1) In course of working out a secret information officers & men of CID, West Bengal under the supervision of superiors arrested one Shankar Acharya Majumder s/o Chaitanya Kumar Majumder of Kalikapur Station Road, PO-South Garia, District-South 24 Parganas A/P of 24/1, Lake Avenue, PS-Tollyganj on 05/03/05. During search Rs. 22.5 Lakhs of Rs. 1000/- & Rs.500/- denomination Fake Indian Currency Notes were recovered from his possession. This refers to Darjeeling Sadar PS Case No. 1 dated 04/01/05 u/s 468/471/489A/489B/489C/120B IPC.
2) On 19/03/05 in between 12:00 hrs & 15:00 hrs on the basis of a secret information officers of Asansol DD jointly with officers of Burdwan DD, Durgapur DD & Bankura DD with assistance of Asansol (South) & Asansol (North) PSs a raid was held at Buty Plaja Market under Asansol (South) PS in 4 VCD Shops and seized 13,145 pieces of pirated VCDs, including 250 Pcs of blue films, cash Rs. 11929/- etc. from the shops and arrested 4 persons.This refers to Asansol (South)PS Case No. 57 dt 19/03/05 u/s 292/468/471/420/120B IPC & 63/64 Copy Right Act & Indecent Representation of Women Prohibition Act & Sec. 3 of Young Persons Harmful Publication Act.
3) On 23/03/05 officers & men of Baranagar & Naihati DD held a raid at Western side of BT Road near Ananya Cinema Hall, PS-Baranagar and arrested one Sanjoy Das s/o Rabin Das of Sporting Club Math, h/o Sannyash Das , Durgapur PS-DumDum with 2 Pcs of .303 bore improvised pipe guns, 1 round of .303 ammunition in his possession. This refers to Baranagar PS Case No. 60 dt 23/03/05 u/s 25/27 Arms Act.
4) On 24/03/05 officers & men of Naihati and Baranagar DD held raid in an abandoned Surki Mill of one Giri Babu situated by the side of Barrackpur-Naihati Express Way under PS Naihati and arrested one Abdul Bari @ Muma s/o Lt Md. Hussain of Dankuni, District Hooghly with 98 Pcs of Videocon Coloured TV in his possession. The accused could not produce any valid documents in favour of possession of above TVs. This refers to Naihati PS Case No. 62 dated 24/03/05 u/s 414 IPC.
5) During the month of July , 2005 , the CID took over the investigation of one case concerning theft of motor cars by an organised gang which was developed through credible source information and this refers to Airport PS case no 99 dt 1/7/2005 u/s 413/414 of the IPC . So far seven(7) cars , mostly new ones ( Scorpio , Qualis , Santro , Indica ,etc )have been seized from Rajarhat , Kaikhali , DumDum , Berhampore(Murshidabad) & Berhampore(Orissa) areas following the arrest of Sushanta Pal @ Raju of 38 , Jessore road ( Barasat PS ) ; Samir Mondal @ Tony of Italgacha ( DumDum PS ) ; Rajen Roy of 5 no. Basunagar , Madhyamgram ( Barasat ) . Further recovery of more stolen cars and arrest of the remaining gang members followed . Ld. District & Sessions Judge , Nadia on 5/7/05 convicted five accused persons , namely, (1) Sunil Ganguly , (2) Dr. Subhoranjan Khanra , (3) Abbas Ali Karikar , (4) Dr. Rahamat A. Alam & (5) Apurba Sanyal in c/w Ranaghat PS case no. 80 dt 16/3/2003 u/s 302/201/34/120B IPC and ref. ST no.IV of March , 2004 . Sl. No.1 to 4 were awarded life-term imprisonment and sl.no.5 was awarded five year's rigorous imprisonment apart from monetary fines . SI Parimal Bhowmick and Inspector Swapan Kr. Chatterjee had investigated the case.
Dr. Chandan Sen Case :
On 26/2/03 night one Dr. Chandan Sen of SD Hospital, Ranaghat, District Nadia had been to Nakari village to the house of Sunil Kumar Ganguly, UD Assistant of the said Hospital to attend invitation. After taking dinner at about 22:10 hrs he along with host and others came out of the house. After a while the host declared that Dr. Chandan Den was missing. Later, his dead body was found in the adjacent pond. A UD Case was started on 27/2/03 in Ranaghat PS over PM Report Ranaghat PS Case No 80 dt 16/3/03 u/s 302/201/120B IPC was started. After completion of investigation charge sheet was submitted within 90 days basing on circumstantial and scientific evidences against accd 1) Goutam Ganguly ( son of the host), 2) Arundhuti Khara w/o Dr S R Khara of Gayespur Matri Sadan, 3) Sunil Kumar Ganguly (Host) , 4) Dr. Subha Ranjan Khara of SD Hospital, Ranaghat, 5) Apurba Mohan Sanyal, Social Welfare Officer, SD Hospital, Ranaghat, 6) Abbas Ali Karikar (Driver of Dr R A Alam), 7) Dr Rahamat-A-Alam of SD Hospital Ranaghat.
On 5/7/05 Shri Raghunath Bhattacharya, Session Judge, Nadia convicted and sentenced accd Sl No 3,4,6,7 for life and accd SL No 5 was convicted for 5 years., accd Sl No 1 and 2 were acquitted form the case.
Tiljala PS Case NO. 223(7)2001, Khadim abduction case
On 25.07.2001 at 11:30 Partha Roy Barman, vice Chairman of Khadim Shoes Pvt. Ltd. was abducted by 3/4 unknown miscreants when he was going to godown by his Tata Saari Car through CN Roy Road under PS Tiljala. The miscreants used fire arms causing bullet injuries on both arms of the victim and forcibly took him in their Maruti 800 Car and fled away to unknown destination. Inspr. MA Rashid of CI WB was endorsed to investigate the case.
During investigation of the case it was ascertained that one Aftab Ahmed Ansari of Benaras, UP, a Dubai based Criminal master minded the crime. He with the assistance of Asif Reza Khan of Beniapukur, Kolkata and some other associates from Pakisthan and differenct places of India operated the crime smoothly.
Aftab Ansari was brought from Dubai and was taken into custody. Asif Reza Khan and some of his associated could be arrested. Leading to their statement, the flat where the conspiracy was made and the house of captivity was discovered with seizure of incriminating articles. Amir Reza Khan and six others absconded. In total 42 persons have been arrested. Of them 7 persons have been discharged. Asif Reza Khan has been encounterd in Rajkot, Gujrat when in he was PC in an abduction case. Another accd Wazid was killed in a police encounter in Hazaribag, Jharkhand. 34 persons including Aftab Ansari have been charged sheeted.
FICN Racket unearthed & 4 persons arrested
CID officers held raid against the Fake Indian Currency Note dealers and arrested four persons named 1. Shanti Ranjan Biswas 2. Tushar Mondal both of Kaijuri, PS- Swarupnagar and 3. Rabin Mondal 4. Mongal Mondal of Peali, PS-Canning. So far Rs.15000/- Fake Currencies have been recovered. Shanti Ranjan used to collect Fake currencies from a Bangla Desh national in the border area by paying 50% genuine currency. They had made transactions on earlier occasions also.
Ref: Canning PS Case No. 25 dt 31.01.2005 u/s 489A/489B/489C/120B IPC.
Recovery of two victims girls
One Jhumpa Das d/o Barun Das under PS New Barrackpore, North 24 Pargana was reported to be confined in some places in Gujrat. Getting inomaion that she was confined in a fixed building in a fixed place. The relatives of the kidnapped girl with the letter of advice from CID, West Bengal contacted the Ahmedabad Police who were also alerted by the CID, West Bengal, recovered Jhumpa Das and Mira Mondal , another girl kept there in that condition.
Both the girls were handed over to the respective family with the assistance of the local Police.
Stolen vehicles recovered & 2 persons arrested.
On 30/01/2006 in pursuance of a secret information DDI Hooghly, Inspector Sri Ajoy Sinha of CID West Bengal and other police personnel arrested 1. Raju Halder s/o Ganesh Halder of Sibrambati, PS-Singur, Hooghly and 2. Sattya Koley @ Swapan s/o Jogesswar Koley of Chinamore, PS-Do and seized 2 Maruti Omni white coloured vans bearing nos. DNH-2769 and WB-16H/1625 converted from DNH-8517 without any paper from their possession. Ref: Singur PS Case No. 09 dt 30.01.2006 u/s 413/414 IPC.
4 girls recovered from Mumbai and Pune by WG cell.
A team of Women Grievance Cell, CID,WB leaded by Inspr. Shri. Dipali Basak and SI Nabin Mukherjee, had been to Mumabi and Pune to conduct an enquiry in c/w Sonarpur PS Case No. 46/06 dated 07.02.2000 u/s 363/366A/372/120B IPC & 5 PITA Act. They rescued four girls namely 1) Antaral Molla d/o Md Daud Molla of Hooghly District 2) Noor Jahan d/o Muslim of Canning, District-South 24 Pargana 3) Tumpa Banerjee d/o Arun Banerjee of Churipara, PS-Ranaghat, Nadia District and 4) Geeta Bera d/o Aswini