him to go to Bangladesh with him, but Arabinda denied the same as he does not have any passport or visa rather he asked Alamgir to made request to the representatives of the said agency to come to India.
Alamgir confirmed him after few days that two representatives of the said agency is likely to come at Bongaon Railway Station in the month of December 2007 for recruitment. As per schedule Arabind , Bhakti Samant and Alamgir went to Bongaon railway station in the last week of Dec.2007 and met with the two representatives of Bangladesh Security Agency at the ticket counter of Bongaon Rail way Station at the plat form no 1 at about 11.30 hrs.
The said two representatives introduced themselves as Shamim Akhtar aged about 47 years and Mir aged about 38 years respectively. Both of them are resident of Gulshanbag
/Bangladesh. They stated that the task of this Bangladesh Security Agency is to collect secret official codes, photograph of the various camps of Indian Army and B.S F located in the north-eastern zone. They also showed them some documents of Indian Army, B.S.F and some compact disks.
In the last week of this month Alamgir approached him giving confirmation that on 15.01.08 at 20.00 hrs the said two representatives would meet them at suitable places of Shibpur area/ Howrah. The informant could know that one B.S.F personnel is also involved with them.
Accordingly the information was brought to the knowledge of the superior officers and the information was noted in CID Control room General diary vide GDE no 157 dtd 15.01.08 and a team of CID officers under supervision Sri Swapan Sarkar ,Dy SP SOG CID WB left for Shibpur area to work out the information along with the informant Arbinda Biswas.
Being led by informant (Arbinda Biswas) the team reached at Shalimar 5 no workshop near railway water tank by the side of river Ganga under Shivpur P.S Dist –Howarah and as identified by him, two persons were apprehended from there at about 21.45 hrs on 15.01.08 who disclosed their identity as
(1) Shamim Akhtar (47) S/o Md Siddque Akhtar of Sec 12 block ,D lane –15 house –18 Mirpur ,Pallavi P.S-Mirpur Dist-Dhaka /Bangladesh
(2) Alamgir @ Sk Alam Abdul Malik (48) S/o-Late Abdul Malik of vill-Bakhtarpur P.o- Birdibazar P.S-Daganbhuiya Dist-Feni /Bangladesh and they admitted that they are citizens of Bangladesh. Further on interrogation they failed to give any satisfactory account and documents in support of their arrival at this area. On search of the both persons the following articles were recovered and seized. Further being interrogated both the accused admitted that they are the citizen of Bangladesh, entered into India illegally to collect the secret official information in regard Indian Army and also to carry out subversive act in India on behalf of militant outfit I.S.I.
(a) One small telephone directory of Sk Alam Abdul Malik having telephone no Bangladesh, Pakisthan and India.
(b) One paper having details description of different army bases of north east India
(c) One paper having naming of Mr Tayyab of Karachi with e-mail Id no
(d) One small pcs of paper with telephone nos of Belal of Bangladesh (d) One business card of Hadi Fashion of Feni Bangladesh
(e) Nine sheets of colour photograph of different army base camps of India
(f) Photocopy of confidential documents of Army Head Quarters ,New Delhi
(g) One black and Silver colour Motorola mobile no 9874332350
(h) Some photocopy of different army of North –East India
(i) Some photocopy of confidential documents of Indian Army
(j) One Sony Compact disk having videograph of Indian Army base
(k) One moser bear compact disk having videography of Fidayen attack and speeches
(l) One map of North –east India
(m) One black Motorola mobile phone with Bangladesh sim
(n) Three other Bangladesh sim
(o) Two pcs of explosives substances wrapped by brown and cellephone paper.
The articles vide sl no (a) to (g) were seized from the possession of Alamgir @ Sk Alam Abdul Malik and rest were seized from accused Shamim Akhtar.
12. Conviction:-In 2007 (till October) altogether charge sheet in 86 cases were submitted and Islampur PS Case No.211 dt.11/10/91 u/s 468/471/458/459 IPC and 69 Indian Stamps Act,1899 which was ended in charge sheet finally resulting in the conviction of both the accused Sudhir Saha and Milan Saha for RI of 2(two) years with fine of Rs.2,000/- each by the Ld.J.M. Islampur, Uttar Dinajpur on June, 2007.
13. MPB File No. 54-2008/1A/F (10) dt. 15-02-2008
On 11-02-2008 Arpita Dhar (19 years) D/o Adhir Dhar of Kanchrapara, 42, Ghatak Road, PS - Bizpur, Dist - North 24-Parganas went out at 11:00 hrs. for unknown business, but she did not return. Accordingly Bizpur PS GDE No. 745 / 08 dt. 12-02-2008 was lodged and gurdians came to MPB CID for assistance to trace out the missing lady, hence the side noted file has been opened
After details examination as to nature movement out look present involvement, hobby etc. from the parents it was learnt that Arpita Dhar might have gone to Bangalore with some adult female. Subsequently, MPB CID issued a letter recognization of relatives and address to Bangalore Police for assistance as the gurdians wanted to go Bangalore to search her. Finally Arpita was recovered on 19/02/08 and returned to her house.
14. MPB File No. 54-2008/1/F (07) dt. 15-02-2008
One Sanchari Bhattacherjee (16 years) D/o Chiraranjan Bhattacherjee 226 Bidhan Pally Garia, PS - Regent Park Dist - South 24-Parganas, got acquainted one Simanta Sarkar of Dum Dum through internet chatting. On 11-02-08 from 15:30 onwards Sanchari was missing while coming back from coaching class both did not to their respective house. This refers to Jadavpur PS GDE No. 1656 dt. 12-02-2008. Accordingly MPB CID side noted file has been opened.
During enquiry the mobile phones were tracked and signal indicated Puri as originating point. Accordingly the matter was persuated through CID, West Bengal and exact location was informed by MPB to guardian of Sanchari over phone. This helped guardians of both the missing to recover on 13/02/2008.
15. MPB File No. 54-2008/1A/F (11) dt. 12-02-2008
One missing girl Sayani Chakraborty D/o Subhankar Chakraborty of Airport Gate No. 2.5 PS - Air Port, Dist - North 24-Parganas found friend through Internet Chatting and on 10-02-08 she left the house to meet that South Indian Chap at Hyadrabad. She went alone by availing Hyadrabad bound Train From Howrah. On 11-02-08 Air Port PS GDE No 545 dt. 11-02-08 was lodged accordingly and MPB File was opened to track the matter.
Mobile Phone of Sanchari was taken under scan and the signal found to have originated at Jubilihil Hyadrabad continuous persuacence from West Bengal over mobile phone to the guardian who went to Hydrabad as per our suggestion finally missing girl was recovered on 13/02/2008 and taken to her at Kolkata guardian.
16. MPB File No. 54-2008/1/F (1) dt. 02-01-2008
Sajia Hossain (19 years) D/o Lt. Md. Hossain 17 No. Nazu Ostagar Lane PS - Behala, Dist - South 24-Parganas of Behala was found missing from 27-12-2007 at 15:00 hrs. the matter was diarised at Behala PS vide GDE No. 3195 dt. 27-12-2007 and subsequently a file was opened at MPB CID under reference.
During enquiry Samim Begum mother of missing girl was minutely examined and extrovert nature of both the daughters Sajia and Nadia came to light. Nadia married a Hindu boy Sanjib Yadav. One Bittu Banerjee who used to visit frequently Samim Begum's house took opportunity due to lack of stickiness of Samim Begum. Finally Bittu Banerjee a drug addicted allured Sajia with the exposer of extra vacant lives of life. Sandip and Nadia has been pressarised by the MPB CID as they have intention to grave money due to Lt. Md. hossain a Ex- Govt. employee father of missing girl. Sandip being presarised compeled Bittu and his mother to release Sajia from their Chetla House against the will of Sajia. Thus Sajia could be recovered up and she came back to her house Behala. Sajia was handed over to her mother through CID, MPB on 26/02/08.
17. MPB File No. 54-2008/1A/M (25) dt. 25-02-2008
Debayan Shil of 14 Yrs.S/o Ashim Shil.
Debayan Shil (14 years) S/o Ashim Shil of Bidhan Pally, PO - Madhyamgram, PS - Barasat, North 24-Pgs, who is solvent person left the house on 23-02-2008 at 09:45 Hrs. After that he did not returned to his house. Accordingly Madhyamgram I/C GDE No. 1103 dt. 23-02-2008 was lodged supported by a file of MPB CID as noted in the said Column.
During enquiry the disappearance of Debayan along with one Sovik Bondopadhyay evinced. Mobile phone of Debayan was scaned and signal indicated their presence at Siliguri. Gurdian of both the boys as per our suggestion went to Siliguri and take their location from the Mobile Phone of Debayan and was ventilated by MPB CID. Finally both the boys were recovered from Bidhan Market Siliguri on 26/02/2008.
18. MPB File No. 54-2008/1A/M (24) dt. 25-02-2008
Souvik Bondopadhyay of 14 Yrs. S/o Sanat Bondopadhyay of South Biresh pally, PO - Madhyamgram PS - Barasat, Dist - North 24-Pgs.
Souvik Bondopadhyay S/o Sanat Bondapadhyay who is Lawyear left the house on 23-02-2008 at 09:45 Hrs. along with Debayan. After that he did not returned to his house. Accordingly Madhyamgram I/C GDE No. 1102 dt. 23-02-2008 was lodged supported by a file of MPB CID as noted in the said Column.
During enquiry the disappearance of Debayan along with one Sovik Bondopadhyay evinced. Mobile phone of Debayan was scaned and signal indicated their presence at Siliguri. Guardian of both the boys as per our suggestions went to Siliguri and take their location from the Mobile Phone of Debayan and was ventilated by MPB CID. Finally both the boys were recovered from Bidhan Market Siliguri on 26/02/2008.
19. MPB File No. 54-2008/11M (1) dt. 08-02-2008
One Atul Mondal aged about 12 Yrs. S/o Dasarath Mondal of Vill - Bhutni, PS - Manicj Chak Dist – Malda missing on 08/08/2007 and was rescued by one Sanjib and others and taken to their house on their way to Jhanshi from Kolkata. The distressed boy was handered with proper care and selter. This matter was brought to notice to CID, MPB and the side noted file was opened.
Accordingly MPB CID took initiative by getting some information about the probable parents of the missing boy Atul and requested to DDI Malda to search the parents of boy by sending his photograph to DDI by a special messenger. Finally the parents of Atul could be traced and Atul was returned to his parents on 12/02/2008.
20. On 27.02.2008 between 07:50 and 10:50 hrs in working out a source information DDI Nadia alongwith SI A Ash and SI N K Ghosh , ASI A Mondal and force held a raid with help of Chakdah PS Police at Sanyalchar under PS Chakdah against narco articles and searched the business place cum residence of Lalu Biswas and Subhomoy Biswas and seized 146 Kgs and 900 grams of Cannabis ( Ganja) valued Rs. 300000/- (Approx). Accused Subhomoy Biswas (28) s/o Baidyanath Biswas of Malopara, Sanyalchar, PS-Chakdah , District-Nadia could be arrested. SI Anil Kumar Ash of Nadia DD has been endorsed to investigate the case. This reference Chakdah PS Case No. 104 dated 27.02.2008 u/s 20(b) NDPS Act of 1985.
21. On 05.02.08 after getting an information from the father of the V.G Nike Sharma and subsequently as per order of Spl I.G (Spl.) a team of POWC, CID WB comprising Inspector Sri Partha Sarathi Dey , Sub- Inspector Joybroto Ganguly , Lady Sub-Inspector Smt Anjana Bhowmik along with other police personnel of CID WB and concern PS left for village Balbantsagar under PS Bishamburpur, Dist. Gopalgunge , Bihar and rescued the V.G on 8.2.08 . They also arrested two FIR named accused (Sl no1 & 2) from Balbantsagar on the same date.
The V.G was found along with accused Parul and Jyothsna in the house of one Basist Kosua who reportedly married Jyothsna. After reaching at Bishimburpore PS, O.C Bishamburpore was briefed and with in a span of an hour the raid and rescue operation was conducted.
Name of the V.G in C/W Purba Jadavpur PS case No. 10 dt. 5.2.08 u/s 363/365/366A IPC
- Nike Sarma (15) d/o Pariag Sarma of 11/3 Lake East 6th Road, near Santoshpur Jora Bridge PS: Purba Jadavpu.24 Pgs( S).
Name of the Accused:
- Putul Raut (20) w/o Raju Haldar d/o Lt. Baiju Raut of 18/2 Kalikapur , Sardarpara PS: Purba Jadavpur.
- Jyothsna Banerjee nee Kusua( 19) w/ Basist Kusua d/o Lt. Samir Banerjee of Kalikapur Sardarpara , PS: Purba Jadavpur.
- Saqmir Rout (22) s/o Baiju Raut of 18/2 Ksalikapur Sardarpara PS: Do.
Sl. No. 3 was arrested on 5.2.08 and remanded up to 12.2.08 and Sl. 1 & 2 was arrested on 8.2.08 and remanded upto 15.2.08.
Arrangement has already been made for deposition of V.G u/s 164 Cr.P.C and is fixed on 12.2.08.
The minor V.G and two arrested accused has been produced before Alipore court by IO SI Tara Sanka Pal of Purba Jadavpur PS .
The entire raid was planned in a meticulous manner under the direct supervision of Spl IG( Spl) CID WB , DS( Spl) CID WB taking only a mobile phone number as a guiding star to trace out the V.G and accused at a remote village in Bihar , 200 Km from Patna city. Due to safety and security reason, the team had to travel more that 1800 Km, non stop in 3(three) days by road on their to and fro journey from Kolkata. This would not have been possible with out superb mental and physical fitness of driver of the vehicle.
The V.G was lured in the pretext of better job and hefty earnings and had landed to a village Balbantsagar under bordering district of Nepal and UP. There the V.G used to dance with background music which sometimes gone beyond the dignity and chastity of an women. This is also confirmed that some of the owner of such musical group used to exploit these dancing girls by various means.
The V.G was a female dancer in “ Muskan Musical Group” who used to perform in marriage ceremony and other occasion in lieu of money . but no such complaint of any sexual exploitation in this case, has been reported by the V.G whatsoever.
22. 5/2/08 u/s 17C/18B/25 NDPS ActsTehatta PS c/no 34 dt
Inspector Sri Manik Banerjee & Inspector PS Dey along with SI K Sanyal and SI Saibal Dutta and SI Ajoy Karmakar and others of Narcotic Cell CID West Bengal held raid on a secret source information on 5/2/08 at Sati Khali under PS Tehatta Dist- Nadia and arrested one accd Khagen Mondal (49) s/o Lt Anil Mondal of Sati Khali Uttarpara PS Tehattaq and recovered and seized 5 Kg 750 Grams Opium from his possession .
23. Kaliganj PS c/no 28 dt 8/2/08 u/s 21© NDPS Act
Inspector Sri Manik Banerjee SI TK Sanyal SI Saibal Dutta and others of Narcotic Cell CID West Bengal held raid on 8/2/08 on the basis of a secret source information at Barachand ghar and Dhuptala pur area under PS Kaliganj and arrested one accd Sherful Mondal (26) s/o Md. Mainuddin of Kulgachi paschimpara PS Tehatta and recovered 775 Gram Heroin and one M/cycle.
24. Tarakeswar PS c/no 13/08 dt 12/2/08 u/s 21 © NDPS Act /29 NDPS Act.
Inspector Sri Manik Banerjee along with SI Kalyan Banerjee Si TK Sanyal SI Ajoy Karmakar and others of Narcotic Cell CID West Bengal held raid on 12/2/08 on the basis of a secret information at Superlodge Hotel Room No-108, under Tarakeswar PS Dist-Hooghly and arrested 1) Sk Santu (35) s/o Sk Borhan of Padmapukur, PS Tarakeswar , Hooghly 2) Krishna Murty Chowbey (40) s/o Lt Paresh Nath Chowbey of Natun Gram PS Tarakeswar Hooghly 3) Lal Mohan Patra (46) s/o Joydeb Patra of Harinkhola PS Arambagh and recovered 625 Grams Heroin , Rs.1,24,000/- and three Mobile Sets (of Nokia) and one H/Honda Splender M/Cycle WB16W7992.
25. Bhabanipur PS c/no 122 dt 21/12/07 u/s 395/397 IPC
Based on requestion by Bhabanipur PS Dist-East Midnapur, Inspector Sri Swapan Halder, SI Aniruddha Chatterjee SI Krishnendu Ghosh and SI Jagabandhu Ghosh and ASI Ujjal Chatterjee and forces of DRBT Cell, CID West Bengal held raid on 1/2/08 and arrested one Santosh Singh s/o Baleswar Singh of Siwan, Basantpur PS Basantpur PO-Separa , Bihar at present of c/o United Cargo Mobile, Kundu Kanta Bally Halt, PS Bally Howrah 2) Sk Ajahar @ Habu s/o Sk Abbas Ali of Digha Shibpur Uttar Pally PS Bhabanipur 3) Sk Raju @ Nepali Raju s/o Lt Sk Mahammad of Ranichak PS Haldia who are involved in dacoity case occurred at Emami Biotech Ltd. under Bhabanipur PS. They also arrested one receiver of stolen property Sri Santosh Kr Show @ Santosh Jaiswal s/o Lt Gappu Ram Show of 13/ 1 Asu Bose Lane, PS & Dist – Howrah on 14/2/08. They were also wanted in several cases of Bhabanipur, Haldia, Durgachak, Asokenager areas as example Bhabanipur PS c/no 3/08 dt 5/1/08 u/s 395/397 IPC. Dist Police recovered i) Two Metering Pumps, ii) Sight Glass (15 pcs) along with S S Flange – 42 Pcs iii) Aluminum Coil (2 bundles) in c/w Bhabanipur PS c/no 122 dt 21/1/07 u/s 395/397 IPC.and also seized 6 pcs computer sets, 172 bags plastic granules as suspicious and PVC Optic fibres 150 pcs (suspicious ) and 38 bags peas in c/w Durgachak PS c/no 103 dt 16/12/07 u/s 380 IPC and other cases.
26. Barasat PS c/no 116 dt 18/2/08 u/s 394 IPC.
SI Krishnendu Ghosh of DRBT Cell CID, WB arrested on 22/2/08 notorious criminals viz. Provat Singh @ Sonu , Akhil Roy and Rajib Chakraborty of Barasat area in c/w above noted case and recovered stolen 9 Sets mobile phone and Rs. 10,000/- from their possessions.
27. Chinsurah PS c/no 5 dt 4/1/08 u/s 302/201 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act.
On the basis of secret source information SI Aniruddha Chatterjee and others of DRBT Cell arrested one notorious criminal Bapi @ Arghya Mukherjee s/o Nitish Mukherjee of Barabagan Lane Srirampur Dist Hooghly on 25/2/08 in c/w above noted case
28. Monteswar PS c/no 09 dated 05/02/08 u/s 392 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act.
SI Atish Chatterjee and SI Sougata Ghosh of MTS and SI Krishnendu Ghosh of DRBT arrested 2 veteran criminals (extortionists dacoit cum murdered) i) Sk Lal @ Motleb s/o Jamshed of Natun Gram PO- Naidai PS Kalna Dist Burdwan and ii) Sk Jhantu s/o Pancha Sk, Samudragarh, Nimtala PS-Purbasthali Dist – do on 28/2/08 both had warrants in 8 cases and recently wanted in a petrol pump dacoity case at Manteshwar area.
29. Barasat PS c/no 134 dt 24/2/08 u/s 121/121A/122/123/124A/120B IPC & 25/27 Arms Act.
On 23/2/08 at 14:05 hrs during raid at Netaji Subash Road, Hridaypur, PS Barasat, Police arrested one Somen @ Bidhan @ Bachchu @ Himadri Sen Roy (52) s/o Himendra Sen Roy of 1 No Surya Sen Nagar, PS Khardah, District North 24-Parganas and others who were attemption to wage were against the govt of India with collecting illegal arms and ammunition and also intent to waging were with conspiracy and seized 4 pcs of detonation, 2 pcs of live ammunition, Cash Rs. 14,000/- and some documents relating to CPI(ML) Maoist from his possession.
30. On 25.03.2008 in pursuance of a secret source information, Inspector Manik Kumar Banerjee, SI Kalyan Banerjee, SI Tirthankar Sanyal and forces of Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal held a raid at Mirgahar under PS Monteswar, District – Burdwan and arrested one Matabbar Sk ( 43) s/o Lt Gilla Rahaman of Mirgahar, PS-Monteswar District-Burdwan and seized 15 kgs Ganja . This refers to Monteswar PS Case No. 31 dated 25.03.2008 u/s 20(b)(ii)(B)/25 NDPS Act.
31. On 11.08.2004 some unknown miscreants committed dacoity at Panchkhuri Branch of Central Bank of India and looted Rs. 5,78,430/- and about 650 bank drafts. Later on they used 78 stolen drafts till date and purchased several vehicles and other goods from different states of India. Over this incidence Kotwali PS ( West Midnapore) Case No. 220 dated 11.08.2004 u/s 395 IPC was started. A team of officers was formed from CID Head Quarter at Bhabani Bhaban for rendering assistance to Kharagpur DD for the investigation of the said case and on 12.03.2008 SI Krishnendu Ghosh of DRBT Cell, SI Atish Chatterjee and SI Sougata Ghosh of MTS Section left for Jharkhand in connection with this case and they were succeed to arrest one of the miscreantsNamely Dhiraj Jalan s/o Shyam Jalan of Babulal Bhaban, Harmu Road, PO-Sahid Chak, PS-Sukhdeoganj, District –Ranchi, Jharkhand from his house on 20.03.2008 who confessed his guilt indicating himself and also disclosed the names of co-accused persons. He was also identified.
32. On 20.03.08 acting on a specific tip off regarding trafficking of minor girls for commercial sexual exploitation, Insp. Shri Kamal Chowdhury of Anti Human Trafficking Unit of CID WB with a team of officers and men and the lady officers of CID assisted by 2 NGO members had been to Ramnagar and with the assistance of Ramnagar PS staff intercepted one vehicle, Tata Sumo having Registration No WB02N/3949 at 21.45 hrs. That vehicle was proceeding towards Digha. In the vehicle there were five minor girls, two male persons and one female and the driver was found present. On question all the five minor girls disclosed their identity as :-
1. Rita Chowdhury @ Firdan D/o Lt. Sahid chowdhury
2. Priyanka Chowdhury d/o Kamal Chowdhury
3. Sikha Chowdhury (17) d/o Bachchu Mian
4. Sonia Aktar (19) d/o Abdul Kalam
5. Puja Chowdhury (22) w/o Anwar
all are Bangladeshi National and stated that they were procured by the male members and the lady from their native place in Bangladesh and they forcibly compelled them into commercial sexual exploitation against their will and may be sold out in lieu of money against their will. The entire thing was happened without the knowledge of their parent. On the above ground, Dy. SP (Spl.) CID, Shri Deb Narayan Basu lodged suo-moto complaint and on the basis of which Ramnagar PS Case No 37 dt.20.03.08 u/s 363/366A/366B/372 IPC read with 4/5/9 ITPA had been started against three male traffickers including the driver of the vehicle namely :-
1. Padip Jha s/o Krishna Kanta Jha of of 67 B Netaji Subash Rd. Kol- 1 PS Battala.
2. Kalu @ Ajay Kr. Singh (24) s/o Kalu Singh of 9 Nilmoni Mitra St. Kol- 6 PS Battala.
3. Ganesh Ch. Dhar (35) s/o Lt. Arun Ch. Dhar.of 51/52 Lock Gate Rd., Kol-2, PS Chitpur
4. and one female (Pimp) namely Payel Chowdhury (25) w/o Pradeep Kr. Jha of 6A Rabi Sankar Lane of PS Battala.
All the four persons had been arrested and the victim girls were recovered. Insp.Shri Kamal Chowdhry OC AHTU , CID,WB is investigating the case.
In this case the following articles were seized also :-
- One Tata Sumo bearing the registration No. WB 02N/3949 along with necessary documents
- 3 cell phones
- six cassette or disk seemed to be cassette of Blue film
- 3 Bags containing the wearing appeals and cosmetics.
- one bottle of wine (vodka), brand- Majic Moments.
- Two stripes of MALA-D and ECROZ (contraceptive pills ) .
33. Ref: Shibpur P.S. case no 86 dated 17/03/2008 U/S 363/364A/34 IPC
One Sharad Kumar Buchasia S/o Lt Matrumal Buchasia of Ideal Apartment ,Block-A,Flat-3F at 152,Raja Rajendralal Road Kol-10 P.S- Beleghata lodged a written complaint to the effect that his elder brother Sreeram Buchasia of Ganges Garden, 106 Kishan Chandra Singha Road, Block-A2, Flat-3rd Floor, P.S. Shibpur, Howrah-711102 left his home on 08/03/2008 at 06:30 P.M. Later, on the next day evening his relatives received a ransom call of Rs 1.5 crore from unknown persons demanding that Sreeram Buchasia is in their custody, since then he did not return to his home. In this connection the above noted case under reference has been started.
The control of the case has been assumed by CID WB on 18.03.08 .During investigation, post kidnapping ransom threatening of the accused persons to the family members of the victim person and inter conversation of the accused persons made it evident that accused Shadab Siddique is the mastermind of this kidnapping and Khalid Khan is one of his associates’ .Having smell of their arrest the other associates absconded from the locality. A racket of organized kidnappers of Asansol, Dhanbad Mumbai is involved into this crime. The victim was released by the accused persons on obtaining ransom money of Rs 40 lakhs. CID officers arrested (1) Sahdab @ Sahadab Siddique @ Aman (25) S/o Sajjad Siddique of Q-18 Akhra road Kol-24 PS-Metiaburuz Dist- South (24) Pgs (2) Khalid Khan (21) S/o Ali Hassan Khan of room no-1,Romeo Co-operative Society near Dalvi House,Ambad Link road P.O- Ambad P.S- Satpur Dist-Nasik Maharastra.
The accused persons admitted their guilt implicating themselves and the other associates and made it crystal clear about the modus operandi adopted in this crime as well as mobile phone technique used for making ransom threatening calls. They stated that they will show the place from where the victim person was kidnapped and kept confined after kidnapping and lead to recover the vehicle used for kidnapping, mobile phone through which ransom call was made and rest amount of ransom money. Leading to their statement already a portion of ransom money Rs 23 lakhs was recovered and rest are yet to be recovered.
During P.C. period acting on the statement of the accd person Sahdab @ Sahadab Siddique @ Aman one Honda City car (MH-43A-9182) ,one Chvrolet car ( MH-04CE-5585), one red light used for VIP cars, some number plates of vehicle, mobiles, SIM cards and other incriminating articles could be recovered. Those cars were used during abduction of Sreram Buchasia and collection of ransom. Both the car have registration number of Maharastra and suspected as stolen, enquiry is going on in this connection.
During P.C. as lead by the accd person one improvised fire arms & ammunitions were recovered which was also used during abduction of Sreram Buchasia. As accd Sahdab @ Sahadab Siddique @ Aman has no valid licence for possession of such fire arms, a specific case vide Jagacha P.S.case no 65 dated 02/04/2008 U/S 25/27 Arms Act has been started in this connection, on the point of jurisdiction of recovery of the fire arms.
34. On 11.03.2008 Kumari Bindu Kumari Rajak ( 21 years) daughter of Dhanuk Rajak of Bivek Nagar, Simultala, PO-Shyamnagar, PS-Jagatddal, District-North 24 Pargana was reported missing by Shri Dhanuk Rajak from Howrah Railway Station vide Howrah GRPS GDE No. 886/08. On the basis of the complaint, CID MPB File No. 54-2008/16/F(1) Dated 14.03.2008 was initiated and SI Bhabatosh Mitra was endorsed with the matter for enquiry.
In course of enquiry SI Bhobotosh Mitra of Missing Person Bureau, CID, West Bengal contacted Kharagpur GRPS and collected necessary information from Kharagpur GRPS concern. Kharagpur GRPS informed that a lady of similar age and description was found at Kharagpur Platform No. 4 wherefrom she was rescued in injured condition and she was admitted to Kharagpur Sub-Divisional Hospital. Subsequently the informant and relatives of the missing lady was contacted and directed to Sub-Divisional Medical Officer, Kharagpur SD Hospital where she was admitted for the treatment. In this way the missing lady Kumari Bindu Kumari Rajak was rescued and handed over to her father without any complaint of offence against human body against receipt.
35. On 20-21/02/2008 a number of unknown miscreants committed dacoity in respect of gold ornaments and cash in the house of one Shri Bimal Das s/o Lt Parasuram Das of 7 No. Lenin Sarani , Kanchrapara, PS-Bizpur and during commission of dacoity in respect of gold ornaments and money and during commission of dacoity they killed Smt. Chandana Das w/o Sri Bimal Das ( the shop owner) at 7 No. Lenin Sarani , Kanchrapara, PS-Bizpur. Over this incidence Bizpur PS Case No. 32 dated 21/02/2008 u/s 396 IPC was started. On 10.04.2008 Officers and forces of Bizpur PS assisted by SI Krishnendu Ghosh of DRBT Section, CID West Bengal and SI Joy Roychowdhury of Special Operation Group of CID, West Bengal went to different areas of Uttar Pradesh viz. Lucknow, Bareli and Badaun in c/w above noted case. On 22/04/2008 the police team arrested one Sishu Pal s/o Lt Ram Lala of Dhanupura, PS-Kaderchak District-Badaun, Uttar Pradesh from Bijli Ghar beside Kakrala Road, PS- Alapur, District- Badaun, Uttar Pradesh and recovered the looted Samsung make Mobile ( vide- IMEI No. 354945010037594 and SIM No. 9836796847) of Sri Bimal Das. This led the detection of the case and district police apprehended 7 co-accused persons from Dashghara under PS Dhaniakhali, District-Hooghly and more stolen properties could be recovered.
36. On 18.04.2008 in pursuance of a secret source information, Inspector Shri Manik Kumar Banerjee , O/C Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal alongwith SI Kalyan Banerjee and SI Tirthankar Sanyal , SI Ajoy Karmakar and forces of Narcotic Cell held a raid on the Betai-Palashi Pitch Road near Chotto Naida Village under PS – Tehatta and arrested one Abu Sk ( 45 years) s/o Fajel Sk of Polsunda Purbapara, PS-Tehatta and recovered 825 grams Heroin ( approximate value 96 Lakhs as per International rate) from his possession. On the complaint of SI Tirthankar Sanyal , Tehatta PS Case No. 158 dated 18.04.2008 u/s 21 ( C ) NDPS Act was started and SI Kalyan Banerjee of Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal is investigating this case.
37. On 25.03.2008 in pursuance of a secret source information, Inspector Shri Manik Kumar Banerjee , O/C Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal alongwith SI Kalyan Banerjee and SI Tirthankar Sanyal and forces of Narcotic Cell held a raid in the house of one Matabbar Sk ( 49 years ) s/o Jilai Sk of Margahar, PS-Monteswar District-Burdwan and arrested him and recovered 15 Kg Ganja ( approximate value Rs. 40000/- ). On the complaint of Inspector Shri Manik Kumar Banerjee, Monteswar PS Case No. 31 dated 25.03.2008 u/s 20 ( b ) /25 NDPS Act was started and SI Kalyan Banerjee of Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal is investigating this case.
38. On 18.04.2008 Inspector Shri Ashraf Ali Molla, I/C Kharagpur Town PS received an information from a reliable source to the effect that there was a racket who were selling question papers of the forthcoming Joint Entrance Examination of West Bengal for the year 2008 conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for admission in different Engineering and Medical Colleges in West Bengal against huge amount of cash, taken from the willing candidates for the examination. In pursuance of above noted information one Arun Chowdhury s/o Prafulla Ranjan Chowdhury of Ranir Bazar PS Ghatal District-West Midnapore was arrested by him and some photocopies of the question papers for Physics , Chemistry and Biology were also recovered from the possession of said Arun Chowdhury. One Mihir Dandapat s/o Gobinda Dandapat of Konnagar, PS- Ghatal was arrested in this case. Later the investigation of the case was assumed by CID, West Bengal and Inspector Shri Purnashib Mukhopadhyay DDI Paschim Medinipur is investigating into the case. On 23.04.2008 at 15:20 hrs in pursuance of a secret source information one FIR named accused person Manas Patra (34) s/o Ajit Patra of E-7/1 Konnagar Abasan PS-Uttarpara , District-Hooghly was arrested by Inspector Shri Purnashib Mukhopadhyay, DDI West Midnapore DD, CID WB and Inspector Shri A S Pahari of Homicide Squad , CID WB and SI Sandip Ganguly of do and SI Nirendra Nath Bhattacharjee of West Midnapore DD and SI Anirudhha Chatterjee of DRBT Section, CID and others from the vicinity of Tikiapara Railway Station, Howrah. Said Manas Patra is an employee of Saraswati Press, Kolkata posted in the confidential proof -reading section of the press. To process the printing of JEE’2008 question papers, a proof reading of the question papers is required and the process to be carried out by the proof reading section before giving final print out. Manas Patra, being deployed in the proof reading section, had an easy access to all those confidential matters including question papers. Manas Patra hatched up a conspiracy with other accused persons to divulge the question papers to the prospective candidates for the Joint Entrance Examination 2008, against lump sum cash for their wrongful gain. This refers to Ghatal PS Case No. 40 dated 19.04.2008 u/s 420/409/381/462/120B/34 IPC. The accused person have been taken into police remand for unearthing the entire racket involved in this case.
39. On 24.04.2008 afternoon acting upon a secret source information regarding one kidnapped girl namely Ruma Khatoon (14) ( who has been reported to stay with perpetrator namely Alamgir Sk at a place near Dum Dum Airport ) from Batikamari, PS Domkal Murshidabad in c/w Domkal PS Case No. 125 dated 24.04.2008 u/s 363/366A/372 IPC , Inspector Shri Kamal Chowdhury O/C POWC Cell , CID, WB along with SI J Ganguly and other staffs of POWC Cell rushed to the said place under NSCBI Airport Police Station to work out the information. With local assistance from I/C NSCBI Airport PS, they were able to rescue the said minor girl Ruma Khatoon ( 14) d/o Abdul Hamid of Batikamari PS Domkal, District Murshidabad from Gate No. 6 of Dum Dum Airport. The notorious accused person Alamgir Sk s/o Abhajuddin Sk of Batikamari, PS Domkal Murshidabad was arrested. It was ascertained that he procured the said minor girl and kidnapped her with help of other associates with a plea to marry her and finally sell her for sexual abuse.
40. Tiljala PS Case No. 107 dated 02.04.2008 u/s 25(1B) (a)(b)/27 Arms Act.
On 02.04.08 at 11.05 hrs after receiving a credible information from source, that one Tapan Saha@ Tapu of Habra Dist-24 Pgs (north) an arms dealer who used to deal with ,carry and sale of illegal sophisticated automatic fire-arms and ammunition to different areas in 24 Parganas district ( both North and South )and also in Kolkata metropolitan city would come at noon near Mathpukur more under PS Tiljala Dist-south (24) pgs with a good quantity of illegal sophisticated automatic fire-arms and ammunitions for selling them to the prospective buyer party fixed earlier. On getting this information O/C Special Operation Group, CID WB, immediately informed it to superior officers and being permitted he along with SI Swarup Saha , SI Joy Roychowdhury ,SI Pallav Ganguly ,SI Suryadipa Bhattyachary ,ASI Timir Acharya ,W/CT-104 Ratan Bhowmick, C/2470 Gautam Bhattyacharya C/1135 Nil Kamal Mondal ,C/875 Manas Chakraborty all of SOG, CID, WB proceeded towards Mathpukur more under Tiljala PS Dist-South (24) Pgs .
At about 11.45 hrs they reached Parama Island crossing (under Tiljala PS) and proceeded towards Mathpukur more on foot along EM bye-pass road .
At about 11.55 hrs the officers of CID along with forces and also a source in disguise reached near Mathpukur More and noticed from some distance, as identified by the source that one person aged above 40 years having black complexion, stout built, was waiting on the western- side road of EM bye-pass, near traffic signal of Mathpukur More, under Tiljala PS, with a blue colour bag holding in his right hand. Immediately as per direction and instruction of O/C SOG, the accompanying officers and forces cordoned the Mathpukur more area and chased that person .Seeing us, the said person tried to flee away along EM bye Pass Mathpukur road and after a hot chase. O/C along with SI Swarup Saha , SI Suryadipta Bhattaycharya be able to apprehend the suspect with blue coloured bag on his shoulder. Meanwhile other officers and force reached at the spot. The officers disclosed their identity and the purpose of their visit at the place. Being interrogated, the suspect disclosed his name as Tapan Saha (42) @ Tapu S/o Lt Monoranjan Saha of Habra Mansapara,Natungram PS –Habra Dist-North (24) Pgs .Officers and forces also disclosed their identity .Being asked about the contents of the bag in his right hand , he refused to say anything and was not able to give any satisfactory account of his presence in that place. Some passers- by who thronged there, were called for conducting search of his person and bag carried in his right hand .On call the passers-by namely (1) Ganesh Das (27) S/o Lt Krishna Das of 93 Beltala road P.S-Ballyganj (2) Debasis Sarkar (32) S/o-Benu Sarkar of 87/104 Jyotish Roy Road P.S- Behala Dist-South(24) Pgs extended their co-operation and on search of the blue colored bag carried in his right hand in presence of them, the above arms ammunitions were recovered .On demand he failed to produce any documents or authority or any license on account of possessing of these illegal fire-arms and ammunitions. On further interrogation, he admitted that he was dealing in such business of illegal arms and ammunitions since last five-six years. He came there with these illegal arms and ammunitions for delivering the same to his buyer, as per previous arrangement.
The police seized the above noted illegal fire-arms and ammunitions from the possession of the accused Tapan Saha (42) @ Tapu S/o Lt Monoranjan Saha of Habra Mansapara, Natungram PS –Habra Dist-North (24) Pgs, under a proper seizure list .
Police arrested him after observing all formalities for violation of sec 25(1B) (a) (b)/27 Arms Act.
Under this fact and circumstances the abpve noted case was registered against the accused namely Tapan Saha (42) @ Tapu S/o Lt Monoranjan Saha of Habra Mansapara,Natungram PS –Habra Dist-North (24) Pgs for violation of arms acts and rules under section 25(1B) (a)(b)/27 Arms Act.
The following articles were seized from the arrested accused person.:
(1) One improvised revolver approx 11 inches in length including wooden butt having barrel, trigger, chamber, firing pin, trigger guard etc. in working condition.
(2) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 8 inches in length including wooden butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved automatic pistol, made in U.S.A only for army supply, 9mm , nine bullets, Automatic on barrel.
(3) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 7 inches in length including fiber butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved auto pistol, made in Italy only for army on barrel.
(4) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 6 inches in length including wooden butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved auto pistol, made in Italy only for army supply on barrel.
(5) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 7.5 inches in length including wooden butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved automatic pistol, made in Italy only for army supply on barrel.
(6) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 7.5 inches in length including fiber butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved automatic pistol, made in U.S.A only for army supply on barrel.
(7) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol (approx 7 inches in length) including wooden butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved “Auto Pistol, made in Italy STATE OF THE ITALY ARMS on barrel.”
(8) One improvised 9 mm automatic pistol approx 8.5 inches in length including fiber butt having magazine of ammunition, firing pin, barrel, trigger, trigger guard, magazine opener key, engraved “Automatic Pistol, made in U.S.A only for army supply on barrel.”
(9) Two pieces of ammunition magazines of 4.5 inchs length approx length and five pieces of ammunitions magazines 3.7 inches length approx. All magazines are in empty condition.
(10) Seven packets rimmed cartridges bullet of .315/8mm bore (live), each packet containing 10(ten) bullets total 70 rounds. On the box it is printed manufactured and packed by Ammunation factory, Khadki, Pune- 411003, MRP Rs. 438.00/-
(11) One box containing 19 (Nineteen) rounds .32 bore live ammunition.
(12) Two boxes of ammunition having 20 rounds .32 bore live ammunition in each box on which printed manufactured by Indian Ordinance Factories and 20 K.F .32 Pistol Cartridges,. Total 40 rds ammunition.
(13) One poly pouch containing four (4) numbers .38 bore live ammunition.
(14) One blue coloured bag having four packets with chain and handle styled as “Sports” made of synthetic canvas cloth.
41. On 30.03.2008 a consignment of pig iron valued about 6 lakhs of rupees was sent from TATA Metallics, Kharagpur to Durgapur by Lorry No. WB39-5223. The said consignment including the ttruck did not reach to the destination. On the complaint of Shri Jairam Rajpal, Kharagpur Local PS Case No. 83 dated 06.04.2008 u/s 420/406 IPC was started. On 25.04.2008 with the active help of O/C Railway & Highway Crime Cell, CID, West Bengal Inspector Shri A K Das Mahapatra and SI Sankar Chandra Das , a raid was conducted with investigating officer of the case at Durgapur and Raniganj of Burdwan District. The involved vehicle WB39-5223 has been recovered and seized. The owner of the truck Pradip Nayek (45 years) s/o Lt Gajanan Nayek of Kamalpur , Plot- Benachiti, Durgapur, Burdwan and one of his sons Bapan Nayek ( 22 years) were arrested alongwith driver of the said truck Rajendra Prasad (28) s/o Moniram Prasad of Amarai, Durgapur, Burdwan . The stolen goods are yet to be recovered. This case is being controlled by CID, West Bengal.
42. On 07.05.2006 Shri Sandip Guin of 70/8 V K Nagar PS New Township , District North 24 Pargana noticed that one truck bearing number WB23/1861 was parked beside the Highway ( NH-2) near his hotel located at 70/8 V K Nagar PS New Township. The dead body of the driver was found in the driver’s cabin with cut throat injury. Over that incident he lodged a complaint and accordingly New Township PS Case No. 51 dated 07.05.2006 u/s 302/201 was registered. During investigation it is transpired that 130 numbers of J K Tyres of different sizes, 130 numbers of tubes and flaps were being carried by the said lorry loaded from Calcutta for Asansol J K Tyres Godown. On 08.04.2008 Inspector Shri Sanjit Ranjan Ghosh, O/C Railway and Highway Crime Cell, CID, West Bengal and Burdwan District Police hold a raid in pursuance of a secret source information at Barelli , (Uttar Pradesh) and arrested 1) Bahadur Ali @ Selim ( 24 years ) s/o Babu Sha of village- Debrania, PS- Debrania, District-Bareli, Uttar Pradesh and 2) Md. Asraf (22) s/o Abdul Kayum of Baheri Mahalla, Sher Nagar, PS- Baheri, District-Bareli, Uttar Pradesh . Those persons were involved with case of tyre theft and they were also wanted in similar cases of tyre theft viz. 1. Bolpur PS Case No. 41 dated 04.03.2007 u/s 461/379/511 IPC and Burdwan PS Case No. 62 dated 12/02/2007 u/s 461/379 IPC. They were also involved in those cases.
43. On 30/04/2008, one Shri Anup Sarkar, s/o Lt Ashit Sarkar of 6/1, Bijoy Garh , Kolkata-700 032, called at MPB to lodge a missing information of his elder brother Amit Sarkar, who was missing since 21/04/2008. Accordingly MPB File No.-54-2008 (1) (M) 48 dated 30/04/2008 has been opened. The enquiry was endorsed to SI Subir Deb with direction to scan the message of recovered unidentified dead body and also to find similarity on the point of wearing apparels, age, description of the body. In course of search almost 75% similarity was found with the unknown recovered dead body vide Bandel GRPS UD Case No. 40/08 dated 25/04/2008. Subsequently Sri Anup Sarkar was requested to go to Bandel GRPS to have a look at the photograph of the dead unknown person maintained at Bandel GRPS. Sri Anup Sarkar went to Bandel GRPS and identified the dead body of his missing elder brother. I/C Bandel GRPS was requested over telephone to help Sri Anup Sarkar and he got all sorts of legal help. This is a good piece of work done by MPB, in identifying unknown deceased within a very short time and resulted in mental relief to the relatives of the deceased.
44. On 22-05-08 one Laxmirani Mondal (72 Yrs.) of Sarsuna, Behala on her way from Bahirgachi Gade, was reportedly missing. Accordingly MPB File No. 54-2008/ 2/ F (2) dt. 26-05-08 was opened on the basis of written information of her son, Ratan Mondal. Circulation of photograph, through Doordarshan and News Papers were made promptly by MPB, CID. On 04-06-2008. Lasmirani Mondal was identified on the basis of photograph published in Anandabazar Patrika by a neighbour of Laxmirani Mondal. She was then taken to Sarsuna house by the said neighbour. This is an act of promptness and good work by MPB CID with effective effort towards recovery.
On 09-05-08 from 12:00 hrs. onwards one Kumari Baisali Chowdhury (20 Yrs.) was reportedly missing from her house. On 12-05-08 Shri Shyamal Chowdhury, father of missing subject of 16, Srimantha Lane, PO-Barisha, PS – Thakurpukur Dist – South 24-Parganas lodged a written information at MPB, CID. Accordingly MPB CID File No. 54-2008/ 1/ F/ 22 dt. 12-05-2008 was opened. The missing subject was carrying a Mobile Phone ( 9836272815/ 9832226117) MPB CID official Subir Deb under instructions of Inspector Indrajit Mukherjee tracked those mobile phones and location has been pin pointed under Coke Oven PS area. A letter of acquaintance has been handed over addressing O/C, Cock Oven Durgapur to assist Shri Shymal Chowdhury in tracing her daughter. Finally O/C Coke Oven with the informant recovered the lady Baisali from a place under Borjora PS, Bankura.
45. As per order of Superior Officers and given requisition by Station House Officer of Hennur PS ( Bangalore City) , Officres of DRBT Cell , CID and othrs directly associated in c/w Hennur PS Case No. 204 dated 14.05.2008 u/s 381 IPC. On 24.05.2008 they arrested one Swapan Banerjee ( 57 years) s/o Govinda Banerjee of 4/14 Vivekananda Park, PS-Thakurpukur, Kol-63., husband of one of the prime accused persons Smt. Sukla Banerjee and also recovered a good portion of stolen ornaments, cash, garments etc. . Investigation and raid is still continuing in c/w the above case.
46. On 31.05.2008 officers of DRBT Cell arrested two veteran bank dacoits namely 1. Noor Islam Molla @ Hasa Nuro (42 years) s/o Lt Arshad Ali Mollah vill-Dakshin Bamnia, PS-Cossipore and 2. Santu Mollah ( 27 years) @ Sahajahan Mollah of Vill-Khariberia, PS-Minakha District-24 Parganas North and forwarded in c/w Sankrail PS Case No. 92 dated 31.03.2008 u/s 399 /402 IPC. Arrested Noor Islam Mollah @ Hasa Nuro has already committed eight bank dacoities and recently charge sheeted showing absconder in c/w Islampur PS Case No. 40 dated 18.04.2007 u/s 392 IPC read with 25/27 Arms Act, vide no. 135/07 dated 30.11.2007 ( Dacoity in Bangiya Gramin Bank, Heramppur) . Accused No. 2 Santu Mollah was arrested in several cases of North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas and East Midnapore. He was also arrested in c/w above noted bank dacoity case earlier.
47. Ref: Tehatta PS Case No. 231/08 dt. 11/06/08 u/s 21(c)/25/29/17(C)/18(b) NDPS Act.
On 11/06/08 Officers and forces of Narcotic Cell, CID, WB conducted raid in the house of Alam Mallick of village Choto Nalda while the manufacture of Heroin was going on with process. In this connection 700gms of Heroin, 30 ltrs. of Chemical Mixed Opium and some apparatus were seized. CID officers arrested one accused Hasibur Rahaman @ Babu s/o Golam Sk. of Baurulia Paschimpara, PS. Kaliganj, Nadia. In this regard the above case was started.
48. Ref: Tehatta PS Case No. 254/08 dt. 25/06/08 u/s 17(b)/18(c) NADPS Act.
On 25/06/08 at night Officers and forces of Narcotic Cell, CID, West Bengal conducted a raid in the house of one Enamul Hoque of Baruipara under PS Tehatta and arrested Enamul Hoque (28) S/o Jalauddin Sk. of Baruipara Uttarpara, PS Tehatta, Nadia and recovered 680gms of Opium from his house. In this regard the above case was started.
49. On 21-06-2008 one Kuhelika Jana (18 Yrs.) had eloped with her married uncle from Sonarpur, Dist – South 24-Parganas. Accordingly MPB File No. 54-2008/1/F (31) was opened. On the basis of information Input, O/C Digha PS was contacted and as per his assistance, the missing young lady was recovered from a village under Basudevpur PS, Dist – Baleswar, Orissa with the active co-operation and communication by MPB CID as well as Officer in Charge, Digha, PS. This is an outstanding work done by MPB, CID with strenuous effort and enthusiastic endevour.
50. As per order of Superior Officers and given requisition by Station House Officer of Hennur PS ( Bangalore City) , Officres of DRBT Cell , CID and others directly associated in c/w Hennur PS Case No. 204 dated 14.05.2008 u/s 381 IPC. On 24.05.2008 they arrested one Swapan Banerjee ( 57 years) s/o Govinda Banerjee of 4/14 Vivekananda Park, PS-Thakurpukur, Kol-63., husband of one of the prime accused persons Smt. Sukla Banerjee and also recovered a good portion of stolen ornaments, cash, garments etc. . Investigation and raid were continuing in c/w the above case. On 09/06/2008 Inspector Shri S.KHalder, O/C DRBT cell,CID,WB and SI Krishnendu Ghosh and forces of DRBT Cell also arrested one Gopal Mukherjee s/o Achinesh Mukherjee of Adarshapally, Amtala, Bishnupur, South -24 Pargana from Gotala, Amtala, PS Bishnupur, South 24 Pargna.
51. On 02/06/08 one truck no. WB-23A-7901 was loaded with misc. articles from Kolkata to deliver the same at Mumbai. On way with connivance of the driver and khalasi of the truck connived together and the entire goods were misappropriated and sold away. Later the case was taken up by CID,WB for investigation. During investigation of the case the stolen truck with entire stolen goods were recovered and 03 accused persons were arrested. This refers to Sakrail P.S. case no. 192/08 Dt. 02/06/08 u/s 406/407 IPC.
52. On 29/06/08 on the requisition of S.P. Bhagalpur, Bihar and as per order of Spl. I.G(Ops), CID, WB the officers and men of CID, WB held raid and arrested one veteran criminal Md. Fakhuruddin @ Feku Mia s/o Lt. Md. Mansur Mia of Hussainabad Mogalpura P.S. Mojaihidpur, Bhagalpur, Bihar in c/w Mojhaidpur P.S. case no. 139/04 u/s 399/402IPC and 25/26/35 Arms Act. Several others cases are also pending against him. The accd. was handed over to Bhagalpur Police after observing all court formalities.
53. Chatrishgarh police was succeed to arrest highly wanted accused Biswajit Nag s/o Haradhan Nag of Chandan Nagar Subhas Pally PS-Chandan Nagar and his wife Mamani Nag from Garia Main Road by the assistance of SI Swaroop Saha of Special Operation Group, CID West Bengal and other officers . They are wanted in c/w Khamtarai PS ( Chhatirshgarh) Case No. 220/08 dated 08/05/2008 u/s 364A/302 IPC. They evaded police arrest since long. The arrested accused persons were produced before Court and handed over to Chhatishgarh Police on transit remand. The police seized one mobile phone from the custody of Biswajit Nag which was used in the commission of crime. They kidnapped and murder one Rejauddin, an Engineer at Raipur.
54. On 20th June 2008, working under the instruction of Spl.IG, (Operations), CID, WB , over the requisition of Jharkhand Police, in c/w Ormanjhi PS- Case No. 59/08 dated 26/05/2008 u/s 395/412 IPC , SI Atish Chatterjee and WC-T 165 Swapan Dey both of MTS Section, CID WB, in coordination with Kolkata Police . raided and arrested one noted criminal Amit Singh @ Para Singh s/o Ram Avtar Singh @ Hitler Singh of Chhapra, Village-Ami, Thana-Dighwara, Chhapra, Bihar A/P Rachi Medical College & Hospita Staff Quarter, Bariatu, Ranchi, Jharkhand. from Hotel “Majestic International” located under new Market PS area , Kolkata. He is mainly an extortionist and sharp shooter operating mainly in Jharkhand State and may also commit heinous crimes in West Bengal. The accused was handed over to Jharkhand Police on the same day for Court Production.
55. On 14-06-08 one boy Argha Kamal Banerjee (17 Yrs.) S/o Rathin Banerjee was reportedly missing from his Milannagar home, Kanchrapara with Rs. 30,000/- cash. On 17-06-08 MPB File No. 54-2008/1A/M (78) was opened and as per secret source information the boy was was finally tracked at U.P East . This is a good tactical action taken by MPB, CID and continuous persuasion of MPB, CID yielded result.
56. On 23-06-2006 one school student named Akash Dep was reportedly missing from his house. Accordingly MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/1A/M (88) dt. 24-06-08 was opened. All informative actions according to Supreme Court guideline were taken. On 24-06-2006 as per secret information it came to learnt that the boy was staying at Nagpur. Accordingly, a recognition letter was issued by MPB, CID to get assistance from police counterpart of Nagpur to the father of the missing subject. Finally, the boy was recovered from Nagpur by the relatives of missing subject and returned by down Gitanjali Express on 25-06-08 morning. Officers and men of MPB CID took every initiatives and earnest efforts to trace out the boy. This is a good work done by MPB, CID.
57. On 16-11-2007 one Senjuti Dey (16 Yrs.) D/o Swapan Kr. Dey a Sub-Inspector of Kolkata Police eloped with Soham Roy Karmakar (17 Yrs.) s/o an U.D.C of Alipore Court from Rifle Club Road, Kolkata – 70. Accordingly two MPB Files bearing No. 53-2007/1/M (160) dt. 05-12-2007 for Soham Roy Karmakar and No. 53-2007/1/F (88) dt. 05-12-2007 for Senjuti Dey were opened. Finally both of them were rounded up on 27-06-2008 at Howrah Station on the basis of a tip off from the father of Senjuti Dey by Kolkata Police, on a simultaneous information input by MPB, CID, WB and MPS Lalbazar. The long continuous act by MPB, CID finally yielded result and recovery was done. This is a long pending missing matter and synchronous act of MPB, CID and MPS Lalbazar is praiseworthy.
58. Ref: Howrah GRPS Case No. 185/08 dt. 03/07/08 u/s 365/367/34 IPC & 5 I.T.P. Act.
In pursuance of a source information a raid was held jointly by POWC CID, West Bengal and Howrah DD on 02/07/08 at 23:45 hrs at Howrah Railway Station. 5 (Five) accused persons namely (1) Saswata Mukherjee s/o Shibnath of Choto Jaguria, PS Barasat, District North 24-Pgs (2) Aswani Sahat s/o Suraj of Bhanganagar, PS Berhampur District Gunjan, Orissa, (3) Bimal Sarkar s/o Narendra Nath of Bijoynagar, PS Barasat, (4) Sanjit Kr. Singh (5) Sikha Mondal d/o Ajit of Champadali, PS Barasat were arrested from Coach No. S-6, of 2839 UP Chennai Mail standing in Plat Form No. 23 of Howrah Railway Station for taking departure while this above noted accused were trafficking 3 (three) Girls (1) Nilima Ghosh (2) Payel Sarkar (3) Pratima Roy for commercial sexual exploitation. The case is under investigation by O/C, POWC Cell.
59. Ref : Naxalbari PS Case No. 157 dt 16/07/08 u/s 3/4/5/9 Official Secret Act read with section 120B IPC & 14 Foreigner Act.
On 16/07/08 a raid held by CID Siliguri under supervision of Dy.SP Siliguri CID, West Bengal at Marina Hotel Bagdogra and arrested one Pakistani National Abid Khan @ Samir Ahamed s/o Alabita Khan of Karu Post & PS Bhawalnagar, Punjab, (Pakistan) and seized one incriminating document and other articles regarding the Countries Defence Mechanism from his possession.
60. Ref: Kasba PS Case No. 187 dt 23/07/08 u/s 363/366A/372/120B IPC read with section 3/4/5/6/7/9 I.T.P. Act
On 23/07/08 acting on a specific tip off a team officers and men of CID, West Bengal organised a raid and rescue operation at 59J Bosepukur Road, Kolkata – 42, PS Kasba and arrested (1) Goutam Mazumder @ Amit (34) (2) Smt. Mona Mondal (32) (3) Dilip Kr. Kar (75) and rescued (1) Pinki Roy (16) (2) Sima Mondal (15) (3) Anna Sharma (15) as they were engaged in commercial sexual exploitation of the girls.
61. Ref: Raghunathganj PS Case No. 239 dt 29/07/08 u/s 489B/489C/121/121A/122/124/212 IPC.
On 29/07/08 acting upon information SOG team arrested one Md. Mustaque s/o Yusuf Ali of Gopalnagar, PS Raghunathganj (2) Md. Hasanuzzaman (24) @ Hasan Master s/o Lt Abdul Khair of Mahammadpur PS Raghunathganj and seized Laptop CDs, sims Rs. 5,000/- FICN, Leflets, Mobile Pen Drive, Bill Book of Jamiyate – Subbnul – Ahale – Hadis and Photographs of one Rajindar Singh from their houses which lead to belief that they are directly involved in harboring Pak Militants and conspiracy of waging were against Govt. of India with connivance of Rajindar Singh, circulation of FICN, Propaganda of Seditious speech etc.
62. Ref : Purba Jadavpur PS Case No. 60 dt 17/07/08 u/s 381 IPC.
The following accused persons (1) Naren Naskar (40) s/o Palan Naskar of Dharmarajtala PS Sainthia, Birbhum and of Joykrishnapur Post Bonhooghly PS Sonarpur district South 24-Pgs (2) Rita Naskar (26) w/o Sri Naren Naskar of do (3) Rakhi Kahar @ Rakhi Roy (40) s/o Lt Raju Kahar of Dharmarajtala PS Sainthia, Birbhum at present Udita Apartment Flat No. 703 PS Purba Jadavpur district South 24-Pgs (4) Pinki Kahar @ Pinki Roy (19) d/o Lt Raju Kahar of do (5) Haren Gayen @ Raju Roy (49) s/o Lt Ambbik Gayen of 44, Kali Prasanya Roy Lane, PS Regent Park, South 24-Pgs, Kolkata-33 were arrested on 29/07/08 in c/w the above noted case and gold diamonds Silver Ornaments worth Rs. 5,000,00/- and other valuable articles have been recovered from their possession.
63. Ref : Kaliganj PS c/no 186 dt 26/7/08 u/s 17(b)/18(c)/25 NDPS Act.
On 25/7/08 night a raid was held at Gobindapur Railgatepara, PS Kaliganj, dist Nadia and during search in the house of Paimuddin Sk s/o Lt Laksuddin Sk of Gobindapur Railgatepara and seized opium 2 Kg 300 gms was recovered.
64. Ref:- MPB File No. 54-2008/ 2/ F (5) dt. 21-07-08
This file has been opened on the basis of W.B. Women Commission D.O. No. 114 (C.D)/ W.C. – 2008 dt. 14-07-08 on the incident of missing of Aparna Mondal of Taherpur. Primarily, Sunil Mondal, father of the missing lady Aparna Mondal reported the matter in first instance to O/C Taherpur PS where a diary No. 453 dt. 14-06-08 was lodged. Subsequently, Sunil Mondal went to ROOT (Rural Oriented Organised Team) Palpara, Chakdah, Nadia. ROOT then referred the matter to W.B. Women Commission on 10-07-08. After receiving the information from Sunil Mondal, O/C Taherpur was requested by MPB, CID to peruse the involvement of Niva Hira and Ruksmini Hira. Accordingly, SI Pintu Sarkar O/C Taherpur PS instituted Taherpur PS case No. 160/08 dt. 21-07-08 u/s 363/ 366A/ 372 IPC against Niva Hira and Rukshmini Hira. After this, missing subject Aparna Mondal has been recovered by the relatives of accused Niva Hira and Rukshmina Hira. Aparna Mondal (17) eloped with Bapin @ Mithu Singh S/o Sandhya Singh and married her at Patna in Bihar. This is a good work done by MPB. This recovery is the resultant of lynx-eyed intuition with missionary zeal.
65. Ref:- MPB File No- 54-2008/6/M(28) Dated 28/07/2008.
One Sourav Sikdar @ Babai (17) s/o Samir Kumar Sikdar of Memari, Dist-Burdwan was reportedly missing since 26/07/2008. The matter of his disappearance was diarized at Memari PS vide Memari PS GDE No-1427 dt. 26/07/2008. All informative actions have been taken as regarding guideline of the Supreme Court of India. MPB CID showed verve and vigor and scrutinized all information of death of unknown/ identified dead body received at MPB CID and finally landed on feet in connecting the dead body description with missing subject. Thus, the missing boy’s dead body has been traced vide Ranaghat GRPS UD case no-61/2008 dated 26/07/2008 and connected to MPB CID, File No. 54-2008/ 6/ M (28) dt 28-07-08, in a case of impact with railway post while traveling on foot board of a running EMU coach between Ranaghat R/S and Pairadanga R/S. The perseverance and diligent act on the part of MPB CID is praiseworthy in tracing the missing subject.
66. Ref : MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/ 16/ M (10) dt. 15-07-08.
One John Darthanglur Dora (25) S/o H.A Dawngliana of siclmat C.C. Pur (P.S.), Monipur 795128 was reportedly missing from Khagraghat Rly. Station on his way from Dimapur to Howrah along with his friends traveling in 5960 DN Kamrup Express. This disappearance of John Darthanglur Dora was diarized at Howrah GRPS GDE No. 1076 dt. 14-07-08, subsequently the above referred missing file has been opened. All action have been taken following guidelines of the Supreme Court of India. MPB, CID pondered over the matter deeply and enquired at almost all the PSs along Murshidabad, Sahebgunj corridor, covering all GRPSs and finally traced the missing subject through an input of Shri Swapan Saha I/C Kandi PS. The missing subject was admitted to Kandi Hospital from Kandi Bus Stand where he was lying in semi conscious state on 15-07-08. This is a good work done by the MPB, CID through application of intelligent act.
67. On 30.08.2008 between 13:50 hrs and 14:00 hrs , acting on a tip off , a team of officers and forces of Special Operation Group, CID WB held raid at a place near Rubi Hospital infront of E.S.T.P. under PS Kasba and arrested two persons namely 1) Mokram Mondal s/o Hazrat Ali Mondal of Meherpur PS Gopal Nagar, North 24 Pargana, 2) Sunil Pramanik @ Sonu (53) s/o Nishapati Pramanik of Baranberia Badamtala, PS-Dhantala Nadia beside the house of Madhusudan Mondal . On search , the following articles were seized from their possession , total 500 pcs of FICN of denomination of Rs.100/- amounting Rs.50,000/-. This refers to Kasba PS Case No,. 271 dated 30/08/2008 u/s 489B/489C / 120B IPC
68. On 08-07-08 at about 15:00 hrs. one Debasree Das (17) D/o Nikhil Das was reportedly missing from her house. Accordingly Nandigram PS Case No. 197/08 dt. 13-07-08 u/s 368/ 365/ 109 IPC was started and at the same time MPB CID File No. 54-2008/ 7/ F (3) dt. 25-07-08 was opened. All action as per Hon’ble Supreme Court guide line was taken. As per direction of IGP – I CID enquiry was made. DDI Purba Medinipur was informed and one Santu Maity and Nantu Maity was closely interrogated. Lastly as per combined input of information from DDI Purba Medinipur and MPB, CID the missing girl was recovered at Johori More under Nandigram PS.
69. Jyoti Jaiswal (16) D/o Umesh Chandra Jaiswal of 368, Rajarhat Road, Rajarhat, Argopalpur 700059 was missing since 30-07-2008. Accordingly MPB CID File No. 54-2008/ 1A/ F (55) dt. 31-07-2008 was opened. Photograph of the missing subject was circulated through 24 concerns including Doordarshan, Newspaper, Howrah GRPS, Sealdah GRPS etc. On 05-08-08 the missing girl was traced at Sealdah Station and O/C Sealdah GRPS handed her over to NGO concern, styled a SIMI at 61, R.A.K. Road ( Prof. Bani Dutta) SIMI contacted with us and we in turn informed guardians of the missing subject. Thus the missing girl is recovered. It is a good work done by MPB, CID.
70. Working on source information, on 25/08/2008 SI Simul Sarkar, SI Ashim Mondal, ASI Prabirendra Bhattacharjee , W/C-946 Harendra Kumar Singh of Cheating and Fraud Section, CID,WB under leadership of Inspector Shri N.N.Bhattacharya held a raid at Rupnarayanpur under Salanpur PS, District Burdwan and recovered and seized one DBBL gun and 3 SBBC gun from the possession of 1) Bikash Chakraborty s/o Lt Ram Ramprasad Chakraborty of Gobindapur PS Pandabeswar, District-Burdwan 2) Santosh Kumar (29 years) s/o Sahadeb of Nabin Nagar PS + District-Katihar 3) Navin Kumar Mishra s/o Ramashish of Maheshi, PS Sultanganj , District-Bhagalpur, Bihar and 4) Prakash Chandra Ghosh s/o Rabindranath Ghosh of Kamala Kanta Kararya , PS-Misganj, District-Gopalganj, Bihar.
71. On 15.09.2008 in course of movement at Burdwan DD Zone at Burdwan PS area, on Durgapur Expressway with a view to combat and prevent crime against property on the eve of Durga Puja, DDI Burdwan DD along with officers and force found three persons came with one Yamaha Libero Motor Cycle without registration number . On suspicion they intercepted the motor byke and viewing police two of them managed to escape and one was apprehended. During interrogation he neither could provide any valid papers of the vehicle, nor driving licence. Even there was no number plate in the motor cycle. He disclosed his name as Ibrahim Ali (39 years) s/o Lt Manowar Ali of Sultanbad , PS-Raina, Burdwan . On search 2 cartridges of .303 ammunitions were recovered from his possession. This refers to Burdwan PS Case No. 475 dated 15.09.2008 u/s 25 (a)/27 Arms Act & 41 Cr.P.C. / 379/411 IPC
72. An information was received that two girls viz. (i) Sita Pramanik(15) daughter of Khagen Pramanick of Borai, PS- Mohanpur, Dist. Paschim Medinipore and (ii) Sujata Bhuiya (16) daughter of Dilip Bhuiya of Nayanjora, Purunda, PS – Belda, Dist – Paschim Medinipore are lodged in Balgram SOS, Village – Rai, District – Sonepat (Haryana). On receipt of this information a team of AHTU, West Bengal comprising of L.S.I. Swapna Ghosh and S.I. Joyabrata Ganguly went to Faridabad and took charge of the two girls and brought them back on 12.09.08. As per the guidelines given by the West Bengal Commission for Women these two girls were produced before the Commission and ultimately handed over to their parents. During the visit by the AHTU to Haryana, it could be learnt that these two girls were made to work in a house at Indraprastha Colony, Fadidabad. They used to be beaten up by the house inmates which led to starting of a specific case U/S.323/342/344/357 IPC and Section 23 of Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection) Act, 2000 against the two house inmates. Both of them were arrested and at present they are on Court bail. The trial has already been started and deposition of these two girls is already over.
73. On 25.09.2008 between 13:05 hrs to 13:55 hrs on the basis of credible source information, Inspector Shri Arunavo Mukherjee .Officer-in-Charge of SOG Section along with , SI Joy Roychowdhury , SI Sankar Das and WCT 63 Sanatan Chakraborty all of SOG Section,CID,WB, under direct supervision of Shri Swapan Sarkar , Dy.S.P. SoG, CID, West Bengal, arrested one Ajoy Singh (37) s/o Lt Raghunandan Singh of Vill + PO-Mathurapur PS + district-Khagaria, Bihar at Shalimar 5 No. Gate near Shalimar Railway Station under PS Shibpur, District-Howrah and recovered 19 ( Nineteen) numbers of improvised pipe gun in working condition from his possession. On the complaint of SI Sankar Chandra Das of Highway Crime Section of CID, West Bengal , Shibpur PS Case No. 380 dated 25.09.2008 u/s 25(IB)(a)/27 Arms Act was registered and the I.O. of the case is SI Joy Roychowdhury of SOG , CID,West Bengal.
74. . On 30.08.08 based on secret information , Inspector Shantanu Chakraborty of SOG along with SI Tathagata Pandey, SI – Pallab Kumar Ganguli, SI- Swarup Saha, C/2470 Gautam Bhattacharjee ,C/ Mahasin Ali Khan, C/Nilkamal Mondal, C/ Biswanath Dhul all of SOG CID WB,
arrested (1) Mokaram Mondal (40) S/O Hazarat Ali Mondal of village-Meherpur,P.O.-Media,P.S.-Gopalnagar, Dist-24 Pgns (N) ,(2)Sunil Pramanik @ Sonu(53)S/O Lt Nishapati Pramanik of vill-Baranberia,Batamtala ,P.S.-Dhantala ,Nadia from the bus stand near Ruby General Hospital under PS Kasba with recovery of the following seized articles:
1.Total 500 pcs FICNs of denomination Rs100 amounting Rs 50,000
2.Total 7 pcs FICNs of denomination Rs 1000 amounting to Rs 7,000
3.Total 9 pcs FICNs of denomination Rs 500 amounting to Rs 4500
4.One page of Bengali news paper “ Sambad Pratidin”
5.One polythene packets on which “Kailash Emporium” is written.
6.Total 27 pcs of FICN of denomination Rs 500 amounting to Rs 13500
7. One blue colour polythene packets on which “Land mark” is written
Sl no1 to Sl no5 were seized from the accused Mokaram Mondal and Sl no6 to sl no7 were seized from accused Sunil Pramanik @ Sonu as alamat of the case.
On the basis of the written complaint of SI Tathagata Pandey of SOG CID WB, Kasba PS case no 271/08 dated 30.08.08 u/s 489B/489C/120B IPC was stated (.)Sub-Inspector Salma Chakraborty CID, WB already taken its investigation she will be guided by Inspector M.A.Rashid as per order of superiors (.) Later on 12.09.2008 morning accused Zubeda Chitrakar @Jaba (38) W/o-Salam Mondal of Sahapara ,near Rail bazaar ,Bongaon PS- Bongaon Dist-(24) Pgs (n) .
Was arrested from her house and police seized 1. Total Rs 15,000 of FICN.[Rs 500 x 20 ] and [Rs 1000x5] from her possession. Later on 12.09.2008 acting on the statement of the arrested Zubeda Chitrakar @Jaba, Nikhil Sarkar @Nripen, Prasanta Sarkar @ Lal Were arrested and Police party recovered Rs 15000 FICN of denomination of Rs 500 each from Nikhil Sarkar Rs 20000 FICN of denomination of Rs 500 each from Prasanta Sarkar.
75. On 20/10/08 between 15:35 – 16:05 hrs a raid held by officers and men of CID, WB at the approach of Nibedita Setu near Traffic Stand under Bally PS and arrested one Mir Miraj @ Najur Islam (25) and Sk Samsuddin @ Bulu (26) and seized stolen truck No WB-15B/0680 from their possession. This refers to Bally PS c/no 298 dated 20/10/08 u/s 413/414/34 IPC.
76. On 06/10/2008 around 13:00 hrs a carcass of a sub adult male tiger was noticed by the forest staff of Dobanki Camp under Sajnekhali Wild Life Sanctuary Range of Sunderban Tiger Reserve at khonakhali River near Pirkhali-5 compartment. Deep penetrating wound was found on head and neck region and the cause of death might be due to neurological and hypovolimic shock. The injury may have been caused by an attempt of poaching by gun shot. This refers to Gosaba PS Case No. 183/08 dated 07.10.2008 u/s 9/44/27/48A/49A/29/51 Wild Life Protection Act, 1972 & 25/27 Arms Act. In course of investigation a raid was conducted on 18/19-10-2008 night at Kumirmari Island under the leadership of Shri. N.Chakraborty, Dy.S.P.( Head Quarter) , CID,West Bengal under kind supervision of Spl. Inspector General of Police, CID, West Bengal and could be able to arrest two poachers viz. 1) Paritosh Mondal (52 years) s/o Lt Haripada Mondal and 2) Abhijit Giri (22) s/o Panchanan Giri @ Pacha of Saratpara, kumirmari, PS-Gosaba , District- South 24 parganas and recovered and seized the following items from their possession .One improvised country made single barrel gun, ii) One improvised single shotter., iii) Five rounds live cartridges of 8 MM KF iv) Two rounds live cartridges of 7.62 , v) Two rounds fired cartridges, One bone suspected to be of a limb of a tiger.
77. On 20.10.2008 in between 15:45 hrs and 17:45 hrs acting upon a source information accused Smt. Sova Biswas was arrested by Officers and men of Anti Human Trafficking Unit of CID,West Bengal and one victim girl namely Saraswati Mondal @ Murmu @ Mahali aged about 16 years d/o Subhash Mondal @ Mahali was also rescued from the illegal custody of one Raju mahanto of Hilli area ( Dakshin Dinajpur) along with the abovenoted accused persons and others procured the victim girl on pretext to marry her and trafficked the said VG on 13.10.2008 from trimohini, PS-Hilli, Dakshin Dinajpur with a view to sell her for commercial sexual exploitation in lieu of huge money. The victim girl Saraswati Mondal @ Murmu @ Mahali was kept with accused Sova Biswas @ Soma by the above noted accused and others. Accused Sova tried to sell her for commercial sexual exploitation. During raid on 20.10.2008 the V.G. was rescued and accused Sova was arrested and one Nokia Mobile phone set was seized from the accused Sova. On the basis of the complaint of Inspector Smt. Dipali Basak the case was started and as per order of Superior Officer, Inspector Shri N.K. Sarkar took up the investigation of the case.
78. Acting on a source information, officers and men of Highway Crime Cell, jointly with Falta PS, recovered the entire stolen property i.e. 400 bags of plastic granules valued Rs.3,00,000/- on 17.10.2008 in c/w Falta PS Case No. 227 dated 30.09.2008 u/s 379 IPC . Four (04) persons have been arrested in this case . Efforts are being made to arrest the other accused persons.
79. On 11-10-2008 one Mohan Kumar Chowdhury @ Bacchu (55 Yrs.) was reportedly missing from Shyamnagar PS Jagaddal, Dist – 24-Pgs. (North). Accordingly Jagaddal PS Missing Diary No. 920 dt. 12-10-08 was lodged. Subsequently, MPB CID, File No. 54-2008/ 1A/ M (117) dt. 13-10-08 was opened. In course of enquiry the relatives of the missing subject received a phone call from Uttaranchal. In turn Sayantan Chowdhury S/o Mohan Kr. Chowdhury informed MPB, CID regarding the phone number which was received by him regarding his father’s disappearance/missing. MPB, CID tracked the phone number with the help of Spl. Control Room, CID, West Bengal and location established at Hardwar Rly. Station. MPB, CID then contacted Shri S. Singh, SHO, Hardwar GRPS and finally the missing subject was recovered on the platform of the said Rly. Station. SHO, Hardwar GRPS was also requested by MPB, CID to detain the missing subject at Hardwar GRPS till the relatives of missing subject reach Hardwar. Finally the missing subject was traced on 18-10-08 and taken back to his house. This is a good example of sincere efforts rendered by of MPB,CID in diligent manner.
80. On 10-10-08 one Mr. Sunil Kr. Bagchi (58 Yrs.) S/o Lt. Tarani Bagchi of 26/ H/1 Kshudiram Sarani, Konnagar, Hooghly went to Jodpur as a tourist as a member of the tourist party under the arrangement of a concern Styled as “Bharat Tirtha” by Jodpur express. But after reaching Jodpur Shri Sunil Bagchi was reportedly detached from the tourist team and became untraced. On the basis of the information, Uttarpara PS GDE No. 780 dt. 14-10-08 was lodged. MPB, CID was referred with the case for enquiry. MPB, CID made contact with Mr. Jitendra Singh SHO Ratan Nade PS Jodhpur (02912650856) on the basis of information input by the relative of the missing subject. MPB. CID also issued a letter of recognition to SHO, Ratan Nade PS, Jodhpur. Shri Snehangsu Bagchi was handed over the said letter and he went to Jodhpur by Flight. Local police at Jodhpur traced the missing subject with the help of Auto Rickshow Pullers on 16-10-08.The prompt action by MPB, CID with intelligent application of persuasive activity yielded result far at Jodhpur.
81. One Aditya Kothari (28 Yrs.) S/o Gojadhar Kothari was reportedly missing from the house. Over this issue of missing, Shibpur PS GDE No. 1373 dt. 22-10-08 was lodged. Later, MPB, CID opened File No. 54-2008/ 4/ M (54) dt. 24-10-08 . In course of enquiry relatives of missing subject received a phone call from an unknown person from Aurangabad, Maharastra, regarding missing subject. The phone number was tracked through Spl. Control Room, CID, West Bengal and location was traced near Aurangabad Bus Stand. O/C MPB then issued a recognition letter addressed to SHO Urban Police Station, Maharastra, and relatives of missing subject left for Aurangabad by next available quickest convenience. On 24-10-08 the missing subject was recovered from a temple adjacent to Urban Bus Stand, Aurangabad, the help of Local Police. This is a good piece of work done by MPB, CID by exerting all out effort in this matter.
82. Pinki Pandith W/o Chandra Sekhar Pandith of 124 Sree Ramkrishna Polly, PS – Belgharia was reportedly missing from 20-10-2008 with her 3 years old son. A general Diary No. 1079 dt. 20-10-2008 was lodged at Belgharia PS. Subsequently MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/ 1A/ F (62) dt. 22-10-08 was opened. During enquiry no stone was left unturned in tracking the missing lady. Finally she was traced at Gaya at the house of her elder sister applying trial and error method. The intelligent indicative approach by SI B. Mitra and continuous persuasion yielded the result.
83. On 18-10-08 one Kumar Sangita Baidya @ Tapu @ Tabu (17 Yrs.) D/o Shri Basudev Baidya was reportedly missing from her dwelling house on 18-10-08. The missing refers to Mograhat PS GDE No. 1018 dt. 20-10-08. Subsequently MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/ 1/ F (17) dt. 20-10-08 was opened. In course of enquiry it has been learnt from the guardian of the missing girl that the missing person was staying near Silversha Area of Dadar Nagar, Haveli under Rakholi Police Station, Phone No. 26602633004. This information was received over phone from an unknown person of Dadar Nagar Haveli. As such a letter of recognition was issued addressing SHO, Rakholi PS and handed over the same to Papia Baidya to facilitate recovery of the girl. Finally the girl has been recovered from Dadar Nagar Haveli on 05-11-08. This is a good work of persuasions by MPB, CID with ultimate endeavor.
84. On 12.11.2008 at 14:05 hrs based on secret information the officers of SOG,CID,West Bengal arrested accused Sanjoy Pal (21 years) s/o Bijoy Pal of Poramatala, PS-Nabadwip, District- Nadia from Ajoynagar Bus stand under PS-Purba Jadavpur, District-South 24 Parganas with recovery of
- 4 (four) improvised pipe guns ( one shotter)
- 4 rounds of 8 mm live cartridges.
- 4 rounds of .38 like improvised live cartridges.
- 2 numbers of brown coloured envelopes
- About 1.5 kgs of white powder used for preparing bombs.
- About 1.5 kgs of orange powder used for preparing bombs.
- 1 nylon bag
Over the written complaint of SI Tathagata Pandey of SOG,CID,WB Purba Jadavpur PS Case No. 110 dated 12.11.2008 u/s 25(i)(a)(1B)/27 Arms Act read with 4 ES Act was started.
85. The officers of Homicide section & Narcotic section CID, WB gave their best efforts to detect to arrest two drug peddlers namely Swapan Gupta & Ritan Das and recovered 3.840 Kgs. of “Charas”from their possession. This refers to Ghola PS Case No. 220/08 dt. 25.11.08 u/s 20(b)(ii)(c) NDPS Act.
86. On 14.11.2008 on the basis of secret source information one truck bearing no. WB25B/3894 loaded with 340 numbers of Birla tyres valued Rs. 1705738/- were seized and recovered from the truck terminal of Kona Express Highway and two accused persons namely 1) Rinku Bala 2) Prasanta Ghosh were arrested on raid handed from the place of occurrence. The said consignment was loaded from Balasore, Orissa for transportation to Gwahati, Assam . Over this issue Jagachha PS Case No. 228 dated 14.11.2008 u/s 407/468/471/420/120B IPC was started.
87. On 24.11.2008 noon acting upon secret source information one idol of Lord Krishna made of “ Kasti Pathar” valued about Rs. 5,00,000/- was recovered from Chandpara Palla Road near Shimuliapara under PS Gaighata, District-BNorth 24 Parganas from the possession of 1) Subhas Chandra Biswa ( 53 years) s/o Lt Surendranath Biswas of Simuliapara, PO, Chandpara Bazar, PS-Gaighata. 2) Debaprasad Sarkar (39 years) s/o Lt Ramakanta Sarkar of Vill + PO – Gobordanga, PS-Habra 3) Ananta Mitra (55 years) s/o Lt Chandrakata Mitra of Haidatpur, Gobordanga, PS-Habra 4) Tarun Ghosh ( 42 years) s/o Debaranjan Ghosh of village – Goipur , Gobordanaga, PS-Habra all of North 24 Parganas district. As per information, the idol was illegally smuggled from Bangladesh. Over this Gaighata PS Case No. 457 dated 24.11.2008 u/s 379/411/413/414 IPC read with 25 of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 was started.
88. On 22.11.2008 afternoon in pursuance of a secret source information the officers and men of Barrackpore DD, CID,WB assisted by I/C Belghoria, held a raid at Rani Rasmoni Road, Dakshineswar Railway Quarters premises and seized 6 Kgs 170 grams of Ganja from the possession of arrested accused persons namely 1) Prasanta Kumar Roy (36 years) s/o Lt Pranab Kumar Roy of Jirat Hasimpur Mathpara, PS Balagarh, District-Hooghly and 2) Asim Sarkar ( 30 years) s/o Lt Amulya Sarkar of Chakdah Joykrishnapur Methopara , PS- Chakdah, District-Nadia. This refers to Belghoria PS Case No. 297 dated 22.11.2008 u/s 20(b)(ii)/39 NDPS Act.
89. One Sampa Singh (27) D/o Lt. Ardhendu Narayan Singh of 3/ 1 New Raipur, Vill+PO – Garia, PS – Jadavpur, Dist – South 24-Parganas, Kolkata – 84 was reported to have been missing since 04-11-08. The missing information was recorded in Jadavpur PS vide Jadavpur PS GDE No. 943 dt. 05-11-08. As the lady was brought up by her uncle Swapan Chandra a MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/ 1/ F (74) dt. 07-11-08 was opened on the basis of his petition. On 07-11-08 over an information regarding Sampa Singh was received by the relatives. They immediately informed it to police. From enquiry it was learnt earlier that the missing lady is a pious woman and may stay at a temple near Mount Abu where channel of T.V. where mythological and religion teachings was taking place. So the relatives of missing girl were sent to Mount Abu with letter of recognition. Finally, the lady was recovered and returned to her relatives. MPB,CID took a very good initiative to recover the missing lady.
90. Officers of DRBT Cell ,CID,West Bengal had shown arrest on 04/11/2008 one accused Amal Santra (32 years) s/o Nemai Santra of uttar Kamrango Bishalakshmitala , PS-Sankrail, District-Howrah in c/w Sankrail PS Case No. 241/06 dated 27.09.2006 u/s 481/379 IPC and recovered one stolen mobile set from him as S.R.Property.
91. On 11/12/2008 Officers of Homicide Squad, CID WB alongwith Basanti Police Station officers conducted a raid at Basanti PS area and they gave their best effort to arrest one accd. namely Rahamat Mollah s/o Jamiruddin Mollah of 10 No. Kumrakhali, PS- Basanti who was the main suspect in c/w Basanti PS Case No. 63 dated 16.05.2008 u/s 304/436/427/506/34 IPC read with Section 25/27 arms Act , 3/5 ES Act.
92. CID, West Bengal Missing file no 54/5/(51) date 30/12/2008 was opened over the missing of one MD.Intiaz Ansari , S/o- Md. Izahar Ansari of RBS Road, Karahikal, Chapadani, PS. Bhadreswar, Dist-Hooghly. All informative actions were taken accordingly. Subsequently by searching jointly MPB section and relatives of the missing subject the missing person has been recovered over a secret source information. This amount to be a good work for MPB.
93. Missing file No 54-20084/F (17) dated 01/12/2008 was opened over the missing of 10 years girl Rinki Kumari Singh from 59 Kings Road, Howrah-I, PS. Golabari, after receipt of a complaint from Naresh singh , S/o-Lt. Bakeswar Singh. After hearing the episode of the missing the officers of MPB section guided the relatives at the girl to search for the girl at the adjacent areas of Golabari. It seems that the girl has forget the road of her residence. Local PS. was also contacted. Then by way of monitoring and with the assistance of local PS. the missing girl has been recovered instantly.
94. On 29/11/2008 evening, a consignment of 18 MT of liquid petroleum gas valued Rs. 10 lakhs loaded in tanker no. NL-01D-7956 was sent from IPL Haldia to Budge Budge. Next morning 30/11/2008 the said empty tanker was found on the left side of the road near Nohanpur I.C. of Nadia District. This refers to Haringhata PS Case No. 254 dated 01/12/2008 u/s 381/407/411/120B IPC . In this case the entire 10 Mt of gas has been recovered by Rly. & Highway Crime Cell, CID,WB on 02/12/2008. The accused driver and the receiver Ashit Mondal of Sutahata, PS-Sutahata, East Midnapore has been arrested.
95. On 04/08/2008 night a truck bearing no. WBI-6454 loaded with 10 Mt (approx) of TMT bar was hijacked by unknown miscreants on NH6 near Salap Petrol Pump under domjur PS. This refers to Domjur PS Case no. 232/08 dated 05/08/2008 u/s 379/395/412 /120B IPC . The case has been detected by Rly. & Highway Crime Cell on 29/12/2008. The said stolen truck had been detected and recovered.
96. On 11/11/2008 night a truck bearing no. WB-41B0724 loaded with 10 Mt of TMT bar sent from Durgapur to Garia and said truck was hijacked from Kona Bridge under Liluah PS . On the basis of the information given by O/C Railway & Highway Crime Cell, the entire gang has been detected and all the stolen truck have been recovered. This refers to Liluah PS Case No. 238/08 u/s 395/397 IPC.
97. On 24.11.2008 noon acting on secret source information one idol of Lord Krishna made of Kasti Pathar , costly about Rs. Five Lakhs was recovered from Chand Para Palla road near Shimulia Para under PS Gaighata District-24 Pgs North from the possession of 1. Subhas Chandra Biswas (53) s/o Lt Surendranath Biswas of Shimulia Para PO-Chandpara Bazzar, PS-Gaighata Dist-24 Pgs North 2. Debaprasad Sarkar (39) s/o Lt Ramakanta Sarkar of vill + PO Gobardanga PS-Habra, District-24 Parganas North 3. Ananta Mitra (55) s/o Late Chandra Kranta Mitra of Haidatpur , Gobardanga , PO-Khatura , PS-Habra, District-North 24 Pgs 4. Tarun Ghosh (42) s/o Debranjan Ghosh of vill –Goipur PO-Gobardanga District- 24 Parganas North . It is the information that the idol was illegally smuggled from Bangladesh. This refers to Gaighata PS Case No. 457 dated 24.11.2008 u/s 379/41/413/414 IPC r/w Section 25 of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act 1972 . As per order of Superior SI Pallab Ganguly of SOG CID WB investigating the case and Inspector Sri Samarendra Das is the controlling Inspector of the case. The idol was sent to Archaeological Survey of India, Kolkata Circle and on 02.01.2009 Expert Advisory Committee, archaeological Survey of India, Kolkata declared the idol as Antiquity and also declared that the idol is stone sculpture represnting Venugopal and datable to c.19th century A.D. vide Report No. M-7/4/ANT/08-09 od 07/01/2009.
98. On 25/1/09 leading to the statement of PC accused Ashoke Mondal @ Bukpora Ashoke (45) s/o Lt Satish Mondal @ Paran of Jagatpur, PS Rajarhat, District 24-Pgs (N), Kol-59 a raid was conducted by SOG CID, WB held at the office room of accused Anupam Chowdhury situated in his house having premise no BE-1, Deshbandhu Nagar, Kol-59, PS Baguihati, District North 24-Parganas in c/w Purba Jadavpur PS case no 110 dated 12/11/08 u/s 25(1)(a)(1B)/27 Arms Act r/w Sec, 4 ES Act and following articles were recovered.
1. 40 pcs pouch containing 50 pcs of 7.62 bullets each total 2000 pcs ammunition.
2. 18 boxes containing 35 pcs of 9 mm ammunition each total 630 pcs ammunition.
3. One card board boax containing 370 pcs of 7.72 ammunition
4. One card board box containing 200 pcs of 5.56 ammunitions
5. One card board box containing 35 pcs of 0.22 ammunitions
6. One card board box containing 140 pcs of 0.500 ammunitions
7. 3 pcs of country made one shorter.
8. 3 pcs of gun with wooden butt with magazine.
9. 2 pcs of DBBL gun.
10. 3 pcs of pen gun.
11. one bullet proof jacket
12. 2 post card size photograph
13. one ash colour almirah
14. One hammer and iron instrument (chheney)
Over this Baguihati PS case no 26 dated 26/01/09 u/s 25(1)(a)(1B)/27 Arms Act r/w 120B IPC was registered.
99. On 07/03/2006 at about 08:20 am one unknown dead body found at the embankment of river Mayurakshi near Biplobi Nani Setu under PS Burwan. The person was lying with throat cut injury. On way to Burwan hospital he was expired. Later on it was identified as the dead body of Dr. Jayanta Ghosh. This referred to Burwan PS Case No. 29/2006 dated 07/03/2006 u/s 302/364A/201/34 IPC. Accused Bablu Pal, Raju Mishra, Jagannath Naskar, Swapan Kahar, Somnath Mistri kidnapped Dr. Jayanta Ghosh from his chamber situated at Raja Manindra Chandra Road on 06/03/2006 at about 14:15 hrs with an intention of earning money by ransom. Later on they murdered Dr, Ghosh. During trial the change of kidnapping for ransom, murder, with criminal conspiracy and common intention, disappearance of evidence and possessing and use of illegal fire arms has been well established against the aforesaid accused persons. The accused persons were convicted with Imprisonment for Life u/s 302/364A/120B/201 IPC by Ld.ADSJ FTC –I Court, Kandi, Murshidabad on 21.01.2009. The case was excellently investigated by SI Sougata Ghosh of MTS Section,CID,West Bengal and ended in conviction.
100. On 06-08-06 at 17:00 hrs. one Ujjal Prasant (16 Yrs.) @ Ashutosh Mishra S/o Brijnandan Mishra of 35/1 Kalipur Extension, Haridevpur, PS – Thakurpukur, Kolkata – 700082 was reportedly missing from his house. This refers to Keorapukur TOP GDE No. 219 dt. 07-08-2008. Subsiquently MPB, CID File No. 54-2008/ 1/ M (79) dt. 08-08-2008 was opened. In course of enquiry a tip of secret source information the name of one Sk. Sahabuddin of Sankrapara, Sivajbati Amta, Howrah – 711401 was located. Lastly, by persuing the information Asutosh was traced at Railway Canteen Howrah. This is a good example of pursuation by MPB, CID and panstaking endevour by them yielded the positive result.
101. On 25-01-2004 one Rimpi Dey (20) of Purba Baidyapur, PS – Jagatdal, North 24-Parganas left her residence without informing guardians. Accordingly Jagatdal PS GDE No. 1135 dt. 14-01-2008 was lodged. Subsequently MPB, CID File No. 55-2009 /1A/ F (5) was opened. During enquiry as per secret source information. the girl was recovered from Nimta while moving on a road with Habu @ Rajkumar Singh. Officers of MPB, CID prove extreme professional attitude and restored the missing Rumapa Dey to her father Bijoy Krishna Dey.
102. Abhijit Samanta (21) S/o Hriday Kumar Samanta of 7/ 3 Rabindra Sarani S.N. Pally D/ Zone, Durgapur was reported missing on 03-01-2009. Accordingly GDE No. 101 dt. 04-01-2009 was lodged at Faridpur I/C. In later course of time MPB, CID, File No. 55-2009/ 6/ M (1) dt. 07-01-2009 was opened In course of enquiry from secret source information location of Avijit Samanta) was found at Park Street at 17:45 and on 09-01-09 at Uttar Pradesh. Finally he was found in abnormal condition at DVC Morh, Durgapur. This is a good work done by MPB, CID.
103. CID, West BengalMissing File No. 55-2009/ 17A/ M (1) dt. 29-01-09 was opened over the missing of one Kanailal Chakraborty S/I Lt. Hiranmoy Chakraborty, Radhagobinda Road, Diogboy, Tinsukia Assam after receipt of a petition from one Biswanath Bhattacherjee of Siliguri, Milan Pally since 20-01-09. This has also reference to Siliguri GRPS GDE No. 1362 dt. 20-01-09. All informative actions were taken instantly and side by side the CID team tried to keep contact with various voluntary organizations and Government Homes as the age of missing person 70 years and he is a patient of alzima. He could not remember anything. Subsequently on 30-01-2009 Hive Foundation a voluntary organization of South Kolkata informed us about the whereabouts of Kanailal Chakraborty.
CID, MPB contacted with the family members and took them to Sambhunath Pandit Hospital where the missing person is admitted for treatment for his illness. Both the family members and the missing person identified both of them. For utmost effort and sincerity of MPB Section the missing person have been restored.
104. CID, West Bengal Missing File No. 55-2009/5/F (1) dt. 22-01-2009 was opened over the missing of one Smt. Sayantani Mukherjee (Bhattacharya), Age – 26 Yrs. D/o Subharanjan Bhattacharjee, 17A Uttar Pally, PO – Sodepur, PS – Khardah, Dist – North 24-Parganas.
The episode of the missing is that Sayantani was reported to have been missing since 20-01-09 only after three days of her marriage which took place with one Debraj Mukherjee on 16-01-09. After through interrogation the father said that Sayantani has love affairs with one “Rajesh” a Gujrati boy. He is also married. Subsiquently, on a secret source information their location was detected at Delhi. Subsiquently, the parents received phone from Sayantani, the CID then went to Sealdah Station and rescued Sayantani. This is really a good work on the part of CID team.
105. On pursuance of source information on 03/01/2009 a team of Narcotic Cell, CID,WB raided the house of one Kuddush Halsana (42 years) s/o Jahadar Halsona of Baronalda Purbapara, PS Tehatta, District-Nadia and recovered 420 grams of Heroin, 15 kgs of white powder and 2 litres of Acid from his house. Kuddush Halsana was arrested. This refers to Tehatta PS Case No. 5 dated 03/01/2009 u/s 21 (c )/25 NDPS Act.
106. On 12/11/08 about 07:00 hrs the complainant Shri Swapan Mondal s/o Lt. Gadadhar Mondal of Hazrapur, Sadaipur, Birbhum was informed by the local people that one unknown female dead body aged about 35 yrs is lying at Babuibona Jungle in Karamkal Mouza at a distance of about 50 mts from the road. Accordingly the complainant along with others had been to the P.O. and saw the dead body, which was found tied with a Sonajhuri Tree by the saree with marks of several injuries on the forehead, eyes and mouth. The complainant suspected that the unknown female was murdered and dumped at the spot. The complaint was submitted by Shri Swapan Mondal s/o Lt. Gadadhar Mondal of Hazrapur, Sadaipur, Birbhum and Sadaipur (Birbhum) PS c/no 74 dated 12/11/08 u/s 302 IPC was started after registered Sadaipur PS UD c/no 16 dt 12/11/08. Investigation was taken over by CID and the case was detected within a month. Four persons were arrested, two motorcycles, offending shotgun and other evidences were recovered.
107. One minor Asek Hossain (one and half years) s/o Sri Nazrul N.Z Hossain of village Ajangachi, Dist Howrah was reported to be kidnapped by one Momena Khatoon (14/15 years) engaged as maid servant of above Nazmul N.Z Hossain for last 3/4 months. It is also learnt one Asraf (26) of Bangalpur PS Bagan, Howrah is also involved in this incident. The said Asraf though is a maternal brother but appears to be a boy friend of the said maid servant Momena Khatoon. Off late it has been learnt that the said minor boy Asek Hasan has been kept confined at a place at Rourkella. This refers to Joypur Ps case no. 1/09 dated 06.01.09 u/s 363/365/34 IPC. A team of POWC Cell CID, West Bengal consisting of Inspector Kamal Chowdhury, SI S. Thapa w/c 60 Swapan Bhattacharjee, LWC-218 Doli Mondal went to Rourkella and arrested Sk.Asraf Ali (26) s/o Sk. Abu Hossain of Vill: Adra, PS Bagnan, Howrah on 11/1/2009. the accused was handed over to concern PS.
The case has been assisted by CID, West Bengal.
Smt. Sakina Bibi @ Munni mother of the maid servant has been arrested on 06.01.09 but the minor kidnapped boy is still untraced.
108. Tea worth of rupees thirteen lakhs which was scheduled to come to kolkata by truck no. WB33A/3544 on 29/11/08 has been misappropriated by the driver and owner of the truck himself who used false names. On persuasion by Rly. & Highway Crime Cell, C.I.D, the main culprit behind this racket Asif Hassain @ Munna@ Ricky s/o Fakrul Hassain of Jharmui,p.s Champaron(w),Bihar had been arrested from Raxaul and the gang was detected. This refers to Bhaktinagar p.s case no. 1858/08 dt. 10/12/08 u/s 407/34 I.P.C –
109. On the basis of source information, one Anup Gupta s/o Lt. Jagadish Prosad Gupta of 2no. Fakir Phatak Lane,p.s Bally , Howrah was arrested by the officers of Rly. & Highway Crime Cell, CID on 27/01/09 and during interrogation he confessed that he sold out the whole goods i.e 20 MT T.M.T Bar with the help of Driver Alok Maity and others which refered to Kulti p.s case no.10/09 dt. 09/01/09 u/s 407 I.P.C . On persuasion of his statement, one receiver was also arrested and 1.5 MT T.M.T Bar was recovered from Nalhati p.s and the accd persons were handed over to the I.O of the case