1. On 04/01/2010 in course of working out a source information, a team of CID officers unearthed a racket of manufacturers and users of fake gun license and arrested four such criminals namely 1) Golam Amdia Sk (48 years) s/o Lt Abdul Sattar Sk of village-Gokarna ,PO-Minapur , PS-Purbasthali, District-Burdwan 2) Sk Jahangir s/o do of do 3) Bapi Sk s/o Golam Amdia Sk of do of do 4) Abdul Hussain Bora s/o Lt Abdul Halim Bora of village- Piyagram, PS-Manteswar , District-Burdwan . They possessed fake gun licenses which they used for purchasing guns and they used to work as Security Guards at different Telephone Exchanges of BSNL offices. Altogether four accused persons have been arrested for with seizure of 3 Nos. of Single Barrel Guns, 4 Nos. of Double Barrel guns , 18 rounds of 12 Bore Live Cartridges , 1 round of 12 Bore fired cartridge and 4 Nos. of Gun Licenses.
2. One Pramod Kumar Mishra s/o Krishna Deo Mishra of 205 Dolui Para, Makla, PS-Uttarpara, District-Hooghly, complained that his younger brother Rinku @ Prodip Mishra is running a nut bolt manufacturing business styled as Shivam steel industries located at Bander Bill under PS-Dankuni. On 7/12/09 in between 18:30 hrs and 19:00 hrs his brother Rinku @ Prodip Misra was murdered and the dead body of the deceased was lying at the ground behind the factory styled as Mahadeo Forging Works situated at Bander Buill under Dankuni PS with injury on his neck and chest and the motor cycle of the deceased was lying near the body without keys and found the money bag and the mobile phone of the deceased was missing. On 24-25/1/2010 a joint raid was held with the help of O/C Dankuni PS with his staff and Hooghly DD staff under leadership of Sri Ajoy Kumar Sinha, Inspector of Police, DDI Hooghly DD in c/w above noted case is between 22:00 hrs on 15:15 hrs at Rasulpur, PS Memari Dist Burdwan, Thakurpukur area under 24 Parganas (South) and Uttarpara under Dist Hooghly and arrested the accd person Abir Dey @ Atanu Dey (25) s/o Sukanta Dey of 75, Upper BPMB Sarani. from Konnagore under PS Uttarpara Dist Hooghly & recovered the following items from him. i) One cell phone of deceased . Nokia Set, Model No – 6233 and IMEI No – 352915023492850 without SIM ii) One Ring of Keys of the deceased iii) One offending weapons (Katari) with blood stained. iv) One shirt of the accd with blood stained which wore by the accd person during the crime. This is an example that CID rendered assistance to the district police.
3. CID West Bengal missing file No. 55-2009/1/F (106) dt. 24-12-09 was opened over the missing of one Dipika Dey (25 Yrs.) D/o Kalipada Dey of 89 Netaji Subhash Nagore Colony PO - VIP Bazar, PS - Tiljala, Dist - South 24-Parganas after receipt of a petition from Smt. Dipika Dey the matter of the missing girl. Apart from informative action a through enquiry was done from MPB Section. During enquiry it revealed that during day time the missing girl Dipika Dey used to stay alone at her home and somebody used to visit as stated by neighbor. From secret information, location of the girl was detected at Sonarpur PS area, Narendrapur. The parents went there as per advise of officers of MPB and recovered the missing person. This is undoubtedly a good work on the part of MPB Section.
4. One Soma Majumdar (26 Yrs.) W/o Subhankar Majumdar, 400 Bansdroni Park, PS - Regent Park, Dist - South 24-Parganas reported to have been missing since 07-01-10. All informative actions were taken accordingly. Broadcasting, Telecasting and publication in daily news paper was also done. From secret information the location of the missing girl was traced and with effort of MPB Section the missing subject was recovered.
5. One Anwar Mallick (14 Yrs.) S/o Nijamuddin Mallick, Vill+PO - Udang, PS - Amta, Dist- Howrah went to Rajasthan Joypur, Chandbal Bazar to learn the jewllery work under one Pankaj Jana of the same locality. But he was missing from there and a GDE No. was also made at Nahargarh PS. A File vide No. 55-2009/19/ M (6) dt. 14-12-09 has been opened at CID WB. and all informative actions have been taken accordingly. From secret information the location of Anwar Mallick was traced. The parents went there by talking a letter from O/C MPB, CID, West Bengal. The boy has been recovered from there. This is a good work on the part of MPB.
6. Principal accd. namely Biplab Chhitri (30) s/o Balaram Chhitri of Ramendrapally, PS Raiganj was arrested on 04.01.2010 and Mahadeb Das (26) s/o Lt. Batoram Das of Shaktinagar, PS-Raiganj was arrested on 07.01.2010 in c/w Raiganj PS Case No. 379/09 dt. 28.11.09 u/s 302/201/ 34 IPC ( CID investigated case) by the effort of Officers and men of Homicide Squad,CID,WB.
7. On 23.05.05 S.I Sandip Ganguly of Homicide Squad arrested Trilokinath Show @ Nath, Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua, Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua and recovered decomposed dead body of Mamuni Das which was buried inside the Kappor factory under P.S Kasba in presence of Magistrate and witnesses. On the basis of his written complainant, Kasba Ps Case No – 76 Dt – 24/05/05, u/s -302/201/34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was started detailing Inspector G.S. Kangilal of Homicide Squad, CID, W.B to investigate the case. During investigation the I.O seized incriminating articles, examined witnesses, and collected evidences. After completion of investigation I.O submitted Charge Sheet vide Kasba PS vide C.S No. 78 dt. 18.08.05 u/s 302/201/34 IPC& 25/27 Arms Act against (1) Trilokinath Show @ Nath (2) Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua (3) Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua. During initiation and investigation of the case I.O was assisted by S.I Sandip Ganguly, S.I Krishnandu Ghosh both of CID.In reference to above case trial was commenced in the 12th Court of Addl. Session Judge of Alipore. After completion of trial the Hon’ble Addl. Sessions Judge 12th Court Alipore passed his Judgement dated 06.02.2010 declaring (1) Trilokinath Show @ Nath (2) Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua (3) Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua guilty for charge u/s 302/120B/201 and convicted all of them with rigorous Imprisonment for life with fine of Rs10000/- for one imprisonment and fine of Rs5000/- for R.I for six months.
8. On 23.05.05 S.I Krishnandu Ghosh of DRBT arrested Trilokinath Show @ Nath, Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua, Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua, Md. Kalachand @ Chand and Md. Samim and recovered decomposed skeleton dead body of Gopali Dey @ Gopali which was buried inside the Kappor factory under P.S Kasba in presence of Magistrate and witnesses. On the basis of his written complainant, Kasba Ps Case No – 77 Dt – 24/05/05, u/s -302/201/34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was started detailing Inspector G.S. Kangilal of Homicide Squad, CID, W.B to investigate the case. During investigation the I.O seized incriminating articles, examined witnesses, and collected evidences. After completion of investigation I.O submitted Charge Sheet vide Kasba PS vide C.S No. 78 dt. 18.08.05 u/s 302/201/34 IPC& 25/27 Arms Act against (1) Trilokinath Show @ Nath (2) Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua (3) Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua. During initiation and investigation of the case I.O was assisted by S.I Sandip Ganguly, S.I Krishnandu Ghosh both of CID.The case was tried in the 12th Court of Addl. Sessions Judge at Alipore. After completion of trial the Hon’ble Addl. Sessions Judge 12th Court Alipore passed his judgement dated 06.02.2010 declaring (1) Trilokinath Show @ Nath (2) Biswanath Dutta @ Bisua (3) Raj Kumar Show @ Rajua and (4) Md. Kalachand @ Kalu guilty for charge u/s 302/120B/201 and convicted all of them with rigorous Imprisonment for life with fine of Rs10000/- for one imprisonment and fine of Rs5000/- for R.I for six months. During trial the accused Md. Samim was found not guilty and was acquitted u/s 235(1) of Cr.P.C from the charge.
9. On 06-02-10 one Manabendra Mondal (29 Yrs.) S/o Lt. Panchanan Mondal of Vivekananda Nagar, PO - East Udayanpur, PS - Barasat, Dist - North 24-Parganas was reportedly missing. Accordingly New Town PS GDE No. 310 dt. 07-02-10 was lodged by Shri Nilabja Kr. Mondal. Subsiquently MPB CID File No. 56-2010/1A/M (10) dt. 08-02-10 was opened and circulation of photograph through Doordarshan and print media were made. From secret information his location was detected at Mouza Kantapukuria, J.L. No. - 37 Brojalalpur, Patashpur, Purba Medinipur. A letter of recognition was issued from MPB CID 09-02-2010. The informant went to potashpur with the said letter and finally recovered the missing subject with the help of local police. This is a good work done by MPB, CID.
10. On 03-07-09 one Mrs. Sarmistha Palit @ Rinkoo D/o Sumit Kr. Basu of Diamond Harbour, PS - Diamond Harbour, Dist - South 24-Parganas. . After the disappearance of Sarmistha Diamond Harbour PS GDE No. 819 dt. 12-07-2009 was lodged. Subsequently MPB CID file No. 55-2009/1/F (87) dt. 11-11-2009 was opened.From a secret information, her location was detected near Govt. Mental Health Centre, Oolampara, Peroorkada, Tirubantapuram - 5, Kerala. MPB CID then issued a letter of recognition in favour of Sunil Kr. Basu who went to Kerala with the letter and the lady was recovered and taken back to WB. This is a good work made by MPB CID with painstaking endeavor.
11. On 22-02-10 one Kumar Jhuma Mondal (21) D/o Sisir Mondal of Krishnachandrapur, PS - Mathurapur was missing from her house. Accordingly Mathurapur PS GDE No. 1233 dt. 23-02-10 was lodged. Shri Bidyut Mondal brother of the missing subject then opened a file vide MPB CID File No. 56-2010/1/F (21) dt. 24-02-2010. From secret information, location of one Shri Chanchal Maji was fixed and he was contacted and finally the location of the lady was traced as per statement of Chanchal Maji, at last she was recovered from Bashirhat by the informant Bidyut Mondal with the active help of MPB CID.
12. On 16-02-10 one Barun Nath S/o Lt. Ghonton Ch. Nath called at MPB CID and submitted a written information regarding missing of his brother Dibyendu Nath. Accordingly MPB CID File No. 56-2010/1/M (20) dt. 16-02-2010 was opened. Dibyendu Nath was attached to Modern Optical Baghajatin. He was missing since 13-02-10 and Regent Park PS GDE No. 1091 dt. 15-02-2010 was lodged. Anwar being the bosom friend of missing subject was closely interrogated and during interrogation it has been revealed that Dibyendu is swayed in love with a female folk of kidderpur. Lastly Anwar took missing Dibyendu to his house from the house of the said girl of Khidirpur. It is a good persuasion by MPB CID that Yielded positive result.
13. On 20.02.2010 a composite team of CID WB accompanied by Dy. SP CID WB Shri Q. J. Islam headed by POWC Cell, CID WB have conducted a mammoth raid and rescue operation and able to rescue 31 (Thirty One) Victim girls, at least 10 (Ten) of them appeared to be minored and most of them under 20 (Twenty) cage from a road side brothel by the side of NH – 41 at Uttar Kasimnagar under Mahishadal PS, Dist. Purba Medinipur. And arrested 09 (Nine) perpetrators including Manager of the brothel. From gathering intelligence to execute the raids each and every peripherals had been planned meticulously towards raiding at least 40 (Forty) rooms simultaneously in to the brothel. This shows the momentum and zeal of each and every CID WB personnel towards duty. This not a normal police duty. This type of raids requires dedication towards welfare of the society. This refers to Mahishadal PS Case No. 18/10 dt. 20.02.2010 u/s 363/365/366A/372/373/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act.
14. One Sadat Ali s/o Lt Samsul Huda of Katagara, PS- Pandua, Hooghly complained that his daughter Jahanara Bibi (20 years) was married with one Sk Omar Ali s/o Lt Sahajahan of Bejpara, PS Pandua about two years back and after marriage she was tortured mentally and physically. The complt. Appealed before party officials & Panchayat for justice. His daughter was taken to ALigarh, UP by his son-in-law at his work place and there also she was tortured by her husband. On 18/03/2001 she was murdered and her dead body was hanged to prove that she committed suicide by hanging. The complainant lodged complaint that his daughter was murdered by 1) Omar Ali s/o Sk Sahajahan 2) Azima Bibi w/o Lt Sahajahan 3) Abdul Rajjak s/o Lt Islam 4) Altab s/o do 5) Abdul Hamid s/o Lt Panchu Sk 6) Razia Bibi w/o Lt Islam 7) Ajizan Bibi w/o Abdul Rajjak 8) Majera Bibi w/o Altab all of Bejpara, Pandua. On the basis of that complaint the above noted case was started by SI Tarakeswar Mukherjee, O/C Pandua PS and endorsed the case to SI S N Rakshit of Pandua PS. The I.O. SI S N Rakshit of Pandua PS arrested 1) Omar Ali s/o Sk Sahajahan 2) Sk Nasiruddin s/o Sk Abdul; Hamid 3) Abdul Rajjak s/o Lt Islam all of Bejpara , PS-Pandua and rest 6 accused persons surrendered in the Court and taken into custody. The investigation of the case was assumed control by CID , West Bengal and SI Samar Banerjee of Hooghly DD was endorsed the case for investigation. After completion of the investigation SI Samar Banerjee submitted Charge Sheet vide Pandua PS Charge Sheet No. 99/03 dated 29/06/2003 u/s 498A/302/201/34 IPC against 9 accused persons 1) Omar Ali s/o Sk Sahajahan 2) Azima Bibi w/o Lt Sahajahan 3) Abdul Rajjak s/o Lt Islam 4) Altab s/o do 5) Abdul Hamid s/o Lt Panchu Sk 6) Razia Bibi w/o Lt Islam 7) Ajizan Bibi w/o Abdul Rajjak 8) Majera Bibi w/o Altab 9) Sk Nasiruddin s/o Sk Abdul Hamid all of Bejpara, Pandua. This case had been trialed in the Court of Ld. Addl Session Judge Special Cum EC Act, Chinsurah , Hooghly. Ld. Addl Session Judge Special Cum EC Act, Chinsurah , Hooghly passed judgement order against all the 9 accused persons as follows. 1) All the 9 accused persons are found guilty and convicted for 3 years RI ( Rigorous Imprisonment) plus Rs. 2000/- each as fine or 6 months RI u/s 498A/34 IPC. 2) All the 9 accused persons are found guilty and convicted for 3 years RI ( Rigorous Imprisonment) plus Rs. 2000/- each as fine or 6 months RI u/s 201/34 IPC. 3) All the 9 accused persons are found guilty and convicted for Live Imprisonment with RI plus Rs. 10000/- each as fine or 2 years RI u/s 302/34 IPC.”
15. CID West Bengal missing file No. 56-2010/ 5/ F(2) Dt. 24-02-10 was opened over the missing of one Sudha Thakur D/o Surendra Thakur, 773/ A A.S.K. Nagar, Vill - Naya Basti Rishra, PO - Pravash Nagar, PS - Sreerampur, Dist - Hooghly after receipt of a requisition from I.O SI B. Pattanayek of Sreerampur PS, Dist - Hooghly in c/w Sreerampur PS case No. 370 dt. 11-12-09 u/s 363/ 366 IPC. During investigation the complicity of Sanjoy Jadav and Sanji Jadav were transpired. From secret information their location were traced.at Himachal Pradesh/ Amedabad and Balia. Accordingly, the IO was directed to go at Balia, U.P from where the kidnapped / missing girl was recovered.This is obviously a good work on the part of MPB Section.
16. One Dayamoy Ash of Gogeshpally, PO+PS - Bankura came to CID, MPB Section and opened a missing file against his wife Smt. Munmun Ash @ Mau and his minor son vide file No. 56-2010/8/F (1) dt. 12-03-10. From secret information MPB officers came to know that she belonged to her mother at Durgapur. The mother of the missing subject was contacted over phone and she confirmed that her daughter has returned to them being tortured by her husband. This is obviously a good work on the part of MPB Section.
17. One Sanjukta Hore, 18 Yrs. D/o Goutam Hore, Vill+PO - Durgapur, Dist - Burdwan reported to have been missing since 10-03-10. CID Missing File No. 56-2010/6/F (6) dt. 15-03-10 was opened over this issue. This has also reference to Durgapur PS GDE No. 987 dt. 11-03-10. (2) and one Susmita Bhadra 15 Yrs. D/o Anup Kr. Bhadra 6/19 Rabindra Pally Dhanta Bag Vill+PO - Amri, PS - Durgapur, Dist - Burdwan reported to have been missing since 10-03-10. This has also reference to Durgapur PS GDE No. 987 dt. 11-03-10. All informative steps were taken accordingly. During enquiry it revealed that one person of Durgapur area working in Indian Defence has taken them to Delhi/ Meruit with plea of offering them a job. From secret information, finally their location fixed at Merut in Uttar Pradesh. CID, The parents were directed to go to Merut and the parents went there and recovered the girls. This is obviously a good work on the part of CID MPB Section.
18. On 01.03.2010 one absconding accused named Anwar Bhangi (35) S/O Dukha Bhangi arrested on 01.03.2010 after long surveillance and remanded to PC by the IO of the case Inspr. Shri Subhas Sengupta, OC POWC Cell, CID WB in c/w Dholarhat PS Case No. 137/09 dt. 29.05.09 u/s 363/366/372/120B IPC.
19. On 06.03.10 One minor victim girl had been recovered from Dhal under Kulti PS by POWC Cell, CID WB after getting secret source information that the escaped VG had been landed to the Dhal brothel and was compelled to be exploited. The VG was recovered and produced before the Ld. A.C.J.M. Haldia and as per order Ld. Court, she is presently kept at a shelter Home for safe custody. A case has been started vide ref. Mahishadal PS Case No. 151/09 dt. 23.09.09 u/s 365/366A/366B/372/373/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act.
20. On 09.03.10 a secret source information that one victim girl was rescued from Sonagachi Red Light Area and she was escaped from Gope Shelter Home, Paschim Medinipur in c/w Mahishadal PS Case No. 151/09 dt. 23.09.09 u/s 365/366A/366B/372/373/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act.
21.On 14.03.10 at about 13:25 hrs acting on a secret information from one Nishikanta Mondal of Korakathi PS Canning, South 24 Prgs. to the effect that her minor daughter had been trafficked by some unknown person since a fortnight ago and is being travelled by East Coast Express reaching Howrah at about 15:30 hrs. Accordingly, the officers of POWC Cell rushed to Howrah Rly. Station and after chalking out the plan with Howrah GRP and they were able to trace out the girl from that train with the help of her father and took that minor girl under safe custody. After counseling the girl was handed over to her father Vide Canning PS GDE NO. 669 dt. 15.03.10. Canning PS GDE No. 669 dt. 15.03.2010.
22. On 15.03.10 acting on a secret source information a raid and rescue operation was conducted by POWC Cell, CID WB at E -8, Baishnavghata Town ship under Jadavpore PS and rescued two victim girls including one minor girl who were brought by traffickers and compelled for commercial Sexual Exploitation and subsequently one trafficker namely Tumpa Das @ Mousumi @ Soma Das w/o Ashok Das had been arrested. This refers to Jadavpore PS Case No. 139/10 dt. 15.03.2010 u/s 365/366A/372/373 IPC & 3/4/5/6/9 ITP ACT.
23. On 21.03.10 acting on a source information a team of POWC Cell, CID WB left for Digha to work out above information and accordingly recovered two major victim girls who had escaped from Vidyasagar Balika Bhawan, Gope, Paschim Medinipur in c/w Mahishadal PS Case No. 18/10 dt. 20.02.10 u/s 365/366A/366B/372/373/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act.
24. The officers and force of Homicide Squad had done their best efforts to arrest the principal accd. persons namely (1) Chanchal Sarkar and (2) Papia Sarkar on 02/03/2010 in c/w Raiganj PS Case No. 379/09 dt. 28/11/09 u/s 302/201/34 IPC and the case was ended in Charge Sheet within 88 days vide C.S. No. 80/10 dt. 30/03/2010 u/s 302/364/201/120B / 34 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act against (1) Biplab Chetri, (2) Mahadeb Das (3) Baban Das (4) Biplab Roy (5) Papia Sarkar (6) Chanchal Sarkar (7) Jitender Sharma @ Jitu (Absconder) and (8) Viki Saha (Absconder).
25. FIR named accused driver Amit Bera @ Sunil Maity s/o Sukdev Bera of Kapasberia, PS Mahisadal, Purba Midnapore was arrested and taken into remand in c/w Durgachak PS case no 60/09 dated 12/06/09 u/s 407 IPC. During interrogation he confessed his guilt.
26. On 31/03/2010 at about 23:30 hrs about 15/20 unknown persons armed with Bhojali, Revolvers and bombs forcibly entered inside the Warehouse of Blue Dirt Enterprise, located at village- Ankurhati, PS- Domjur , District-Howrah. Through the Main Gate they forcibly entered into the Cage room and looted sealed Aluminum boxes containing TITAN & Reliance Jewelry items ( Necklace, Ear-ring, Chain, Finger- Ring, bangles, Mongal -Sutra) and also looted away cash Rs. 15,000/- from one box at the point of fire arms. On the basis of the complaint submitted by Rajat Suvra Chakraborty s/o Sri Kashiswar Chakraborty , Domjur PS Case No. 14- dated 01/04/2010 u/s 395/397 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was started. The investigation of the case was assumed control by CID, West Bengal and during the investigation of the case looted gold ornaments worth Rupees 1 Crore 2 Lakhs have been recovered, which is nearly 90% of the looted articles and Seven ( 7 ) persons were arrested namely 1) Chiranjit Das @ Chiru s/o Shri Nepal Das of Jirat, Daspara, Duttapara, PS-Barasat, PO-Digha, District- North 24 Parganas 2) Ashok Jenna s/o Lt Vivek Jenna of village :- Goguy, PO- Goguy, PS-Pattamundai, District – Kendapara, Orissa 3) Biswajit Ganguli @ Bisu (29) s/o Lt Sailen Ganguli of village- Jirat, Daspara, Duttapara, PS- Barasat, PO-Digha, District- North 24 Parganas 4) Chandan Das @ Lalu s/o Madhu Sudan Das of 103/1/B Raja Dinendra Street, PS - Maniktala, Kolkata 5) Swapam Sardar (22) @ Topu s/o Manoranjan Sardar of Balarampur, PS-Usthi, PO- Lakhikantapur, District- South 24 Parganas. 6) Saheb Gayen (19) s/o Joydeb Gayen of Choto Jamtara, Bairagipara, Shyam Basuchak, PS- Kulpi, South 24 Parganas. 7) Laltu Sardar (23) s/o Sahadev Sardar of Balarampur, Lakhikantapur, PS-Usthi.
27. On 17/4/10 at 13:05 hrs. acting on a secret information, Officers and men of Narcotic Cell ,CID WB and Durgapur DD of CID,WB under the leadership of Inspr. Shri Manik Kumar Banerjee and Inspr. Shri Partha Sarathi Das & Inspr, Shri Deb Kumar Biswas of CID,WB held raid on Bankura Durgapur Pitch Road near Durgapur Barrage under PS Coke Oven and recovered 945 gms of Heroin from the possession of arrested accused namely 1) Manoranjan @ Gour Mondal (20) s/o Lt Hari Pada Mondal of Chapala, PS Khoyrasole, Birbhum, 2) Sujan Mondal (20) s/o Sukamar Mondal of do, 3) Prakash Roy (19) s/o Late Prafullya Roy of do. Accordingly, Cokeoven PS Case No. 45 dated 17/4/2010 u/s 21 ( C) /29 NDPS Act was started. The approximate value of the seized items is Rs. 60 lakhs ( Rupees Sixty Lakhs).
28. On 26/4/2010 at night, in pursuance of a secret information that a gang of notorious criminals were assembled for preparation of committing dacoity at Jadavpur PS area, O/C Homicide Squad, CID,WB and his staff held a raid at Jadavpur PS area and a arrested 1) Santosh Singh 2) Awedesh Kr Prosad, 3) Suresh Kumar Sukla 4) Satish Choudhury and seized 4 pipeguns loaded with ammunition and 4 mobile phones from their possession. Over this incidence, Jadavpur PS c/no 223 dated 26/4/2010 u/s 399/402 IPC and 25/27 Arms Act was started.
29. The officers of DRBT Cell, CID WB secured the arrest of 4 accused persons with the help of District Police viz 1) Subhash Panda of Bhupatinagar, Purba Midnapur, 2) Rasid Ali Ghorami, 3) Jakir Hossain Molla and Santo Molla @ Sajahan @ Bapi all of Canning, District South 24-Pgs and recovered improvised gun and bombs and thereby prevented a dacoity. This refers to Kolaghat PS Case No. 121 dated 08/4/2010 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27/35 Arms and 9 IE Act.
30. In term of the order No 673/05/2010 Customs VIII dated 05/04/10 passed by Jt Secy Govt of India, and as per order of the Superior Officer, the officers of DRBT Cell & Law Cell, CID WB have executed the detention order upon Shri Sanjay Saha @ Sonabhai ( 37 years) s/o Lt Bijoybhusan Saha of Mirzapur, PO-Gankar, PS Raghunathganj, Murshidabad under COFEPOSA ACT, 1974 and lodged him in the Presidency Correctional Home, Kolkata.
31. The officers of DRBT Cell, CID WB recovered four (4) Mobile Phones which were stolen / missing from various PS areas of Hooghly, Howrah, South 24 Parganas & North 24 Parganas districts.
32. On 30/04/2010 between 20:15 hrs. and 21:15 hrs, intercepting a tip-off, officers and men of SOG, CID under the leadership of Inspector Shri Krishnendu Ghosh Dastidar arrested one accused person namely Md. Kamruddin (42 years) @ Kamaru s/o Mamtaj khan of Village Rahamatnagar, Mazar Sharif, PS-Raniganj, District-Burdwan and recovered and seized 150 numbers of high explosive Gelatin Sticks and 150 numbers of Electrical Detonators from his possession. On the complaint, of SI Tathagata Pandey of SOG,CID,WB a case has been initiated at Raniganj PS. This refers to Raniganj PS Case No. 90 dated 01/05/2010 u/s 120B IPC r/w 4(a)(b)/5 ES Act. The accused person is now in Jail Custody.
33. . SI Joybroto Ganguly as per direction, a team of POWC comprising lady officer conducted 3 (three) raid in two districts , Ahmednagore and Nasik in Maharestra state in order to rescue one missing girl of Bali khali, PS: Dholarhat, Nadia. They reached at Copeergaon PS under Ahmednagore district in Maharestra on 21.4.10. They have conducted raid with the help of one Police personnel of Copeergaon PS at Yasgaonpat along road side brothels spreading 1 ½ km by the side of SH10 highway. In each and every present sex workers of brothels at Yasgaonpat were queued up for identification. 25 (twenty-five) road side brothels were visited. They have also conducted search at Sainagore brothels under same PS and proceed in a same manner as Yasgaonpat. They have interacted with some Bengali sex workers from Assansol, Murshidabad and showed them the photograph of the victim. On 22.4.10, they have conducted a search at Shalimar brothels under PS: Bhadrakali in Nasik district with the help of In-Charge Bhadrakali PS. In spite of all possible effort, the victim could not be found. This is worthy to note that on 30.12.10, a furious attack took place at Yasgaonpat triggered by local village residence and all the brothels were set in fire leading 204(two hundred four) sex workers to get out of brothels. So had the victim girl been in those brothels, she would have scope to freed herself from the clutch of evil. They have interacted with one NGO “Mukta” who has various projects for sex workers in those brothels specially for medical support. They have talked with field officer, counselor and doctor of this project called “Snehalaya”, showed them photograph and requested them to trace the girl through their network.
34. . In returning herewith the original documents along with all annexed papers. Inspr. Sarbari Bhattachajee has been duly enquired into in details. It revealed that on 18.12.2009, morning one victim girl aged about 20 yrs. was found missing from her residence and the information was diarized to Belgharia PS vide GDE No. 1284 dt. 18.12.2009. The petitioner suspected that his daughter fled away with one Rajesh Balmiki s/o Lt. Sampal Balmiki of T.N. Banerjee Road, PS Khardah as the missing girl had an affinity with the said youth since long. Inspr. Sarbari Bhattacharjee has been to the residence of Sumitra Balmiki w/o Lt. Sampal Balmiki (mother of Rajesh) and enquired about the matter. She admitted that her middle son Rajesh had love affair with the said girl ( daughter of petitioner), and may be managed to escape together as her son also had been found missing on and from the date. Previously lodged a specific case to Khardah PS in the year 2006, FIR No. 285/06 dt.16.10.06 u/s 363/368 IPC against Rajesh Balmiki on alleged elopement of that girl. And the family members of Rajesh arrested in that connection and forwarded to the Court of law. Inspr. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, rest assured her to contact with her son and try to convince him to avoid further legal action as the parents of the girl have been eagerly concerned about their only daughter and advised her to take the issue sympathetically and so that the crises may be resolved amicably. Subsequently came to know that, the petitioner could make contact with Rajesh and his daughter and both of them came back to meet the petitioner and the matter has been resolved amicably.
35.. One lady reported to have been missing since 24-01-10 from her residence at Narayanpur, PS - Airport, Dist - North 24-Parganas as reported by her husband Md Salauddin of Beniapukur, PO - Entally, Kol - 14. CID WB Missing File No. 56-2010/ 1A/ F (21) dt. 04-03-10 was opened over this issue. This has also reference to Airport PS GDE No. 1389 dt.29-01-10. During enquiry it could be learnt that lady left home by taking Rs. 100000 from house which the husband kept for purchasing a plot of land. She fall in love with a person who is a worker of a small factory at Narayanpur near the rented house of Salauddin. From secret information location was fixed at Tata. Subsequently the missing person along with her boy friend take shelter at Patrasayar PS area under Bankura District. MPB CID by constant persuasion detected the place and the missing lady been recovered. This endeavor is certainly a good work on the part of MPB Section.
36. The prime suspect Santosh Singh (47 Yrs), s/o Lt Keshab Prasad Singh, of village - Subhai, South Tola, P.O - Subhai, PS - Hazipur (Sadar), Dist - Baishali, Bihar, was previously arrested on 26.04.10 in c/w Jadavpur PS Case No. 223/10 dt. 26.04.10. u/s 399/402IPC& 25/27 Arms Act and was shown arrested in C/W Bally PS Case No. 21/09 dt. 29.01.09 u/s 363/365 IPC Adding Sec. 302/201/120B IPC (Yash Lakhotia Murder Case) upon Production Warrant issued from Howrah Court on 11.05.10.
37. . Acting upon a secret source information a team of energetic officers from CID(HQ) led by Homicide Section as ordered by Superior Officer had gone to different places in U.P & Bihar and finally succeeded in apprehending a group of inter-state kidnappers from near 8B Bus Stand at Jadavpur, 24 Pgs. South on 26.04.10 night, on the basis of secret information.. Four persons were (1) Santosh Singh (47 Yrs), s/o Lt Keshab Prasad Singh, of village - Subhai, South Tola, P.O - Subhai, PS - Hazipur (Sadar), Dist - Baishali, Bihar, A/P c/o Shri Shyam Kishore Singh, of 34/35, Bharpara Road, Shalimar, PS - Shibpur, Dist – Howrah (2) Awdesh Kumar Prasad @ Awdesh Kumar Mahato (28yrs), S/O Bharat Prsad, of Village - Majhi, PS - Majhi, Dist - Chapra, Saran, Bihar, A/P - East Plant Basti, Burmamines, PS - Burmamines, Dist - Jamshedpur, Jharkhand (3)Suresh Kumar Shukla (28yrs) s/o Lt Tarakewsar Shukla, of Village - Bishnupur, PS - Rajapakar, Dist - Baishali, Bihar. (4) Satish Choudhury (28yrs), s/o Lt. Rajendra Prasad Choudhury, of village - Chandralay, PO - Chandralay, PS - Hazipur (Sadar), Dist - Baishali, Bihar and 4 (four) improvised pipe gun and 1 (one) improvised Automatic Pistol had been recovered from their possession. This refers to Jadavpur PS case No. 223/10 dt. 26.04.10 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act. Accd. Santosh Singh is also involved in Bally PS Case No. 21/09 dt. 29.01.09 u/s 363/365 IPC Adding Sec. 302/201/120B IPC ( Yash Lakhotia Murder Case).
38. CID, WB Missing file no. 56-2010/7/M(1) dt. 10/5/10 and file no. 56-2010/7/M(8) dt. 4/5/10 was opened over the missing of one Nehal Das (12 yrs.) s/o Niru Das of Vill- Malugram, PS Bhupatinagare, Dist.- Purba Midnapore and Partho Pratim Dutta of 15B, Bidhan Pally, Garia, PS Regent Park, S/24 Pgs. In addition to informative steps, CID, MPB Section tried to contact with GRPS if they leave the state. From a secret information it came to learnt that probable location of the missing boys was in Gouhati. MPB informed the matter to Gouhati Police Station for detaining the boys. They were moving near the booth. Gouhati police on the constant persuasion of MPB, detained the boy and handed over to their relative. This is a good work of MPB Section, CID.
39. One Rasomay Raha (85 yrs.) S/o Lt. Aswani Raha of Kulberia, PO- Bamangachi, PS Barasat, North 24 Parganas, was reported to have been missing since 02/04/2010 from his residence. This refers to Barasat PS GDE no. 197 dt. 2/4/10 and MPB File no. 56-2010/1A/M(35) dt. 17/5/10. After opening the file, CID, MPB Section began to search at Sealdah GRP, Hospital and kept liaison with NGOs. Subsequently, it was detected that Rasamay Raha has been rescued by an NGO. But he could not tell anything. MPB, CID, identified him and handed over to his son. This is a good work on the pat of MPB Sec.
40. Missing Persons Bureau of CID, West Bengal, took active part in rescuing two minor school girls reported to have been missing since 13/05/2010. They are the students of Loreto Convent and La Martinier for Girls. On the basis of clues, CID, MPB requested O/C Digha PS to search the habitats near Digha sea beach in the evening time. Lastly, the girls were rescued from Hotel Anandam Lodge by Digha police. Initially the file was opened from Lalbazar MPS. This is a good work on the part of MPB,CID.
41. One Jyati Agarwal (30 yrs.) S/o Bimlesh Kumar Agarwal of Sree Bhumi, 19 Canal Street, Udyachal Appartment, Lake Town, District-North 24 Parganas was reported to have been missing since 26/04/2010. In this regard CID, MPB missing file no. 56-2010/1A F (41) dated 6/5/10 was opened and all informative action were taken accordingly. This has also reference to Lake Town PS GDE no. 1307 dt. 26/04/2010. After opening the file, CID, MPB searched for different places. Subsequently, on basis of similarity with the dead body in c/w Titagarh PS U/D case no. 70/10 dt. 26/4/10 the relatives were directed to go Titagarh PS for identification. The body was lastly identified. This is a good work of CID, MPB Sec.
42. On 30/04/2010 between 20:05 hrs and 21:05 hrs. over a secret information, SI Tathagata Pandey and other officers and men of SOG, CID, West Bengal held raid at Raniganj PS area and arrested one Md. Kamruddin Khan (42) s/o Md. Mumtaj Khan of Majar Sharif Rahamatnagar, PS- Raniganj and seized 150 pcs of Gelatin Stick and 150 Pcs of Detonator from the possession of the said accused person which he was about to deliver to other person. This refers to Raniganj PS Case No. 90 dated 01/05/2010 u/s 4(a)(b)/5 ES Act.
43. Siliguri PS Police arrested one Miss Neptus Alarose d/o Lt Endesoired of Lower Biyaku Colony, Kohima, Nagaland and Biswajit Mushahany of Baghagaon, Balipathar, District- Kurbi Assam from UP Kanchanjhanga Express ( Train No. 5657) at NJP Railway Compound and seized 160 Pcs oF Fake Indian Currency Notes of Rs,500/- denomination, each from their possession. The case has been assumed control investigation by CID, West Bengal vide Org No. 1286 dated 13/05/2010. This refers to Siliguri PS Case No. 282 dated 06/05/2010 u/s 489A/489B/489C/489E IPC.
44. Bolpur PS Case No. 13/99 u/s 420/468/471 IPC & adding Section 120B IPC.
One Chandi Charan Mishra s/o Biswanath Mishra of Illambazar, PS- Illambazar District- Birbhum got an employment of History teacher at Saradish Roy Smriti Vidyaniketan, Gopinathpur by inserting his name in list of candidates as sent by Bolpur Employment Exchange office. The insertion was made by criminal conspiracy with the employees of Bolpur Employment Exchange Office. On the complaint of Shri R S Dasgupta, Dy. Directorate Employment Exchange, Birbhum the instant case has been recorded at Bolpur PS. Later, Control of investigation has been assumed by CID, West Bengal and SI Ajit Ghosh of Birbhum DD had submitted Bolpur PS Charge Sheet No. 49/03 dated 28/04/2003 u/s 420/468/471/120B IPC against 3 (three) accused persons. Three persons were arrested in this case- namely 1) One Chandi Charan Mishra s/o Biswanath Mishra of Illambazar, PS- Illambazar District- Birbhum 2) Netai Chakraborty s/o Shyamapada Chakraborty, Ex- Employment Exchange Officer, Bolpur of 23 Arya Vidyalaya Road, 1st Floor, E.O. Hall, Kolkata-700 078 & 3) Dilip Kumar Sarkar s/o Lt. Hiranmoy Sarkar , Ex- Employment Exchange Officer, Bolpur of 55 Prafulla Sen Colony, Pashupati Bhattacharjee Road, PO-Paschal Putiary, Behala, Kolkata-700 041. On 31/05/2010 Ld. Judicial Magistrate, Bolpur, Birbhum passed Judgement in this case and Chandi Charan Mishra s/o Biswanath Mishra of Biswanath Nursing Home, Illambazar, PS- Illambazar District- Birbhum is convicted u/s 420 IPC and sentenced to suffer R.I. of 02 (two) years and to pay fine of Rs.5,000/- ( Five Thousand) ID to RI for 30 ( thirty) days . He is also sentenced to suffer RI of 02(two) years & to pay fine of Rs.5,000/- ( five thousand) ID to RI for 30 (thirty) days u/s 471 IPC. Both these punishments shall run concurrently. Other two accused persons namely 1) Netai Chakraborty 2) Dilip Kumar Sarkar are acquitted u/s 248 (1) Cr.PC.
45. POWC Cell, CID WB kept steady communication with Maharashtra Police specially with the Pune City Police and as a result after persuading from POWC in the month of May 2010, a team of Faraskhana PS Police of Maharastra came to CID West Bengal along with 05 (Five) rescued victim girls who have been rescued in c/w the following cases.
1. Faraskhana PS Case No. 163/09 dt. 11/07/09.
2. Faraskhana PS Case No. 24/10 dt. 09.02.2010.
3. Faraskhana PS Case No. 30/10 dt. 08.04.2010.
All the Victim girls were placed in a NGO Shelter Home as per CWC, Pune with the assistance of POWC Cell, CID West Bengal.
46. A team of POWC Cell, CID West Bengal rushed to New Delhi in view to rescue bonded labours procured from various districts of West Bengal and subsequently they conducted several raids and managed to rescue one minor girl of Vill – Jaygopal Pur, PS – Sandeshkhali, Dist. North 24 Parganas and arrested the perpetrator named Anil Sardar (38) S/O Lt. Pagal Sardar Present address B-2/431, J.J. Colony, Madanpur Khadra, PS – Jaitpur, New Delhi and Permanent Address :Vill – Monipur, PS – Sandeshkhali, Dist. North 24 Prgs. He was involved in procuring this girl. A specific case has been started vide Sandeskhali PS Case No. 134 dt. 29.05.2010 u/s 363/366A IPC. The rescued girl is presently under safe custody at Liluah Shelter Home, Howrah as per order of Ld. A.C.J.M. Basirhat. North 24 Parganas
47. On 22/5/10 and also on subsequent dates, the officers of DRBT, Homicide and MTS, Sections of CID, WB held raid in course of investigation of Kalyani PS Case No. 195/10 dated 30/04/2010 u/s 395 IPC and secured arrest of the five accused persons namely 1) Anupam Das @ Bubay 2) Naran Das 3) Dipankar Chakraborty 4) Indrajit Das 5) Jiten Bhowmick and recovered 97 tins (1455 Kgs) of Mustered Oil ( Gokul) from their possession.
48. On 22/5/10 and also on subsequent dates, the officers of DRBT, Homicide and MTS, Sections of CID, WB held raid in course of investigation of Kalyani PS Case No. 223/10 dated 16/05/2010 u/s 394 IPC and secured arrest of the three accused persons namely 1) Anupam Das @ Bubay (36 years) 2) Narayan Ram (35 years) 3) Shankar @ Buro Das (28 years) and recovered 188 Bags of Mustered Seeds from their possession.
49. The officers of DRBT Cell, CID, WB secured the arrest of 2 (two) accused persons with the help of District Police namely (i) Sikendar Roy (23) (ii) Bijoy Yadav (25) all of Dankuni Annapurna Kanta, Dist – Hooghly who were highly wanted in c/w Purba Bidhannagar PS c/no 48 dt 3/5/10 u/s 406/379 IPC.
50. The officers of DRBT Cell, CID, WB secured the arrest of 2 (two) accused persons with the help of District Police namely (i) Kabinda Roy (ii) Babu Mondal (28) both of North 24-Parganas District and of Kashipur PS, Chitpur, Kolkata. They also recovered 70 Kgs (approx) Iron wire etc. in c/w Bally PS GDE No 1568 & 1569 dt 18/5/10 u/s 41 CrPC/379/411 IPC.
51. On 15/06/2010 at 17:35 hrs on the basis of a secret information DDI Coochbehar DD,CID , West Bengal alongwith other officers & men of Coochbehar DD held raid under Kotwali PS area at Harinchowra Railgate and arrested one Abu Motalif Hossain s/o Md. Afjal Hussain of Rajpur, Dandamari, PS Kotwali, Coochbehar and seized 77 Kgs Ganja from his possession. This refers to Kotwali ( Coochbehar) PS Case No. 459 dated 15/06/2010 u/s 20(B) NDPS Act
52. 2. On 04/06/2010 in between 15:10 hrs and 16:10 hrs. acting on a tip off, a team of officers & men of POWC cell ,accompanied by Dy. SP CID WB Shri Nirmal Kumar Bhattacharjee CID WB held raid at Jamai Hotel cum Brothel at Terapekhhya , JL No.-113. Anchal No. 3 , Kismatnaikundi near Mahishadal Bajar under PS Mahishadal, the following accused persons were arrested from the said hotel
i) Bikash Bhuiya @ Bhuto ( 42 years) s/o Lt Manik Bhuiya of village Sarberia Bhuiyapara, PS Mahishadal , Purba Medinipur
ii) Uttam Naskar s/o Gopal Naskar of Taldi , Village- Andheria, PS-Canning, South 24 Parganas.
iii) Haru Rana ( 19 years) s/o Khokon Rana of Indira Colony, Tamluk, PS Tamluk, Purba Medinipur.
iv) Monirul Islam @ Manu ( 28 years) s/o Sk Gazibur Rahaman of Lalpur, PS Bhagabanpur, Purba Medinipur.
v) Amit Mahato ( 23 years) s/o Gitu Mahato of Upper Banga, PS Gola, Hazaribag, Jharkhand , P/A- Basulia, PS-Sutahata, Purba Medinipur.
vi) Saifuddin Gazi ( 29 years) s/o Lt Punjab Ali Gazi of Soani, PS-Minakha, North 24 Parganas.
Police party rescued 4 minor girls and eight adult girls from the hotel. They were procured for commercial sexual exploitation by the above noted accused persons from different places and also seized condoms, diaries, empty liquor bottles, transaction note sheet, cash of Rs.14420/- as earnings from commercial sexual exploitation etc. . From gathering intelligence to execute the raids each and every peripherals had been planned meticulously towards raiding at least 20 (Twenty) rooms simultaneously in to the brothel. This shows the momentum and zeal of each and every CID WB personnel towards duty. A case has been started vide Mahishadal PS Case No. 118/10 dt. 04.06.2010 u/s 363/365/366A/372/373/120B/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act.
53. The prime suspect Santosh Singh (47), s/o Lt. Keshab Pr. Singh of Vill- Subhai, South Tola, PO-Subai, PS-Hazipur (Sadar), Dist. Baishali, Bihar was previously arrested on 26.04.10 in c/w Jadavpur PS Case no. 223/10 dt.26.04.10 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was shown arrested in Bally PS Case No. 21/09 dt. 29.01.09 u/s 363/365 IPC adding sec.302/201/120B IPC upon Production Warrant issued from Howrah Court on 11.05.10.
54. Officers of Homicide Squad arrested four persons namely (1) Santosh Singh (47), s/o Lt. Keshab Pr. Singh of Vill- Subhai, South Tola, PO-Subai, PS-Hazipur (Sadar), Dist. Baishali, Bihar. A/P C/O Shri Shyam Kishar Singh of 34/35 Bharpara RD, Salimar, PS- Shibpur, Dist. Howrah. (2) Awadesh Kr. Prasad (28) s/o Bhatar Prasad of Vill- Majhi, PS-Majhi, Dist, Chappra, Saran Bihar. A/P East Plant Bosty, Burmamines, Dist. Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. (3) Suresh Kr. Sukla (28) s/o Lt.Tarakeswar Sukla of vill- Bishnupur, PS- Rajapakar, Dist. Baishali, Bihar (4) Satish Chowdhury (28) s/o Lt. Rajendra Prasad Chowdhury of vill- Chandralay, PO- Do, PS-Hazipur Sadar, Dist. Baishali Bihar and recovered four improvised pipe gun and one improvised automatic pistol from their possession This refers to Jadavpur PS Case No. 223/10 dt.26.04.10 us 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act
55. 5. CID, West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/ 1A/ F (41) dt. 05-05-2010 was opened over the missing of one Soma Prodhan, 18 Yrs. D/o Srikanta Prodhan, 428 Tabin Road, Netaji Colony, PO – SBPO, PS – Baranagar, Dist – North 24-Parganas after receipt of a complaint from Mili Prodhan, the mother of the missing girl. All informative actions were taken accordingly. Lastly after long follow up , on the basis of a secret information the missing girl has been recovered from Nimta, North 24-Parganas. This is a good work on the part of MPB Section.
56. 6. One Krishna Sankar Show (17 Yrs.) S/o Mohan Das Show of 13/ 17 MNK Road, PS – Baranagar, Dist – North 24-Parganas was reported to have been missing since 29-05-10 from his residence. As per existing system the CID MPB took all informative actions. On the basis of a secret information, his location was detected at Mumbai, MPB Section issued an authorization letter to the father of the missing subject. At the same time the booth owner was requested to held up the boy and to handover the parents who is who is going to Mumbai with the photographs of the missing subject. Subsequently, the missing boy has been recovered. This is a good work on the part of the MPB, Section.
57. CID, West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010 / 5/ M (11) dt. 11-03-2010 was opened over the missing of one Bappa Dutta (36 Yrs.) D/o Dhiren Dutta, 101 Jayantanagore, PO – Hindmotor, PS – Uttarpara, Dist – Hooghly.All informative measures like telecasting, broadcasting and publication in daily leading news-paper was done. On the basis of a secret information, his location was detected at Sabang PS area under District Paschim Medinipur. A letter was issued to the father of the missing subject and O/C Sabang was requested to help the father of the missing person. Thus by the long effort of the missing section the person was recovered from Sabang PS area.This is a good work on the part of the missing subject.
58. On 24.04.2010 a composite team of CID West Bengal , accompanied by Dy. SP CID WB Shri Nirmal Kumar Bhattacharjee CID WB have conducted a raid and rescue operation and was able to rescue 05(Five) Victims girls, at least 2(Two) of them appeared to be minored. A raid was held on the said date at 6 no. Panchanantala Road, PS Thakurpukur Dist. South 24 Prgs. The police party arrested 03 (Three) out of them 2 (Two) were female accused. A case has been started vide Thakururpukur PS Case No. 301/10 dt. 24.04.2010 u/s 363/366A/372/376/34 IPC & 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITP Act. Out of 05(five) rescued victim girls, 3(thee) victim girls have been released by the Ld. A.C.J.M. Alipore on their personal bond, and remaining 02 victim girls are presently under safe custody in a Shelter Home, North 24 Prgs as per order of Ld. A.C.J.M. Alipore.
59. As per order of Superior Officer , Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, Inspector of Police, CID West Bengal along with officers and men of POWC Cell,CID proceeded to Kadiri PS for holding raid and rescue operation in c/w Kadiri Town PS Case No. Cr.No. 162/08 u/s 366A/372/373/376(2) (G) / 34 IPC & 3/4/5/6 of ITP Act. Smt. S. Bhattacharjee was assigned to interview the nine victim girls of West Bengal, rescued by Andhra Pradesh Police and kept at Rural Development Trust Home, Anantapur and took necessary action accordingly. And after making preliminary verification about 6 (Six) victim girls the POWC team and guardians of 5 (Five) victim girls had been to Kadiri PS Dist. Anantapur and met with IO T. Anjaneyulu C.I. Kadiri and came to know that the investigation was almost completed. He had no objection to bring back the those girls to West Bengal. O/C POWC, CID, West Bengal S. Bhattacharjee along with all the guardians went to R.D.T Home, Anantapur and interacted all the victim girls 9 (Nine) and it revealed that all the nine girls have their origin in West Bengal State and amongst them 7 (Seven) victim girls expressed their willingness to go back to West Bengal but two of them stated that they have no relatives in West Bengal, they are eager to stay at R.D.T Home Anantapur. Relatives of 5 (Five) victim girls have identified their daughter/sister and vice-versa and one victim girl was identified on the basis of documents submitted by her uncle but he was unable to accompany CID team from West Bengal to Kadiri due to sudden illness. After interaction with those victim girls, all the guardians of those victim girls again came back to Kadiri PS / Court filed a petition with all documents to the Addl. Judicial Magistrate of First Class praying for giving custody of nine victim girls from R.D.T Home Andhra Pradesh to a Shelter Home in West Bengal for safe custody. On submission of that prayer Smt. S. Bhattacharjee tried to meet with Ld. AJM of FC for pursuing the matter. She came to know that the Court had already decided to verify the documents of the victim girls and he may enquire the parentage and home status u/s 16 and 17A of ITP Act by appointing District Probationer Officer and until then none could be handed over. All the 9 (Nine) victim girls of West Bengal were then shifted to Prajjyala Home, Hyderabad for safe custody.
60. On 18/06/2010 evening, Shri Goutam Ghoshal, CI, Bagdogra with force raided the house of one Indrajit roy at Patiram Jote , PS-Matigara and arrested 1) Chila Rai @ Tirtha Burman (23), S/o Shri Avilash Barman of Village – Sharal – Kantakura, PS – Habibpur, Dist. – Malda. (2) Pratap Barman (40), S/o Lt. Joychand Barman of Dhulahar, PO – Chakbaliram, PS – Tapan, Dist. – Dakshin Dinajpur and (3) Indrajit Roy (28) @ Deb, S/o Shri Prasanna Roy of Patiram Jot, PS – Matigara, Dist. – Darjeeling and seized one 9mm improvised fire arms loaded with 6 rounds of 7.65 live ammunitions one magazine loaded with 7 rounds of 7.65 live ammunitions. Darjeeling DD is investigating the case.
61. On 15/07/2010 afternoon from 17:05 to 18:25 hrs, in pursuance of a secret information, Officers of DRBT Cell and MTS CID, WB namely Inspr. S.K. Halder, Inspr. Pradip Dasgupta, SI Sougata Ghosh, SI Krishnendu Ghosh arrested seven (7) accused persons namely 1) Noor Sk 2) Prashanta Halder 3) Nemai Halder 4) Uttam Naskar 5) Khalil Molla 6) Siraj Sk 7) Sk Mehedi Hassan from Howrah Railway Station Complex near the Tatkal Ticket Counter and seized
I) one country made 12 Bore pipe gun
II) one country made pipe gun
III) one country made pipe gun
IV) 6 Pcs of Live 12 Bore Cartridges
V) 4 Pcs of .32 Bore Live Cartridges
VI) 2 Pcs knives
VII) two iron rods.
They had assembled at the place for going to Bajkul under Bhagabanpur PS, East Medinipur with preparation for committing dacoity and thereby prevented the crime.
Over the suo-moto complaint of Inspector Shri Swapan Halder, O/C DRBT Section,CID , Howrah GRPS Case No. 205 dated 15/07/2010 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act was started.
62. On 26/06/2010 at 13:45 hrs , officers and forces of PS Englishbazar , Malda arrested 1) Alam Sk (27 years) 2) Anarul Sk @ Muddin 3) Rajib Sk 4) Fitu Sk 5) Paravati Basak from Susthani More under PS Englishbazar , Malda and seized total Rs. 12 Lakh FICN from their possession ( 2400 pcs of FICN of denomination Rs.500/- and 24 separate bundles each contains 100 notes total amounting of Rs. 12,00000/-). SOG Section of CID, West Bengal took up the investigation on 21/07/2010. This refers to Englishbazar PS Case No. 526 dated 26/06/2010 u/s 489B/489C IPC.
63. On 27/07/2010 Shri Ananta Kr. Kapri, Ld. Addl. Session Judge, 2nd Court , Malda passed Judgement u/s 302/34 IPC in c/w Gazole PS Case no. 39/92 dated 30/04/1992 u/s 302 IPC ( GR No. 57/92 & SSL No. 25/98) . Control of investigation of the case was assumed by CID, West Bengal on 25/05/1994 and the then DDI Malda DD, Inspector Shri H. Ghosh supervised the case. The case was Charge Sheeted vide Gazole PS Charge Sheet No. 94 dated 21/12/1994 by CID, West Bengal. The following accused persons namely
a. Ranjan Majumder s/o Ramesh Majumder of Nangra Simul PS- Gazole
b. Kamana Kumar Majumder s/o Ramesh Majumder of Nangra Simul PS- Gazole
c. Ananta Majumder s/o Gour Gopal Majumder of Krishnanagar , PS-Gazole
d. Badal Majumder s/o Pran Gopal Majumder of Krishnanagar , PS-Gazole all of Malda District were sentenced for Life Imprisonment and to pay fine of Rs.5000/ each and in case of default of payment, they will undergo Simple Imprisonment for 6 ( six) months more.
64. On 09-04-10, one Arun Kumar Mondal S/o Santosh Kumar Mondal of 6/B/2 D.S. Lane, PO – Konnagar, PS – Uttarpara, Dist – Hooghly came to CID, MPB Section and reported that his daughter (19 Yrs.) a second year student of Uttarpara College reported to have been missing since 08-04-10. Arun Mondal lodged a missing diary at Uttarpara PS vide No. 497 dt. 09-04-10 and MPB File No. 56-2010/ 5/ F dt. 09-04-10 was also opened. Another missing file vide No. 56-2010/5/M (17) dt. 04-05-10 was also opened against one Subhojit Roy (19 Yrs.) S/o Probir Roy of 12 (9/1) K.C. Chatterjee Street, PO – Baidyabati, PS – Sreerampur, Dist – Hooghly. This has also reference to Sreerampore PS GDE No. 566 dt. 08-04-2010. During enquiry it revealed that both the girl and Subhojit were students of a College and their guardians were called at the College by the Principal for same of their indiscipline behavior on 07-04-10. It may be that for the above matter they jointly left for unknown destination. On the basis of some information and points supplied by the parents of the missing subject messages were sent to Crime Branches of Mumbai/ Orissa/ Delhi/ Karnatak and NCRBs of those states with frequent persuasion. Call centers of Bangalore were also contacted through photographs. In pursuance of secret information, their location was detected at Jallandhar. A letter was issued to Probir Roy, father of the missing subject for assistance of local police at Jallandhar. The missing boy and girl were ecovered from there. This is obviously a remarkable achievement of the part of MPB Section.
65. On 28/06/2010 in between 17:15 and 17:45 hrs. following a secret information, a team of CID, WB headed by Inspector Shri Pradip Dasgupta (MTS,CID) , WCT/66 Ashutosh Chakraborty ( MTS), WCT/255 Nityananda Mukherjee ( DRBT) had been to Muchibazar ( Kolkata) PS area and succeeded to recover and seize one stolen TATA Sumo car bearing Registration No. WB26C 7964, Engine No. 483BLS6JTZ725632, Chassis No. 446155JTZ942297 and arrested one accused person Mustafa Khan ( 33) s/o Murtaza Khan of 12 Hazi Md. Suare, PS- Tiljala , Kolkata- 700 016. Subsequently during investigation it could be ascertained that the above noted car is the stolen recovered property of Bagnan PS Case No. 98 dated 06/04/2010. The actual Registration Number of the said car is WB30C8904. The control of investigation has been assumed by CID West Bengal.
66. Tiljala PS Case No. 199 dated 11/06/2010 u/s 506(b)/507 IPC & 66A IT Act relates to a threat E-Mail received at Heritage Institute of Technology and Academy regarding explosion of Bomb. The officers of DRBT Cell and Cyber Crime Cell, CID, West Bengal could be able to identify the person Rakesh Singh ( 41 years) of 130 Block –C, Bangur Avenue, Kolkata-55, PS Lake Town who sent the threat E-Mail. He was arrested and his Laptop was seized by Police.
67. Sonarpur PS Case No. 430 dated 13/07/2010 u/s 360/366 (A) IPC relates to kidnapping of a minor girl ( 15 years) d/o Shri Ashoke Kumar Singh of Radha Housing PS Sonarpur district- South 24 Parganas by one Indranil Bhattacharjee of the same locality. SI Krishnendu Ghosh of DRBT Cell assisted in the investigation of the above case as per order and on 26/07/2010 SI Krishnendu Ghosh could be able to recover victim girl and thereby arrested the accused person Indranil Bhattacharjee.
68. CID West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/ 5/ F (8) dt. 19-07-10 was opened over the missing of one Soma Dutta (18 Yrs.) D/o Pijush Kanti Dutta, P.C Chandra Road, PO+PS – Arambag, Dist – Hooghly. This refers to Arambag PS GDE No. 1177 dt. 18-07-10. All informative actions i.e. broadcasting, telecasting and publication in leading newspapers were done. But the girl could not be recovered. During local enquiry, it came to light that the missing girl grew some love affairs with one Sekhar Das S/o Satrughna Das of Kalaikunda Airbase, Dist – Paschim Medinipur. Due to constant effort, it was possible to made contact with Sekhar Das. Both Soma and Sekhar admitted that they got married and had been residing at Kalaikunda Quarter. The parents had also been informed. This is a good work on the part of MPB Section.
69. One girl had been missing since 01-06-10 from Vill – Chandpur, PO – Gugberia, PS – Ghola, Dist – North 24-Parganas. This refers to Ghola PS GDE No. 959 dt. 08-06-10 and CID, MPB Missing File No. 56-2010/ 1A/ F (53) dt. 19-07-10. All informative actions were taken accordingly. Over the secret information, location of the said girl was fixed at Turba, Navi Mumbai. The matter was negotiated through Social Service Department, Mumbai and Turbe Police Station. On the basis of constant persuasion with Mumbai Social Service Department, the missing girl was recovered from a brothel at Mumbai. A specific case was started in this regard and she was deposited to Mumbai CWC. The team had proceeded to Mumbai to recover the missing girl. This is obviously a good work on the part of MPB CID, WB.
70. On 17/07/2010 one Naser Ali aged about 7 years of village Bajedhanya under PS-Singur was kidnapped from his residence. Ransom call was made to the complainant for recovery of the victim boy. SI Tathagata Pandey & SI Swarup Kumar Saha of SOG Cell ,CID, West Bengal were detailed to associate with the case. Due to prompt action of SOG Officers, the gang was detected and later on the victim boy was recovered. All the criminals namely 1. Sk Nazim @ Bapi (18) s/o Sk Saidulla of SoroDurgapur PS-Memari, District-Burdwan 2. Moloy Mondal (29) s/o Lt. Gobinda Mondal of Ganapatinagar, Palbari near Gas Godown, Jagannath Mandir , PS- Kotwali ( Paschal Medinipur) 3. Samir Khetrapal @ Fuchin s/o Annaya Khetropal of Soro Durgapur, PS- Memari, District-Burdwan were arrested and the offending vehicle bearing no. WB02C-3185 was also recovered.
71. On 15.08.2010 a composite team of CID WB accompanied by Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, Inspector of Police, POWC Cell, CID WB had conducted a raid in Bihar and able to arrest one FIR named accused namely Abrar Ali (31) S/O Ichha Miya of Vill – Bagoana, PS Sisavan, Dist. Siwan, Bihar. This refers to Basirhat PS Case NO. 303/09 dt. 23/07/2010 u/s 363/366/372 & 4/5 ITP Act.
72. SI Joybrata Ganguly of POWC Cell , CID WB investigated Regent Park PS case no. 31/07 dt. 11/03/07 u/s 363/365/366A/372 IPC and well monitored the trial of the case. Following a successful trial by Fast Track Court ( 8th Court), Alipore, the trial of the case was ended in conviction against the only accused person Smt. Sumitra Sardar, the aunt of the victim girl in this case who was sold out to Mumbai for prostitution. The IO arrested the FIR named accused during investigation and rescued the victim girl from Mumbai. Accused Smt. Sumitra Sardar had been sentenced to five years R/I together with Rs. 2000/- fine in default of which three months more R/I.
73. On 30.08.2010, SI Joybrata Ganguly, , POWC Cell, CID WB, IO of Jaygaon PS Case No. 248/10 dt. 14/07/2010 u/s 363/363A (i)/366A IPC read with Section 34 IPC conducted a raid in Chhotomechia Basti under Jaygaon PS, Jalpaiguri District, and able to arrest one FIR named accused namely Sonu Lama (39) S/O Lt. Jit Bahadur Lama of Chhoto Mechhia Basti, PS Jaygaon, Dist. Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. The case was registered by OC Jaygaon PS as suomotu. The arrested accused persons is the uncle of the victim girl, who was caught by IGI, Air Port, New Delhi Police while traveling with a fake Passport in the name of Mrs. Taradevi Pulami and was proceeding to Kuwait.
74. On the complaint of Shri Atmaram Sridhar Gawade of Flat No. 204 Pankti, CHS, Plot No. 19, Savarknagar, Panchpakhadi, Thane ( West), PS- Mulund, Mulund PS (Mumbai) CR No. 289/10 dated 14/07/2010 u/s 406/34 IPC was started. This is case of misappropriation of 600 (six hundred) gms., gold by accused Ramen Pramanik @ Raju (29 years) s/o Saroj Pramanik of Ramnagar, near Rama Travels, PO-Khanakul, District-Hooghly,West Bengal & others. The accused person had been absconding since long and had escaped from Mumbai. On the basis of requisition made by the I.O. of the case and as per order of Superior Officers of CID, a raid was conducted on 19/08/2010 evening by officers and men of DRBT Cell, CID,WB and the prime accused person namely Ramen pramanik @ Raju s/o Saroj Pramanik of vill-Khanakul , PO + PS-Khanakul, near Rama Travels, Hooghly was arrested u/s 41 Cr.P.C. in c/w the above noted case from Bidhan Nagar area, near Coochbehar Bhaban, North 24 Parganas. The arrested accused person was produced before Ld. Court on 20/08/2010.
75. On 22/4/2010 morning , 3/4 unknown miscreants being armed with fire arms committed robbery in UP Canning Sealdah Local and looted away cash of Rs.88,500/-, mobile phone etc from one Rajesh Sah. Over his written complaint, Sonarpore G.R.P.S Case No.11/10 Dt. 22.04.10 U/S 394 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act. was started against the unknown miscreants.
During supervision by C.I.D WB ,as per secret information, O.C Sonarpore G.R.P.S. was informed and on the basis of the information he was able to arrest one Khalek Mistry of Uttar Patikhali, P.S Jibantola, 24 pgs.(s), detected the entire gang and recovered some portion of stolen articles.
76. On 09.06.2010 the driver of tanker no. NL OIG/2356 loaded with 19.85MT of palm oil from M/S Emami Biotech Ltd., Haldia started for transporting the same to Sainthia, Birbhum. But the driver with other accd. persons misappropriated the entire consignment which refers to Bhabanipore P.S case no. 104/10 dt. 21.06.2010 u/s 420/407/408/379 IPC. During supervision of the case by CID, West Bengal, the location of the accd. driver and other suspects were detected from secret information and it was accordingly informed to O.C Bhabanipore P.S. The I.O of the case of Bhabanipore P.S held raid on the basis of the information and secured arrest of the accd. driver Tara Hussain Khan and 02 others and recovered the stolen tanker and some portion of the stolen palm oil from their possession.
77. CID West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/ 1/F (89) dt. 13-09-10 was opened over the missing of one Smt. Tumpa Mondal (24 Yrs.) W/o Ananta Mondal, Vill-Purbashapur, PO – Champahati, PS – Sonarpur, Dist – South 24-Parganas since 11-09-10. This has also reference to Sonarpur PS GDE No. 1078 dt. 11-09-10. As usual all informative actions i.e. telecasting, broadcasting and publication in daily leading newspaper were made. From secret information, location of the missing girl was traced in Pune, Maharastra. A team from CID West Bengal went to Pune and with the help of local police, the team of CID, West Bengal recovered the missing lady from Pune on 27/09/2010.
78. One Kumari Kavita Jha (19 Yrs.) D/o Dharmendra Jha of Flat No. 3D, PO – Rajarhat, Dist – North 24-Parganas was reported to have been missing since 28-08-2010. This has reference to New Town PS GDE No. 1429 dt. 28-08-10. The Missing Person Bureau, CID, West Bengal had been informed and subsequently CID, West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/1A/F (64) dt. 31-08-10 was opened. In this regard, a specific case had been lodged at New Town PS vide New Town PS Case No. 233 dated 01/09/2010 u/s 363/366 IPC &. It was detected that one Sonu Kumar Pandey S/o Ram Rajya Panday, Vill+PO – Neerleppur, PS – Haldi, Balia (Uttar Pradesh) had kidnapped the girl. Said Sonu Kumar Pandey presented himself as an IPS officer and used to travel by car with red becon lamp. On a secret information, location of the missing person, Kavita Jha was traced at a place “Jaydev” under PS-New Township, Durgapur, District-Burdwan. A team of Special Operation Group, CID ,West Bengal comprising of SI Tathagata Pandey, SI Pallab Kumar Ganguly, SI Swarup Kumar Saha, WCT-36 Goutam Bhattacharya alongwith SI P K Shaw of New Town PS held raid at a residential quarter at a place “Jaydev” under PS-New Township, Durgapur, District-Burdwan and apprehended the accused person Sonu Kumar Pandey. The missing girl was subsequently recovered from the same address at Durgapur.
79. One Pratyush Sharma S/o Satish Sharma Radha Madhab Mandir, 527 Dum Dum Park, North 24-Parganas was reported to have been missing since 14-09-10 from his residence. This refers to Lake Town PS GDE No. 607 dt. 12-09-10 and CID, West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/1A/M (73) dt. 14-09-10. During enquiry by CID, MPB Section, on a secret information, location of the missing person was detected at Phulbagan area in Kolkata. The area was searched thoroughly and the missing boy has been recovered and handed over to his parent by local Police Station of Kolkata.
80. On 11/08/2010 one Truck bearing Registration Number OR15C-3145 loaded with 484 Pcs. of Alluminium ingots from NALCO, ANGUL,Orissa through Maruti Transport started its journey for delivering the same to Lomino Industries, Jungalpur, Howrah. The consignment did not reach its destination in due time. Over the complaint of Shri Pradip Kumar Swain, owner of the involved vehicle, Sankrail PS Case No. 417 dated 16/08/2010 u/s 409 IPC was registered. During investigation, on secret information, the involvement of one accused namely Subrata Golui @ Bakra ( 30 years) s/o Lt Basudeb Golui of Madhyakhalia, Chamrail, PS-Liluah, District- Howrah , transpired in this case. On 23/09/2010 the said accused Subrata Golui alongwith one Santosh Jaiswal (30 years) of Madhyakhalia, Chamrail, PS-Liluah, District- Howrah, were arrested . On the basis of their confession, another accused named Sambhu Gupta ( 38 years) s/o Lt Ramjiban Gupta of 51 A C Banerjee Road, Ariadaha, Lilabati Appartment, PS-Belghoria , District- North 24 Parganas was also arrested. On the basis of their confessional statement, a raid was held by SI Sankar Chandra Das, SI DipankarDas, SI Chandranath Chakraborty under leadership of Inspector Shri Tapan Kumar Sarkar and Inspector Shri S R Ghosh of Railway & Highway Crime Cell,CID at two Alluminium Factories at Gopal Ghosh Lane under Malipachghora PS, District-Howrah and 1100 Kgs of Alluminium plates and ingots were seized as suspicious property. The actual stolen properties have been melted away by the suspect. No person has been arrested as yet.
81. On the basis of source information, on 15/09/2010 at 11:00 hrs., officers and men of Nadia DD, organized a raid under the leadership of Inspector Shri Arun Kumar Das of SCU, CID,West Bengal and arrested 1) Sirajul Chowdhury ( 65 years) s/o Lt Jahur of Number 3 , 14 Rashi , PS- Raidighi, District- South 24 Parganas , 2) Rahim Bari Molla ( 37 years) s/o Abdul Molla of Number 3 , 14 Rashi , PS- Raidighi, District- South 24 Parganas and 3) Akhtar Molla ( 33 years) s/o Unis of Baidyapara, PS- Raidighi , District-South 24 Parganas and recovered 230 grams Heroin from their possession. This refers to Kotwali (Nadia) PS Case No. 686 dated 15/09/2010 u/s 21B/29 NDPS Act.
82. On 01/10/2010, the 12 (Twelve) recovered victim girls were brought by a team of Central Police Station, Thane, Maharashtra with the help of POWC Cell, CID WB. and after producing the order of Ld. Court of Jt.CJJD, Ullasnagar, Thane, Maharstra, the team in - charge sought for necessary assistance for handing over custody of the recovered girls safely to their parents in the villages.
83. 2) On 04/10/2010, a team of officers and men of CID WB under the direct supervision of Superior Officer had been to Kamatipura, Mumbai, Pune, Faraskhana PS area and Deccan PS area in connection with Dholahat PS case No. 137/09, Dt: 29.05.09, u/s 366/363/372/120(B)IPC. In course of investigation at Mumbai, they had come in touch with the Nabajivan Mahila Basti Griha, Chembur & Deonar Home, Mankurh, Mumbai & found that there are many girls of West Bengal who had been recovered & kept. However, the police team brought back 10 (ten) minor girls from Deonar Home & 6(six) girls from Nabajiban Mahila Basti Griha & handed over them to Sanlap Home, Narendrapur, District-South 24 Parganas. The following victim girls were brought from different Homes in Mumbai under the order of Ld. Court of CWC Sububran, District. Mankhurd, Mumbai – 88.
The Police team of CID contacted the parents of 13(thirteen) girls through local Police Stations for reuniting them with their families including 2(two) victim girls of Baro Khulia, PS: Baliapal, Dist: Balasore, Orissa & of Saontapara, PS: Kandi, Murshidabad who are wanted in connection with Baliapal(Orisa) PS case No. 31/10, dt: 11/03/10, u/s 366 IPC & Kandi (MSD) PS case No. 475/09 respectively. Accordingly they were handed over to their guardians through Sanlap Home. Effort is being made for reuniting the rest three girls.
84. On 11/10/2010 a team of CID under the leadership of Inspector of Police, POWC Cell, CID WB had been to Paniparul to conduct raid in c/w Ramnagar PS Case No. - 135 dt.- 03.11.2007 u/s 366 IPC r/w 5 ITPA and arrested one FIR named accused Soma Sasmal D/O Laxman of Paniparul PS Egra, Dist. Purba Medinipur,
85. On 12/10/2010 a team of CID WB under the leadership of Inspector of Police, CID WB with officers and men of CID WB had been to Basirhat to conduct raid and rescued victim girls from the Mondal Brothel at Basirhat. This refers to Basirhat PS Case No. 399/10 dt. 12/10/2010 u/s 363/366A/366B/372/373 read with section 34 of the IPC and 3/4/5/6/7/9 ITPA .
The police team arrested the following accused persons.
a) Tajirul Mondal @ Bablu (52) S/O Late Bisu Mondal of Vill + PO. Mati Bazar, PS Basirhat, Dist. North 24 Prgs.
b) Safikul Gazi (20) S/O Late Piar Ali Gazi of Katakhali, PO. Barunhal, PS Hingalgunje, Dist. North 24 Prgs.
c) Zakir Hussain (22) S/O Late Anwar Morol of vill. Barunhal, PO. Matikumra, Jigirgach, Dist. Jessore, Bangladesh.
d) Biplab Kumar Mondal (39) S/O Late Barundranath Mondal of Noapara, PO. Kharampur, PS Hasnabad, Dist. North 24 Prgs.
Two victim girls were recovered
86. On 20/10/2010 a team of CID WB under the leadership of Inspector of Police, CID WB had to Madinata under Baduria PS to conduct raid and arrested on Puja Das @ Puja Mondal @ Anita Mondal of Vill. Madinatala, PS Baduria, PO. Gandharbpur, Dist. North 24 Prgs She is FIR named accused person in c/w Ramnagar PS Case No. 135 dt. 03/11/2007 u/s 366 IPC & 5 ITP Act.
87. Two SBBL guns were seized from the possession of accused Harisankar Singh & Odut Mollah in connection with Tiljala PS case No. 05/10, dt: 04/01/10, u/s 467/468/471/472/474/34 IPC. The case is investigated by S.I Sougata Ghosh of MTS Section,CID,West Bengal
88. On 27/10/2010 at 01:40 hrs. acting on a secret information, the following officers and men of SOG,CID, West Bengal, held a raid at Krishnapur, Majherpara, PS – Baguihati, Dist. – North 24 Parganas .
(i) Inspr. Abas Nandi
(ii) Inspr. K. Ghosh Dostider
(iii) S.I. Swarup Saha
(iv) S.I. Pallab Kr. Ganguli
(v) A.S.I. Timir Kanti Acharyee
(vi) WC-T-36 Goutam Bhattacharjee
(vii) WC-T-104 Ratan Bhowmic.
(viii) WC-T-1454 Ganesh Chatterjee
They recovered the following arms and ammunitions and articles during the raid.
i) 2 pieces 9 mm Pistol
ii) 2 pieces single shorter.
iii) 2 pieces extra magazine
iv) 9 pieces .410 ammunitions.
v) 3 pieces ammunitions of 9 mm pistol.
vi) one poly pack of Sri Krishna bedding of VIP, Krishnapur, Kolkata which
were unloose from their possession.
The accused persons left the above noted articles on their way of escaping.
One Patla @ Sanjit, Rajesh and 05 unknown other persons o were assembled for committing house dacoity at Krishnapur, Majherpara, PS – Baguihati, Dist. – North 24 Parganas. None of them were arrested. This refers to Baguihati PS Case No. – 466/10 dt. 27/10/2010 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27 Arms Act. The case is being investigated by LSI Salma Chakraborty of SOG Section.
89. CID West Bengal Missing File No. 56-2010/ 1A/ F (73) dt. 13-11-10 was opened over the missing of one Ranita Dey D/o Ranjit Kr. Dey of 78/1D Maharaja Nandakumar Road, PO+PS – Baranagore, Dist – North 24-Pgs. after receiving a complaint from her father. This refers to Baranagore PS GDE No. 76 dt. 01-11-10. She left home on 01-11-10 for going to take private tuition. From secret information her location was detected at Park Circus area two times. Her father was accordingly informed and necessary help and assistance were rendered to her father through the local Police Station. CID, MPB had also taken all informative actions after opening the file. On 30-11-2010 Shri Ranjit Kumar Dey, father of the missing girl came to MPB,CID and informed in writing that he got back her daughter.
90. On 18/11/2010 afternoon, in between 19:35 hrs and 20:25 hrs. in pursuance of a secret information, officers of Motor Theft Squad,CID, West Bengal, Inspector Shri Tapan Aditya, SI Sougata Ghosh, SI Soumen Pal and others arrested the following six (6) veteran dacoits namely
1. Sukumar Dutta (29 years) s/o Bhusan Dutta of Balidaha, PS - Gurap, District - Hooghly.
2. Sk Abu Salem (23) s/o Sk Abdul Kalam of Vastara, Abhirampur, PS- Gurap, District - Hooghly.
3. Sultan Mondal @ Madhu @ Toppejal Sk (25 years) s/o Yakub Mondal of Khaldharpara, Balagarh, PS - Balagarh, District - Hooghly.
4. Sk Badsah (22 years) s/o Sk Amzad Hossen of Kansahipur, Biramdanga, PS - Gurap, District - Hooghly.
5. Basu Mallik (25) s/o Chandirampur, Beledanga, PS - Haringhata, District - Nadia.
6. Khokan Debnath (28) s/o Sudhanya Debnath of udaypally, Kanchan Nagar, PS - Burdwan, District - Burdwan.
The police arrested them from B.C.Road, Juhurypotty, PS- Burdwan while they had assembled at the place for preparation for committing dacoity and to kidnap a Gold Merchant and recovered
1) One country made pipe gun, measuring about 9” (nine inches) from butt to barrel.
2) Five pieces of live 8 mm cartridges.
3) One dagger with sharp cutting edges and butts ( approx 9.5” in length)
4) One 5 cm x 5 mm white adhesive leucoplast.
5) One 3 ft long red coloured nylon rope.
6) One rough sketch map of the place of targeted offence.
This referes to Burdwan PS Case No. 802 dated 18/11/2010 u/s 399/402 IPC & 25/27/35 Arms Act.
During period in Police Remand, one of these criminals namely Sultan Mondal confessed his own involvement alongwith others in Balagarh PS Case No. 101 dated 04/09/2010 u/s 379 IPC which relates to an incident of Motor Cycle theft. He further assured police for recovering the stolen motor cycle and helping in apprehension of rest of the gang members. As such the control of investigation of Balagarh PS Case No. 101 dated 04/09/2010 was assumed on 30/11/2010 and process initiated to take the ccused persons in Police Remand after showing them as shown arrested.
91. On 05/11/2010 at 13:55 hrs, in pursusance of a secret information, Inspector Shri Arun Kumar Das of Special Crime Unit, CID, West Bengal camped at Nadia DD, CID, West Bengal alongwith SI Md. Jamaluddin of Nadia DD and other forces held a raid at Bethuadahari Regulated Market under PS- Nakashipara and arrested two accused persons namely 1) Gopal Halder 2) Goutam Chandra and recovered one Honda 125 CC Motor Cycle bearing no. WB 58 M-3754, Engine No. JC 36E9558281 and Chassis No. ME4JC 366A8374349. This refers to Nakashipara PS Case No. 641 dated 05/11/2010 u/s 379/411/413 IPC.
92. On 27/11/2010 morning, in pursuance of a secret information, Inspector Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee of POWC, CID, West Bengal, accompanied by officers and men rushed to the Howrah Railway Station to work out the information that one Md. Israil @ Kalam @ Akash ( 40 years) of 14 No. Elliot Road, Kolkata – 700 019 was proceeding to traffick a minor girl from Howrah Railway Station. The police party apprehended said Md. Israil and recovered a victim girl namely of Dum Dum Road area , near Hanuman Mandir, PS Dum Dum, Kolkata from his custody. The accused person was arrested for trafficking the minor girl for commercial sexual exploitation in exchange of huge amount of money to entertain the customers. On the basis of the complaint of Inspector Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, O/C POWC Cell as well as Anti Human Trafficking Unit, CID,WB , Howrah GRPs Case No. 423/10 dt. 27/11/2010 u/s 363/366A/367/372 IPC & 5 ITP Act was registered. The victim girl stayed at a Government Home in the District- Howrah as per order of Ld. ACJM Court, Howrah.
93. On 30/11/2010 night, in pursuance of a secret information, SI Manas Dey, SI Swarup Saha, SI Pallab Kumar Ganguly, SI Joy roychowdhury, ASI Timir Kanti Acharjee, W/C-T-36 Goutam Bhattacharjee, WCT-155 Ajit Singha Roy, C-1454 Ganesh Chatterjee and special force of SOG Section, CID, West Bengal held a raid at Dunlop Tyre Factory, Sahaganj, PS-Chinsurah, District-Hooghly and arrested the following Security Guards namely
i) Santosh Yadav ( 28 years) s/o Ad.Behari Yadav of village –Matirampur, PS- Sadapur, District- Bhojpur, Bihar
ii) Joy Prakash Yadav (31 years) s/o Awadh Yadav of Damodarpur PS-Salapur, District- Bhojpur, Bihar
iii) Anil Gupta (28 years) s/o Hira Gupta of Village-Rajpur, PS-Rajpur, District-Boxar, Bihar
iv) Saryendra Kumar Singh ( 38 years) s/o Ramkirit Singh of Basantpur, District- Sewan, Bihar
v) Sushil Singha ( 21 years) s/o Basant Singh of Village- Gonguli, PS- Dehri, District- Rohtas, Bihar
and recovered and seized the following arms and ammunitions.
i) One DBBL gun with wooden butt length ( 3’7”) with 4 numbers of Bullet, each of 6 cm length and 2 cm diameter.
ii) One SBBL gun with wooden butt length ( 3’6”) with 6 numbers of Bullet, each of 6 cm length and 2 cm diameter.
iii) One SBBL gun with wooden butt length ( 4”) with 4 numbers of Bullet each of 6 cm length and 2 cm diameter.
iv) One SBBL gun with wooden butt length ( 4”) with 4 numbers of Bullet each of 6 cm length and 2 cm diameter.
v) One SBBL gun with wooden butt length ( 3’7”) with 6 numbers of Bullet each of 6 cm length and 2 cm diameter.
This refers to Chinsurah PS Case No. 322 dated 01/12/2010 u/s 25(i)(a)(b) Arms Act.
94. In puesuance of secret information, Inspr. Shri Debashish Ghosh, SI Sougata Ghosh , W/C 66 Asutosh chkaraborty of MTS Section,CID held a raid on 21/11/2010 in between 19:35 hrs and 20:15 hrs at Bongaon Town area and apprehended one Alok Sarkar (29) s/o Lt Surjakanta of Kalmegha, PS-Bongaon and recovered three improvised small fire arms with one round .9mm live cartridge from his house at Kalmegha as led shown and identified by him. The arrested accused person is notorious and working in arms dealing specially in cross border arms supply, procuring the arms as an agent from Jamalpur, Bihar. This refers to Bongaon PS Case No. 538 dated 21/11/2010 u/s 25(i)(a)/27 Arms Act.
95. In puesuance of secret information, Inspr. Shri Swapan Halder, O/C DRBT, Inspector Shri Sisir Roy, DDI South Industrial DD, SI Atish Chatterjee of DRBT Section , SI Krishnendu Mondal of South Industrial DD and men of CID West Bengal held a raid on 15/12/2010 at 16:30 hrs in the house of accused person namely 1) Anil Bhowmick (45 years) s/o Lt Narendra Nath Bhowmick of 124 Kalimohon Roy Chowdhury Road, P.O.- Dakshin Jagaddal, PS- Sonarpur, South 24 Parganas and 2) Smt. Joymoni Bhowmick ( 42 years) w/o Anil Bhowmick of do and recovered 5 victim girls and arrested said two accused persons namely Anil Bhowmick and Smt. Joymoni Bhowmick.
1) Anil Bhowmick (45 years) s/o Lt Narendra Nath Bhowmick of 124
Kalimohon Roy Chowdhury Road, P.O.- Dakshin Jagaddal, PS- Sonarpur, South 24 Parganas
2) Smt. Joymoni Bhowmick ( 42 years) w/o Anil Bhowmick of 124
Kalimohon Roy Chowdhury Road, P.O.- Dakshin Jagaddal, PS- Sonarpur, South 24 Parganas
The arrested accused persons had kidnapped/abducted the aforesaid five victim girls and induced them to undergo sex work and engaged those girls in commercial sexual activities at that premises which was located in a residential area. This refers to Sonarpur PS Case No. 936 dated 15/12/2010 u/s 366/366A/120 B IPC and 3/4/5/6 IPT Act 1956.
96. In pursuance of a secret source information, on 18/12.2010 at 14:25 hours Inspector Shri Krishnendu Ghosh Dastidar, O/C SOG,CID, West Bengal alongwith SI Pallab Ganguly, SI Joy Roychowdhury, SI Swarup Saha, LSI Salma Chakraborty, Constable -1454 Ganesh Chatterjee and other men all of SOG,CID, held a raid at 23 No. Baje Shibpur Road, 1st Floor,PS-Shibpur District-Howrah and arrested one accused M. Venkatramna Rao @ Rana ( 36 years) s/o Lt Laxminarayan Rao of 73 /3 Atindra Mukherjee Lane,PS-Shibpur, Howrah-711101 and 23 No. Baje Shibpur Road, 1st Floor,PS-Shibpur District-Howrah and recovered one improvised six-chanbered firearms having length of 9 inches loaded with 2 rounds of .38 ammunitions. On being asked the said arrested accused person failed to produce any valid licence in support of the said arms and ammunitions in his possession. The arrested accused is a gang member of dreaded criminal Ramu Deodar @ Ramua of Howrah and is involved in collection of “ Gunda Tax” from the land developers, buissnessmen of Real Estate and other buissnessmenunder threat/criminal intimidation. He is also involved in trading of illegal fire arms and ammunitions. This refers to Shibpur PS Case No. 950 dated 18/12/2010 u/s 25(i)(a) Arms Act.
97. A team of CID WB, under the leadership of Inspector Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, CID West Bengal proceeded to Delhi for holding raid and rescue operation in respect of one victim girl of Dholarhat PS area Dist. South 24 Prgs, who was trafficked on 29.05.2009. This refers to Dholarhat PS Case No. 137/09 dt. 363/366A/372/120B IPC dt. 29/05/2009. Accused Md. Israil @ Kalam was arrested from Howrah R/S when the accused trafficked one victim girl. During interrogation, it was revealed that the victim girl of Dolarhat PS area was procured and sold in lieu of huge money in Delhi to one Ajhar s/o Iqbal of Begumpur PS area, New Delhi. Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee, Inspector of Police, POWC Cell, CID WB, submitted a prayer for showing arrested the accused Md. Israil @ Kalam @ Akash in this case was taken on a police remand on 10/12/2010 for 12 days. Smt. Sarbari Bhattacharjee along with CID WB team accompanied with PC accused reached Delhi on 12/12/2010 for recovering the victim girl. There Ajhar was apprehended. Md. Ajhar was thoroughly interrogated and finally confessed that he had purchased the victim girl from Md. Israil @ Kalam @ Akash. After holding the raid and rescue operation, the victim girl was rescued in c/w Dholarhat PS Case No. 137/09 dt. 363/366A/372/120B IPC dt. 29/05/2009. Then the CID WB team led by Inspector Sarbari Bhattacharjee accompanied with two accused persons Ajhar ( who was arrested on 15/12/2010) and Md. Israil reached West Bengal. The victim girl is now at a Shelter Home for safe custody and after completion of PC period, both the accused were forwarded to the Ld. A.C.J.M, Kakdwip Court.
98. On 16/12/2010 at 14:05 hrs. acting on a source information, Officers and men of SOG,CID,West Bengal held a raid at Kadubari More under PS Gazole, District-Malda and arrested two accused persons namely
i) Minarul Haque (27) s/o Md. Hossain of Village-Dahara, PO- Sultannagar, PS-Harischandrapur, District-Malda.
ii) Jasimudin ( 40 years) s/o Laharuddin of Sahapur, PO-Baraduari, PS-Harischandrapur, District-Malda.
and recovered Rs. 149500/- ( Rupees One Lakh Forty Nine Thousands Five Hundred only) FICN of denomination of Rs.1000/- ( 100 Pcs) and Rs.500/- (99 Pcs) from their possession.This refers to Gazole PS Case No. 371 dated 16/12 u/s 489B/489C IPC.
99. Raina PS Case No. 140/10 dated 15/11/2010 u/s 395 IPC adding Section 412 IPC. This relates to a case of factory ( under construction) -dacoity at Raina PS area of Burdwan District, where a gang of armed dacoits, mostly from Aruar Gram Panchayat area of Bhatar PS , District Burdwan committed a dacoity in respect of iron rods , water pump, bags of cement etc. which were being used for the construction. The crime had been committed in the night of 14/15-11-2010. The gang had come in a lorry and after overpowering the guards, they entered into the factory premises. The dacoits confined the labourers in one place and committed the dacoity. They also took away some cash and mobile phones from the labourers. During investigation of the case, in pursuance of available informations, a raid was conducted by SI Anirudhha Chatterje and SI Atish Chatterjee both of DRBT Section ,CID accompanied by O/C Bhatar PS on 21/12/2010 at Devpur village and arrested Krishna Bagdi and Tinku Bagdi . From their possession one looted mobile phone was recovered. From the interrogation of the accused persons the entire gang was revealed. Subsequently, Sk Sukur (who is the mastermind of this gang) was nabbed on 26/12/2010 from Bolpur R/S area while he was trying to escape. Pursuing the statement of accused Sk Sukur, one Bhagirathi Singh was arrested on 31/12/2010 from Bally PS area. Pursuing their statement a portion of the looted articles ( iron rods ) have been recovered.
Details of arrested persons:
i) Krishna Bagdi @ Kesto ( 40 years) s/o Lt Nakul Bagdi of village – Debpur, PS-Bhatar, Burdwan.
ii) Tinku Bagdi ( 20 years) s/o Krishna Bagdi of do
iii) Sk Sukur @ Halim @ Barobabu ( 40 years) s/o Lt Abu Siddique of village- Sayer, Aruar, PS-Bhatar
iv) Bhagirathi Singh (55/60 years) s/o Shri Aliyar Singh of village – Koithi Shankarpur, PS- Deogaon, District-Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, A/P 22 Guha Road, PS-Bally, District-Howrah.
100. On 22/9/10, one male abandoned child aged about 10 months was found under Tljala PS area. Smt. Chandana Karmakar lodged a missing diary vide Mathurapur PS GDE no. 1287 dt. 20/8/10. Tiljala PS entered the recovery of the abandoned child in Tiljala PS GDE no. 1044 dt. 22/9/10. The abandoned child was deposited to Sukannya Home for safe custody. The NGO concern named THE INDIAN SOCIATY FOR SPONSORSHIP AND ADOPTION appeared before CWC. As per process, CWC passed an order no. CWC(S)/182/10-11 dt. 21/9/10 to take appropriate action by MPB CID. MPB CID, which circulated the matter with photograph in the local news paper to verify the claimant of the baby if any. Subsequently, on seeing the photograph of the said male child named MITHUN in the news paper, Smt. Chandana Karmokar approached before MPB CID and claimed the child. After proper enquiry and verification of birth certificate and other certificates the baby ( named MITHUN ) was returned to her mother as per order of the Court.
101. On 4/12/10 one Sri Tusher Bhowmick (63) s/o Lt. Amullya Ratan Bhowmick was reportedly missing. This information was entered in Howrah PS GDE no. 417 dt. 7/12/10 and subsequently MPB file no. 56/4/M(53) dt. 10/12/10 was opened. Various informative actions including scanning of debit card details of A/C no. 011301000009111 were done and the missing person was located. Finally the person was recovered from a hotel near Sealdah R/S by his relatives on the basis of information catered by CID to them.
102. On 2/11/10, Mrs. Ranita Biswas was reportedly missing from her matrimonial house. The information of missing was noted in Ranaghat PS GDE no. 115 dt. 3/12/10. Subsequently MPB CID file no. 56-2010/2/F(12) dt. 7/12/10 was opened. From secret information her location was traced at Barrackpore R/S on 23/12/10 afternoon. The location was communicated to Kapil Biswas, husband of Ranita and finally Ranita was recovered from Barrackpore station.